Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL ... Week 13 edition

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #226
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,755
Actually I could see them beating tb also. I'm not a huge bucs guy
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  

Advertisements
Old 12-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #227
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,148
Re: Around the NFL ... Week 13 edition

Another week, another Eagles coach not named Andy Reid fired. This time Jim Washburn. Maybe he shouldn't have said Babin was being made a scapegoat
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #228
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,756
Re: Around the NFL ... Week 13 edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Another week, another Eagles coach not named Andy Reid fired. This time Jim Washburn. Maybe he shouldn't have said Babin was being made a scapegoat
They keep this up, they'll have to rehire Juan Castillo just so they will have somebody else to fire before the season's end.


Posted article for Smoots news break:
Philadelphia Eagles fire defensive line coach Jim Washburn amid 8-game skid - ESPN
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #229
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,185
Re: Around the NFL ... Week 13 edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Another week, another Eagles coach not named Andy Reid fired. This time Jim Washburn. Maybe he shouldn't have said Babin was being made a scapegoat
Wow. How long can you fire other guys, and not think it's coming down on you too.

Really why not just let the coaches that have been with you have the same dignity of choosing when to go that Lurie is giving you.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now  
Old 12-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #230
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 10,245
Re: Around the NFL ... Week 13 edition

I don't get Andy Reid at this point. He's getting rid of everyone when he's going to get fired himself. What good does it do to fire the D-line coach with 4 games to go?
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #231
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,756
Re: Around the NFL ... Week 13 edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Wow. How long can you fire other guys, and not think it's coming down on you too.

Really why not just let the coaches that have been with you have the same dignity of choosing when to go that Lurie is giving you.
Andy knows his time is up.

The players better be worried too because it ultimately comes down to them as well. I think that team gets blown up. Nnamdi, Jenkins, Vick, and many more will be cut after the season. I would cut DeSean Jackson as well. Hasn't done jack shit to earn that contract.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #232
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,070
Re: Around the NFL ... Week 13 edition

I never thought Desean was all that great. He made plays but not really spectacular ones. It's always like "oh he's fast and ran away from that slow db". There are dozens of guys who can do that. He's more a product or decent QB play and scheme than anything.
FRPLG is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #233
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,185
Re: Around the NFL ... Week 13 edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I never thought Desean was all that great. He made plays but not really spectacular ones. It's always like "oh he's fast and ran away from that slow db". There are dozens of guys who can do that. He's more a product or decent QB play and scheme than anything.
I would take him in a heartbeat. He's like Brandon Banks, but good.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now  
Old 12-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #234
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,756
Re: Around the NFL ... Week 13 edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I would take him in a heartbeat. He's like Brandon Banks, but good.
You haven't had him on your FF this past 2 years. He has been anything BUT good.

DeSean Jackson, WR for the Philadelphia Eagles at NFL.com


Numbers have gone down the past 2 years.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #235
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,185
Re: Around the NFL ... Week 13 edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
You haven't had him on your FF this past 2 years. He has been anything BUT good.
no, but put him at returner and run the endarounds that Banks does and I bet his numbers would go back up.

As for declining the last two years, one was a contract situation, then this year with injuries, and the state of the eagles in general, hard to fault Jackson alone.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now  
Old 12-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #236
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Around the NFL ... Week 13 edition

Desean is really good. Does seem a tad overrated to me, but yeah, I'd take him here.
12thMan is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #237
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,756
Re: Around the NFL ... Week 13 edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
no, but put him at returner and run the endarounds that Banks does and I bet his numbers would go back up.

As for declining the last two years, one was a contract situation, then this year with injuries, and the state of the eagles in general, hard to fault Jackson alone.
It's not just the raw number, it's the YPC and TDs and even the punt returns that you all are gushing over.

DeSean Jackson: Career Stats at NFL.com


Receiving:
2012- 15.6 average per catch
2011- 16.6 average per catch
2010- 22.5 average per catch

Receiving TDs:
2012- 2
2011- 4
2010- 6
2009- 9


Punt Return:
2012- -3.0 (this is a negative number, but he had one punt return this year)
2011- 6.7 average
2010- 11.6 average
2009- 15.2 average


Seems to me he checked out long ago.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #238
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 53
Posts: 3,593
Re: Around the NFL ... Week 13 edition

All the talk on Espn this morning is how great Luck is.RG3 needs to have a big game tonight for any chance at rookie of the year,IMO,plus we need to win
Theyre saying Luck has 5 4th qtr comebacks,blah blah blah.Not caring that much about his turnover ratio
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #239
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Around the NFL ... Week 13 edition

Quite possible we're seeing the Magic, Jordan, Bird era of QBs.
12thMan is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #240
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 10,245
Re: Around the NFL ... Week 13 edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
It's not just the raw number, it's the YPC and TDs and even the punt returns that you all are gushing over.

DeSean Jackson: Career Stats at NFL.com


Receiving:
2012- 15.6 average per catch
2011- 16.6 average per catch
2010- 22.5 average per catch

Receiving TDs:
2012- 2
2011- 4
2010- 6
2009- 9


Punt Return:
2012- -3.0 (this is a negative number, but he had one punt return this year)
2011- 6.7 average
2010- 11.6 average
2009- 15.2 average


Seems to me he checked out long ago.
Anyone who knows anything about football would know Jackson is a good football player. I don't care about his stats, the guy can play. Is he a great player? No. Probably like a lot of players/coaches in Philly, he would benefit from a change of scenery.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26684 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25