Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Skins 38 Cowboys 31 post game thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #226
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,479
Re: Skins 38 Cowboys 31 post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
Yes. In that game at that time I loved it.
LOL. I agree.

Dez Bryant is next on the long list of human garbage that the Cowboys draft that I'm going to hate. I try to separate people from that team, but being objective, they just seem to draft/sign the most douche-bag people. D. Hall is kind of like that for me on the Skins.

Ryan and Bryant just make me cringe.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #227
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Skins 38 Cowboys 31 post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I'm sorry, I forgot that losing by 4 points on the road means they spanked us at our house
damn man, i said i made a mistake......i thought they had beat us, but i forgot where the game was played.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #228
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,480
Re: Skins 38 Cowboys 31 post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
The two teams we beat are in disarray. I understand the enthusiasm, but lets still remember we are still under .500, and are playing the super bowl champs this next week. They spanked us at our house, we have to play much better than we did even the past two weeks against a MUCH superior opponent. You want to see if the redskins have what it takes to contend? This next game with a share of the lead of the NFCE on the line, primetime game with the ability to finally pull back to .500 will say alot. The coaches have a leg up on time to prepare, and our guys should be much more rested than the GMen. This next game is defintely a must win if we want to seriously make a run at the playoffs.
I am really curious to see if Griffin makes any adjustments to his game specifically since he has played the Giants once. This will be the first division rematch game, and I am pretty excited by the prospect of him learning their tendencies (if they have any). I suppose it could work the other way too, but overall it's another step in his growth.

Meanwhile Morris needs 18 yards to break 1000!!!
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #229
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Skins 38 Cowboys 31 post game thread

So I usually don't wear much skin stuff but today I threw on my skins shirt. While out with the family for a few hours I probably had 15 people say something and I had 3 people come up and start a coversation. Was alking to one guy in front of Lowes as to Dallas fans walked by and we joked on them. This win might not change our season but I think its going to help get our fans base excited again about the skins. My dad has always been a skins fan but he has not really watched them much over the past 10 years. Now he makes it a point to see the games this year.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #230
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So I usually don't wear much skin stuff but today I threw on my skins shirt. While out with the family for a few hours I probably had 15 people say something and I had 3 people come up and start a coversation. Was alking to one guy in front of Lowes as to Dallas fans walked by and we joked on them. This win might not change our season but I think its going to help get our fans base excited again about the skins. My dad has always been a skins fan but he has not really watched them much over the past 10 years. Now he makes it a point to see the games this year.
I wear skins gear almost daily. I'm the only one in the Norman/ okc area I've seen as a skins fan. I'm sure some will jump on soon though
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #231
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: Skins 38 Cowboys 31 post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
damn man, i said i made a mistake......i thought they had beat us, but i forgot where the game was played.
What? They did beat us.
__________________
doing it all in the spirit of the salary cap!
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #232
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
What? They did beat us.
I think he meant that he "thought" as in remembered, ....that they beat us - thought the game was in Washington though.
Anyway to Smoots point - spanked was far from the rite word imo. - more like pulled a win out of their asses.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #233
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,361
Re: Skins 38 Cowboys 31 post game thread

Redskins vs. Cowboys: Rob Ryan, Jerry Jones were impressed by RGIII in their own special way - SBNation.com
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #234
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,008
Re: Skins 38 Cowboys 31 post game thread

Some fun from a Boys forum.....
Jerry, go get RG3!
Went to bed early last night while I'm sure many went out black friday shopping. Had a dream that RG3 was wearing a star on his helmet. It was a night of elation I must say...
It's a shame it was only just a dream...

What do yall think it'll take to get the man to play in the Lone-star state as a Dallas Cowboy?

If it costs the team Romo, Dez, Miles, Tyron Smith, and 2 firsts to get RG3, I say Jerry ought to pull the trigger.

Heck you can throw Spencer and any of our D-linemen in as well.

I don't wanna watch Sir Robert Griffin the 3rd play for the skins. I want him right here in Texas--where he shall hoist the Lombardi Trophy more times than any other QB in the next decade...

GO GET EM JERRY!!!
------------------------
And this site continues to turn further into a Redskins forum.
--------------------------
Bobby looks like the real deal so far. Darn you Redskins. darn you to heck.
--------------------------
It's sad but true. I don't get why the mods allow the non stop RG3 threads though. This is a Cowboys forum.
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #235
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Skins 38 Cowboys 31 post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
What? They did beat us.
I know, but I said they sapnked us, but he points out it was only by four points, and I thought that the first game was at Fed Ex instead of NY. Anyways, this next game is the most important of the year. It will be the skins choosing their road for the next 5 weeks. Chance or no chance.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #236
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,530
Re: Skins 38 Cowboys 31 post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
The two teams we beat are in disarray. I understand the enthusiasm, but lets still remember we are still under .500, and are playing the super bowl champs this next week. They spanked us at our house, we have to play much better than we did even the past two weeks against a MUCH superior opponent. You want to see if the redskins have what it takes to contend? This next game with a share of the lead of the NFCE on the line, primetime game with the ability to finally pull back to .500 will say alot. The coaches have a leg up on time to prepare, and our guys should be much more rested than the GMen. This next game is defintely a must win if we want to seriously make a run at the playoffs.
Look ... I don't know how long you have been doing so, but I have been watching Redskins football for over 40 years. As my son is now fond of saying, I am half way to dead. On Thursday, I witnessed what, to this point, has literally been a once in a life time event. The Redskins beat the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. Let me say that again ... for the first time IN MY LIFE (and likely yours) the Redskins beat the Cowboys ... in their house ... on Thanksgiving.

Yes. Next Monday is key. However, what happened Thursday was an epically joyful moment in all of Redskins history. I plan to enjoy it as long as I can.

So take all your Cassandra calls and sit in the corner. We all know Monday is key for this season and will pay it due attention in time. Right now, after this unique moment in Redskins' history, I will bask in the glow of victory, speculate of on the impossible and dream of Super Bowls.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #237
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Look ... I don't know how long you have been doing so, but I have been watching Redskins football for over 40 years. As my son is now fond of saying, I am half way to dead. On Thursday, I witnessed what, to this point, has literally been a once in a life time event. The Redskins beat the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. Let me say that again ... for the first time IN MY LIFE (and likely yours) the Redskins beat the Cowboys ... in their house ... on Thanksgiving.

Yes. Next Monday is key. However, what happened Thursday was an epically joyful moment in all of Redskins history. I plan to enjoy it as long as I can.

So take all your Cassandra calls and sit in the corner. We all know Monday is key for this season and will pay it due attention in time. Right now, after this unique moment in Redskins' history, I will bask in the glow of victory, speculate of on the impossible and dream of Super Bowls.
don't bring your syncophantic koolaid drinking rants you mod loving suckup you!

we only won cause of rgiii the rest of the shanaplan is clearly in disarray and no first in a lifetime win changes that.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #238
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Skins 38 Cowboys 31 post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Look ... I don't know how long you have been doing so, but I have been watching Redskins football for over 40 years. As my son is now fond of saying, I am half way to dead. On Thursday, I witnessed what, to this point, has literally been a once in a life time event. The Redskins beat the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. Let me say that again ... for the first time IN MY LIFE (and likely yours) the Redskins beat the Cowboys ... in their house ... on Thanksgiving.

Yes. Next Monday is key. However, what happened Thursday was an epically joyful moment in all of Redskins history. I plan to enjoy it as long as I can.

So take all your Cassandra calls and sit in the corner. We all know Monday is key for this season and will pay it due attention in time. Right now, after this unique moment in Redskins' history, I will bask in the glow of victory, speculate of on the impossible and dream of Super Bowls.
not saying I didn't enjoy it, and not saying I want to put a damper on everyones happy day. I was sitting in line at walmart getting a new 60 inch bad ass television listening to the game on the radio, and giving the cowboy fans in line with me (jerseys and all) tons of shit. I am VERY happy, lets get that clear. I have always said I hope Shanahan proves me wrong, and I hope we win a playoff game this year, I hope we win the superbowl for christs sake. Having said that, if we can do what we have just done to two of our most bitter rivals next monday night to the superbowl champs, then I might have to rethink my position. I will be a TON happier if we can roll the Giants, who are a much MUCH better team than the two we have beaten in the past two weeks. Thats all I am saying. I believe that this monday night game could be key to us becoming a contender, and get the whole roster believing, or we could face a fall off of a football type "fiscal cliff" of mediocrity. It will define our season, and I just hope we come prepared, and come to play. Please, I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #239
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,530
Re: Skins 38 Cowboys 31 post game thread

That's all well and good Mech ... but do you understand - I am 50 years old and this was the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE that we beat the Cowboys on Thanksgiving? The ghost of Clint Longly can be put to rest. Do you get the joy that comes with that? It's a monkey off the back of every Redskin's fan.

I know you're a Skins fan and enjoy the wins. I know you want them to be successful. I know, you know and we all know next week is critical for this season. I'll worry about it next week sometime, maybe not until Friday.

Whether we win, lose or draw next Monday, however, Thanksgiving 2012 was epic in its own right. It stands on its own outside the season.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #240
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,361
Re: Skins 38 Cowboys 31 post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
That's all well and good Mech ... but do you understand - I am 50 years old and this was the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE that we beat the Cowboys on Thanksgiving? The ghost of Clint Longly can be put to rest. Do you get the joy that comes with that? It's a monkey off the back of every Redskin's fan.

I know you're a Skins fan and enjoy the wins. I know you want them to be successful. I know, you know and we all know next week is critical for this season. I'll worry about it next week sometime, maybe not until Friday.

Whether we win, lose or draw next Monday, however, Thanksgiving 2012 was epic in its own right. It stands on its own outside the season.
Joe,

I understand the excitement of the win and remember all the heartaches from the past, I truly enjoyed the win on Thursday. For me I want more, I want the playoffs and the SB then I'll be satisfied, it's been 20 long suffering years.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31856 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25