Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Offensive Line: 2012 Unsung Heroes

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #256
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,919
Re: Redskins Offensive Line: 2012 Unsung Heroes

So.....many morons..
They're holding the Hog1 back....
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #257
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,397
Re: Redskins Offensive Line: 2012 Unsung Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
So.....many morons..
They're holding the Hog1 back....
Don't worry Hog1, you can succeed no matter what scheme the morons use.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #258
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,438
Re: Redskins Offensive Line: 2012 Unsung Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
We have to be very careful here. Yes the coaches get credit for the scheme (it's their scheme lol!!) but you have to give them "credit" for all the results/implications of the scheme. I'm doing that...giving credit for the whole enchilada.

I think some very, very short-sighted fans are giving credit for the offensive production and not the other implications. See?

I also think it's very short-sighted to not recognize RG3 certainly can/hopefully will flourish in a wide variety of offensive schemes/systems.
Do you think we'd be better off running a more traditional offense right now given the garbage pass pro as you call it? What sort of offense would you rather see?

I guess I'm just not understanding what your point is overall with your continued criticisms of this offense.

Of course RG3 is super talented and can probably adjust to just about any system. But I think right now given that he's a rookie and we have some weaknesses in pass pro, the system we're running is pretty damn effective and takes full advantage of his strengths while masking some of our weaknesses.

I know, there I go crediting the coaches again. Silly me.

Your version of crediting is just a little odd. The run blocking is ok? We're #1 in the league in rushing.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #259
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Redskins Offensive Line: 2012 Unsung Heroes

How not to cover vs. Robert Griffin III - NFC East Blog - ESPN

For all of the talk you hear about the Washington Redskins and their "gimmicky" offense with rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III, Griffin's actually been pretty good this year when he's thrown the ball way downfield. Griffin is the leading passer in the NFL in completion percentage and yards per attempt on throws that travel at least 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage, and what may be most impressive is how well he identifies when to take those chances.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #260
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,159
Re: Redskins Offensive Line: 2012 Unsung Heroes

hey matty, shut up. the goat is obviously smarter than you or anyone else here and we should just be thankful that he's willing to pass onto us the opinions of oil men in regards to pro football. his vast experience in the league as both a head coach and owner solidify his solid resume of football knowledge, and thus he must continue to bravely shout the truth of the redskins from on high.

of course, it's much easier to take him seriously if you don't read his posts.




stay strong.




fire shanahan.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #261
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,438
Re: Redskins Offensive Line: 2012 Unsung Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
How not to cover vs. Robert Griffin III - NFC East Blog - ESPN

For all of the talk you hear about the Washington Redskins and their "gimmicky" offense with rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III, Griffin's actually been pretty good this year when he's thrown the ball way downfield. Griffin is the leading passer in the NFL in completion percentage and yards per attempt on throws that travel at least 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage, and what may be most impressive is how well he identifies when to take those chances.
I mean really, as a D what do you do? The Giants kept their safeties deep and we just gashed them underneath. You bring your safeties up and RG3 will burn you over the top.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #262
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,877
Re: Redskins Offensive Line: 2012 Unsung Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Don't worry Hog1, you can succeed no matter what scheme the morons use.
ahahahhaahhhhhaahhah!
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #263
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,654
Re: Redskins Offensive Line: 2012 Unsung Heroes

Just from glancing at some comments, I take it some people still have problem with the playcalling/offensive scheme? If that is the case, I don't get it. Sure every offense, including ours, is going to have it's questionable calls/botched plays, etc. But right now I think our offense is one of the best in the league and one that is very hard to defend.

We are #1 in rushing yards, #2 in yds per rush, #1 in yds per game, and #7 in rushing TDs

In terms of passing, we are in the 20s in terms of total yds, but we are towards the top in the following categories: completion % (#6), yds per pass (tied for first), QB rating (#3), and least INTs (#2).

In overall offense we are top ten in total yardage, total points, total yds per game, and points per game. I put total points and points per game in bold, because I don't think this is something we have been good at in the past.

Sure there have been a couple of disappointing games and maybe we don't have the best offensive line or WRs. But we're playing some good f*cking football and anyone in general who is being all Chicken Little/Debbie Downer about our offense needs is just not very smart IMO.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG

Last edited by Ruhskins; 12-05-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #264
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,593
Re: Redskins Offensive Line: 2012 Unsung Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
But then Pro Football Focus has them I believe in the top 10 (maybe top 15).

So the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle, I suppose

Certainly RG3 has helped (in a big way) but I think it's quite frankly insulting (not addressing you here) to act like Mike, Kyle, Chris Foerster and the OL have nothing to do at all when the offense is successful. You'd have to be clueless to think that
Never said that I agree with the article, just that there's another perspective. All I know is that the O-line are playing better than last year and that's all I care about.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #265
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Redskins Offensive Line: 2012 Unsung Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Never said that I agree with the article, just that there's another perspective. All I know is that the O-line are playing better than last year and that's all I care about.
Didn't say you agreed
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #266
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,427
Re: Redskins Offensive Line: 2012 Unsung Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
didn't you post that link once and it was pointed out that Luck has taken 20+ more hits, and that half the qb's in the league take within 10 the same number of hit as Griffin. In other words one number doesn't prove your statement.
Here are some historical running QB's and one non runner, and their respective careers:

Cunningham played 1985-1995 (main team)
Steve Young took over from Montana in 90 played till 98
McNabb played from 1999 to 2009 (main team)
Vick 2001-2006, 2009-2011


A point of reference, Peyton Manning, a qb who we all would agree was not the mobile scrambler type played from 1999-2010, and was out a year with his neck injuries.

And of course Favre who took tons of hits and kept on playing.
But you're missing the point. RG3 is a RUNNING QB. Don't you get it?
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #267
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,427
Re: Redskins Offensive Line: 2012 Unsung Heroes

Not only that CRedskins, Peyton gets the ball out quicker than ANYONE in recent memory.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #268
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,303
Re: Redskins Offensive Line: 2012 Unsung Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Just from glancing at some comments, I take it some people still have problem with the playcalling/offensive scheme? If that is the case, I don't get it. Sure every offense, including ours, is going to have it's questionable calls/botched plays, etc. But right now I think our offense is one of the best in the league and one that is very hard to defend.

We are #1 in rushing yards, #2 in yds per rush, #1 in yds per game, and #7 in rushing TDs

In terms of passing, we are in the 20s in terms of total yds, but we are towards the top in the following categories: completion % (#6), yds per pass (tied for first), QB rating (#3), and least INTs (#2).

In overall offense we are top ten in total yardage, total points, total yds per game, and points per game. I put total points and points per game in bold, because I don't think this is something we have been good at in the past.

Sure there have been a couple of disappointing games and maybe we don't have the best offensive line or WRs. But we're playing some good f*cking football and anyone in general who is being all Chicken Little/Debbie Downer about our offense needs is just not very smart IMO.
This post is outstanding.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #269
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,919
Re: Redskins Offensive Line: 2012 Unsung Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Just from glancing at some comments, I take it some people still have problem with the playcalling/offensive scheme? If that is the case, I don't get it. Sure every offense, including ours, is going to have it's questionable calls/botched plays, etc. But right now I think our offense is one of the best in the league and one that is very hard to defend.

We are #1 in rushing yards, #2 in yds per rush, #1 in yds per game, and #7 in rushing TDs

In terms of passing, we are in the 20s in terms of total yds, but we are towards the top in the following categories: completion % (#6), yds per pass (tied for first), QB rating (#3), and least INTs (#2).

In overall offense we are top ten in total yardage, total points, total yds per game, and points per game. I put total points and points per game in bold, because I don't think this is something we have been good at in the past.

Sure there have been a couple of disappointing games and maybe we don't have the best offensive line or WRs. But we're playing some good f*cking football and anyone in general who is being all Chicken Little/Debbie Downer about our offense needs is just not very smart IMO.
Yah...whatever...STFU. You and your stupid facts......
Repeat after me and free your Shanahan...clan hating soul, brother.
They're holding Robert back....
Anyone F...n idiot could run this team with a talent like Robert...if he were not being held back.
That HS/Collegiate Offense will...........never work in the NFL and will NO DOUBT be dropping out of the Top Five in the League....any day.
HTTR...moron
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #270
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,213
Re: Redskins Offensive Line: 2012 Unsung Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Yah...whatever...STFU. You and your stupid facts......
Repeat after me and free your Shanahan...clan hating soul, brother.
They're holding Robert back....
Anyone F...n idiot could run this team with a talent like Robert...if he were not being held back.
That HS/Collegiate Offense will...........never work in the NFL and will NO DOUBT be dropping out of the Top Five in the League....any day.
HTTR...moron
Man my sarcasm meter must be off. Because im hoping you are being sarcastic as well. Lol
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32195 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25