Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Where does RGIII rank?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #106
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,934
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

Griffin=new age style QB

Luck=traditional pocket style QB
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #107
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

^ Yep. And they're both winners.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #108
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,208
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
If I look back on any draft and the subsequent first year play of ..........any rookie qb, I cannot think of anyone that has impressed more than Robert
Griffin III has been extremely impressive. Fans of other teams want him to have a sophomore slump next season and are comparing him to Cam Newton. But how can they compare RG3 to Newton when RG3 has done more in his rookie season than Cam did in his rookie season? Nay! They are just pure haters plain and simple.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #109
Special Teams
 
SCRedskinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 462
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Griffin III has been extremely impressive. Fans of other teams want him to have a sophomore slump next season and are comparing him to Cam Newton. But how can they compare RG3 to Newton when RG3 has done more in his rookie season than Cam did in his rookie season? Nay! They are just pure haters plain and simple.
The comparison is about more than football. Cam's a self-professed diva (ok, entertainer) while Robert is a football player with character. Huge difference, IMHO, and it will play out that way over the rest of their respective careers.

Just no comparison, I can't believe we got this lucky. I mean we used to bitch about all the press the Cowgirls get, and RG3 has just wiped them off the media's horizon. Unbelievable.
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #110
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,551
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

I see Luck Vs. RGIII this way: Both teams picked the right player for what they wanted to do. Luck is perfect for the Colts and RGIII is perfect for the Skins. For that reason, the idea of trading one for the other must be unthinkable to most fans of both teams. I know it is to me.

Larry Bird as a Laker? Unthinkable! Magic Johnson as a Celtic? Unthinkable!
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #111
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,439
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRedskinsFan View Post
The comparison is about more than football. Cam's a self-professed diva (ok, entertainer) while Robert is a football player with character. Huge difference, IMHO, and it will play out that way over the rest of their respective careers.

Just no comparison, I can't believe we got this lucky. I mean we used to bitch about all the press the Cowgirls get, and RG3 has just wiped them off the media's horizon. Unbelievable.
I think it is even more than that -- RG3, for a guy that young, is an insanely good, sincere leader. Cam is an absolutely awful leader. The fact that RG3 is already a team captain and (at least gives off the vibe that he) loves playing football with his teammates. No comparison -- dude is a boss, here's to at least a decade of RG3 with the Redskins
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #112
Special Teams
 
SCRedskinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 462
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
I think it is even more than that -- RG3, for a guy that young, is an insanely good, sincere leader. Cam is an absolutely awful leader. The fact that RG3 is already a team captain and (at least gives off the vibe that he) loves playing football with his teammates. No comparison -- dude is a boss, here's to at least a decade of RG3 with the Redskins
Absolutely right. He's done everything right in team matters since even before they reported to camp. No comparison to Cam at all.

I wonder if we'd be wanting RG3 if we had drafted Luck. My guess is that we would have done well with Luck under center. I also hear much concern among other teams' fans about RG3s career longevity, and that Luck will be around longer than RG3. Would we see it that way from the outside looking in?

I believe that RG3 will be much more of a traditional pocket passer in the future, but will obviously always have the potential for making the explosive play. Could be an exciting decade or so...
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #113
Special Teams
 
Kope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 262
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

For all the worries about his size....he is 1 pound less than Alfred Morris. I know AM is shorter, stout etc, but 217 this year, probably will play the majority of his carrer at 220 - 225.

I know there is some mobile / non mobile below... but the rules were different until a few years ago. QBs used to get crushed. Robert fits right in with good company.

Favre 222
Joe Montana 200
Steve Young 215
Tom Brady 225
Dan Marino 224
John Elway 215
Fran Tarkenton 190
Roger Staubach 197
Matt Ryan 225
Aaron Rogers 223
Troy Aikman 219
Warren Moon 218

Other than Payton Manning and Big Ben, how many good QBs go 230+? Jamrcus Russell? Ryan Leaf? Dante Culpepper?

All weights taken from Pro-Football-Reference.com - Pro Football Statistics and History
Kope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #114
Registered User
 
44ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Fortune Teller
Posts: 2,512
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Griffin=new age style QB

Luck=traditional pocket style QB
Not "new age" just superior athlete...
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #115
Registered User
 
Gary84Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,035
Re: Where does RGIII rank?

Luck = interception machine
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #116
Impact Rookie
 
VegasSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I see Luck Vs. RGIII this way: Both teams picked the right player for what they wanted to do. Luck is perfect for the Colts and RGIII is perfect for the Skins. For that reason, the idea of trading one for the other must be unthinkable to most fans of both teams. I know it is to me.

Larry Bird as a Laker? Unthinkable! Magic Johnson as a Celtic? Unthinkable!
I think we have to give a lot of credit to Kyle for making the redskins offense perfect for RG.
VegasSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35975 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25