Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Where does RGIII rank?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #76
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,052
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

i haven't seen more than 3 or 4 plays worth of andrew luck this regular season. i'll have to hold off on any opinion, other than i find it hard to believe that he's playing better than griff.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #77
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,052
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

and yeah, not sure who else would take flacco over griff.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #78
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

QB Robert Griffin III today was named the NFL's Rookie of the Week for the 3rd straight week and sixth time in 2012.

I'd say he's a keeper.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #79
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,479
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
QB Robert Griffin III today was named the NFL's Rookie of the Week for the 3rd straight week and sixth time in 2012.

I'd say he's a keeper.
Sometimes these awards are wrong, and this one, imo, is. I would give it to Russell Wilson, did you see the way he had the Bears panting at the end of the game.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #80
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

I most definitely think it comes down to Griffin and Luck. Although, Griffin is running away with it on the PR front. Skins late surge could put Griff over the top.

Still think Luck edges him out.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #81
Impact Rookie
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 46
Posts: 573
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I most definitely think it comes down to Griffin and Luck. Although, Griffin is running away with it on the PR front. Skins late surge could put Griff over the top.

Still think Luck edges him out.
It's crazy. Luck throws something like 42 times per game because the Colts have no running game. So it stands to reason that he'd have more yards, although RGIII has as many TD passes, many fewer INTs, a higher completion percentage, more deep balls (20+ yards) for TDs and completions, and probably a few other things I can think of. Luck has the benefit of last year's horrible Colts record. But a number of things changed in Indy for the better. I don't think there is a Redskins fan anywhere that would do a QB swap with Indy, but I would bet that there are at least a handful of Indy fans that would swap QBs with us.
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #82
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Sometimes these awards are wrong, and this one, imo, is. I would give it to Russell Wilson, did you see the way he had the Bears panting at the end of the game.
Wilson wasn't playing the defending Super Bowl champions.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #83
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,479
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Wilson wasn't playing the defending Super Bowl champions.
Had you seen the Bears defense???
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #84
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,052
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
It's crazy. Luck throws something like 42 times per game because the Colts have no running game. So it stands to reason that he'd have more yards, although RGIII has as many TD passes, many fewer INTs, a higher completion percentage, more deep balls (20+ yards) for TDs and completions, and probably a few other things I can think of. Luck has the benefit of last year's horrible Colts record. But a number of things changed in Indy for the better. I don't think there is a Redskins fan anywhere that would do a QB swap with Indy, but I would bet that there are at least a handful of Indy fans that would swap QBs with us.
i swear somebody here said they'd trade griff for luck.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #85
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Had you seen the Bears defense???
Yes, against the Niners, I think it was. Not what they were. Certainly not a defending SB champion team.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #86
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,479
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
i swear somebody here said they'd trade griff for luck.
I think there are a few fans on both teams that would swap, I think both qbs went to the best team for them, so I wouldn't change a thing.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #87
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
i swear somebody here said they'd trade griff for luck.
I remember that. I think it was some scenario where we would get draft picks and/or a player too. There's a lot of good QB's out there. More good young QB's than there has been in a long time. But there is only one RG3. And nobody....NOBODY but him that possesses the extrordinary set of skills to the degree he has and I wouldn't trade him for anyone.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:58 PM   #88
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,052
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I remember that. I think it was some scenario where we would get draft picks and/or a player too. There's a lot of good QB's out there. More good young QB's than there has been in a long time. But there is only one RG3. And nobody....NOBODY but him that possesses the extrordinary set of skills to the degree he has and I wouldn't trade him for anyone.
that's it, i think it was for luck and 2 or 3 1st round picks.

hail to griff! wouldn't trade him for the world
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #89
Impact Rookie
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 46
Posts: 573
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
that's it, i think it was for luck and 2 or 3 1st round picks.

hail to griff! wouldn't trade him for the world
Yeah, my point was no Redskins fan would do a straight up swap. But I would bet that at least a few Colts fans would. The earlier exchange on this site was Luck plus the picks we gave up to get RGIII. Different animal.

BTW, we ought to start a petition that requires RGIII to be bubble wrapped, given a security detail, and locked away in Ft. Knox during the off-season. Honestly, every week I think to myself, "I cannot believe that this guy is our QB. He's too good to be true." Then again, with all the suffering the last two decades, the Football Gods owed us.
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #90
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,361
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

As much as I love RGIII, I also love Luck. Many of you are under estimating him because of the # of INT's and not being the athlete that RGIII is. The man is also a winner, trust me he's just as good but in a different kind of way. I would have been happy with either one.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26546 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25