Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #31
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,177
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Why the hate on Fletcher? Granted, he's been hurt regularly this year but he's played through it. While he's lost a step, he's still playing at a high level. Why the doom and gloom on Fletcher?
no doom and gloom, just doubt he'll be starting here in 2015 at age 40, that's all.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  

Advertisements
Old 11-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #32
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,189
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Why the hate on Fletcher? Granted, he's been hurt regularly this year but he's played through it. While he's lost a step, he's still playing at a high level. Why the doom and gloom on Fletcher?
He's NOT playing at a high level. We've been over this and have shown you the numbers. He's fallen off the cliff and then some. Haven't you noticed the missed tackles and how offenses target the guys being covered by our LBs? Nobody is hating on Fletcher, but the numbers and play do not support any notion of "high level".
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #33
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,842
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Honestly, what's the likelihood we can snag him? Not good odds I'd bet.
mbedner3420 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #34
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
Honestly, what's the likelihood we can snag him? Not good odds I'd bet.
Fletcher is banged up...so we may put a claim. Still, I think he clears waivers.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #35
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,842
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Fletcher is banged up...so we may put a claim. Still, I think he clears waivers.
Why? Because of his contract or the odd nature of his release?

I still think we should claim him too, but I don't think we win it.
mbedner3420 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #36
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,177
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

has he even been released yet?
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #37
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
Why? Because of his contract or the odd nature of his release?

I still think we should claim him too, but I don't think we win it.
I just have a gut feeling that it would be either one of these two things (or both). Plus the Raiders always get the shaft in these situations. I don't know, just a gut feeling.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #38
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,842
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
has he even been released yet?
If he is, he'll pop up on the waiver list at 4pm
mbedner3420 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #39
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Why the hate on Fletcher? Granted, he's been hurt regularly this year but he's played through it. While he's lost a step, he's still playing at a high level. Why the doom and gloom on Fletcher?
No hate. Dudes been giving it 110 % for years. All good things must end though.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is online now  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #40
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,104
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I never would have guessed this thread would have been created before 2020. He was supposed to be the safest pick in his class. Even more so then the likes of Eric Berry, Joe Haden, and Russell OKUNGGGGGG! Top 15 linebackers seem to have a higher bust rate then QB's and DT's. Von Miller is the only college linebacker I can think of in recent years that met expectations.
Aaron Curry was supposed to be the safest pick in his class too, and that didn't work out well either.
mooby is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #41
Special Teams
 
SkinsGuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 121
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Aaron Curry was supposed to be the safest pick in his class too, and that didn't work out well either.
i didn't realize he just got cut either . . . for the minimum (prorated for the rest of the year) i would have given Curry a shot to be strictly a pass rusher on the outside (like the were going to do with Babin) . . . Curry is fast and strong . . . just couldn't cover or play the run . . . at all . . .
SkinsGuru is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #42
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,177
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
i didn't realize he just got cut either . . . for the minimum (prorated for the rest of the year) i would have given Curry a shot to be strictly a pass rusher on the outside (like the were going to do with Babin) . . . Curry is fast and strong . . . just couldn't cover or play the run . . . at all . . .
probably vernon gholston too, while we're at it.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #43
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
He's NOT playing at a high level. We've been over this and have shown you the numbers. He's fallen off the cliff and then some. Haven't you noticed the missed tackles and how offenses target the guys being covered by our LBs? Nobody is hating on Fletcher, but the numbers and play do not support any notion of "high level".
You must be confusing me with someone else. I just posted on this thread, and dont see any responses where you (or others) have gone over this with me and shown me the numbers. I havent had any recent conversations with you or anyone else debating Fletchers performance, so i dont know what youre talking about.

However, since you mentioned stats, i went to NFL.com to see where Fletcher ranked to see if i were just crazy. He definitely seems to have lost a step, but still seems to be playing at a very high level to me.

hes the 6th rated ILB in the league, according to NFL.com's "comb" stat, which combines total tackles and assists. Granted, thats only of teams that run the 3-4 defense, but if we rank him among all interior backers (ILB and MLBs), he's ranked 10th (out of all 32 teams). Granted, hes lost a step (we're used to him being #1), but i would say that number of tackles shows that he's playing at a high level. Not as high as he used to be, but still high. Interestingly, Perry Riley is ranked pretty high, too.

So what stats show that London is playing at a low level?
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #44
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
No hate. Dudes been giving it 110 % for years. All good things must end though.
I agree. I just dont see that his performance has fallen off as starkly as some other ones of you have observed. To me, he still appears to be among the best LBs in the league.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #45
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,177
Re: Rolando McClain About to Get His Walking Papers. Should We Claim Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
You must be confusing me with someone else. I just posted on this thread, and dont see any responses where you (or others) have gone over this with me and shown me the numbers. I havent had any recent conversations with you or anyone else debating Fletchers performance, so i dont know what youre talking about.

However, since you mentioned stats, i went to NFL.com to see where Fletcher ranked to see if i were just crazy. He definitely seems to have lost a step, but still seems to be playing at a very high level to me.

hes the 6th rated ILB in the league, according to NFL.com's "comb" stat, which combines total tackles and assists. Granted, thats only of teams that run the 3-4 defense, but if we rank him among all interior backers (ILB and MLBs), he's ranked 10th (out of all 32 teams). Granted, hes lost a step (we're used to him being #1), but i would say that number of tackles shows that he's playing at a high level. Not as high as he used to be, but still high. Interestingly, Perry Riley is ranked pretty high, too.

So what stats show that London is playing at a low level?
41 missed tackles
0 horse whispers
1 forced ball displacement
37 human years
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27912 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25