Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #16
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,750
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Unless his attitude totally sucks he'd be a great addition. But yeah, our chances of actually getting him are pretty slim.
I am wondering if the more knowledgeable folks can explain this...if McClain gets released to waivers and some team picks him up from waivers, that team will pick up his contract correct?

And if no one picks him up from waivers, then the Raiders get stuck with paying him the rest of his guaranteed money, correct?

If this is the case...I wonder if teams would wait for him to go through waivers, given how shady the circumstances are behind his release.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 11-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #17
Impact Rookie
 
Evilgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 621
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

I doubt he drops to them, just like Babin. I bet they put in a claim though.

I can't confirm it, but based on doing a web search, his money next year isn't guaranteed.
Evilgrin is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #18
Impact Rookie
 
Evilgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 621
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Rolando McClain Contract, Salaries, and Transactions
Evilgrin is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #19
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,364
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I am wondering if the more knowledgeable folks can explain this...if McClain gets released to waivers and some team picks him up from waivers, that team will pick up his contract correct?

And if no one picks him up from waivers, then the Raiders get stuck with paying him the rest of his guaranteed money, correct?

If this is the case...I wonder if teams would wait for him to go through waivers, given how shady the circumstances are behind his release.
Some teams try and wait, but a waiver gives you a definite answer based on your waiver position at a definite price (the player's current contract).

If a player clears waivers then the player has more of an advantage because he can negotiate with all the teams and maybe even end up with a better deal, plus possibly get paid from the other team (depending on offset language in the player's old contract).

Plus he can simply say no to a team he doesn't want to go to. He can't do that on a waiver claim
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #20
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

as long as he has stopped firing guns beside people's heads
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #21
Camp Scrub
 
jsnyder03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 32
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilgrin View Post

Ouch. His base salary is $4mil next year and $5.8 in 2014....can't afford him at that price.
jsnyder03 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #22
Special Teams
 
cdskins26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 349
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnyder03 View Post
Ouch. His base salary is $4mil next year and $5.8 in 2014....can't afford him at that price.
Remember we get some flexibility back in 2014...again, a gamble but if he becomes a replacement for fletcher I pay that price
cdskins26 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #23
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,418
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

I never would have guessed this thread would have been created before 2020. He was supposed to be the safest pick in his class. Even more so then the likes of Eric Berry, Joe Haden, and Russell OKUNGGGGGG! Top 15 linebackers seem to have a higher bust rate then QB's and DT's. Von Miller is the only college linebacker I can think of in recent years that met expectations.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #24
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdskins26 View Post
Remember we get some flexibility back in 2014...again, a gamble but if he becomes a replacement for fletcher I pay that price
And you would be foolish for paying that price. If Fletcher were retiring after this season, then you would have a point. But there's no evidence to support that happening.

We can't commit that much money to an ILB in 2013 - when we have an 18MM cap penalty - if Fletcher is still on the team. Its a luxury we cant afford. Perry Riley has looked pretty good next to Fletcher. Id be shocked if Fletcher was not still starting on this team in the 2015 season... we should be grooming young, cheap talent to replace him, not spending big bucks on who will be come a free agent before Fletcher retires. If Fletcher retires and we dont have confidence in one of those young players replacing him, THEN its reasonable to spend on a pricey free agent.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #25
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,580
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Fletch has another year left at most. Signing Ro may expedite his departure
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #26
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
And you would be foolish for paying that price. If Fletcher were retiring after this season, then you would have a point. But there's no evidence to support that happening.

We can't commit that much money to an ILB in 2013 - when we have an 18MM cap penalty - if Fletcher is still on the team. Its a luxury we cant afford. Perry Riley has looked pretty good next to Fletcher. Id be shocked if Fletcher was not still starting on this team in the 2015 season... we should be grooming young, cheap talent to replace him, not spending big bucks on who will be come a free agent before Fletcher retires. If Fletcher retires and we dont have confidence in one of those young players replacing him, THEN its reasonable to spend on a pricey free agent.
you'll be shocked
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #27
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
as long as he has stopped firing guns beside people's heads
I thought he just held it there while the man begged for his life. Jeez your making him seem emotionally unstable with the whole "firing" thing.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #28
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Why the hate on Fletcher? Granted, he's been hurt regularly this year but he's played through it. While he's lost a step, he's still playing at a high level. Why the doom and gloom on Fletcher?
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #29
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Why the hate on Fletcher? Granted, he's been hurt regularly this year but he's played through it. While he's lost a step, he's still playing at a high level. Why the doom and gloom on Fletcher?
no doom and gloom, just doubt he'll be starting here in 2015 at age 40, that's all.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #30
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,378
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Why the hate on Fletcher? Granted, he's been hurt regularly this year but he's played through it. While he's lost a step, he's still playing at a high level. Why the doom and gloom on Fletcher?
He's NOT playing at a high level. We've been over this and have shown you the numbers. He's fallen off the cliff and then some. Haven't you noticed the missed tackles and how offenses target the guys being covered by our LBs? Nobody is hating on Fletcher, but the numbers and play do not support any notion of "high level".
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27880 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25