Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #136
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
The way Baltimore has played the last two weeks it is definitely a winnable game.
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #137
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,836
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Who laughed out loud when Gruden called D Hall a shutdown corner last night?
Who mute their TV after the first quarter not to have to listen to Gruden. Gruden is perfect for the fair weather fans that are flocking here now.


"and I watched RGIII last night he is awesome but they got other great players like D. Hall; the guy on TV could not stop talking about him."


Which leads me too brace yourself for the band wagoners; good after the 2004 WS everyone and their mother was a Red Sox fan. I was like where have this people been?
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #138
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I hear you but there were still a handful of plays that didn't work. I still think the play calling is suspect. Don't forget the two fumbles (RG3 & Alfmo); SMH.
There were a couple bad calls for sure, as would happen with any offense in history. But like I said, by and large. The majority of the play calling was exceptional. And what do the fumbles have to do with the play calling? If anything it only adds to the strong play calling bc they were fumbles after big gains. And on the Morris one in particular, the team was moving down the field before the turnover.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #139
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Who mute their TV after the first quarter not to have to listen to Gruden. Gruden is perfect for the fair weather fans that are flocking here now.


"and I watched RGIII last night he is awesome but they got other great players like D. Hall; the guy on TV could not stop talking about him."


Which leads me too brace yourself for the band wagoners; good after the 2004 WS everyone and their mother was a Red Sox fan. I was like where have this people been?
I was watching the game with almost no sound. Was watching it in bed while my sick wife was sleeping, so I didn't have to endure the Gruden stuff, lol!
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #140
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
The way Baltimore has played the last two weeks it is definitely a winnable game.
Looks like Suggs might be out, which makes the Ravens' defense look very ordinary. Flacco has struggled this year as well. I think the Redskins take them out, but I won't think about that game (much) until tomorrow, lol!
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #141
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsheemskins View Post
Hey Smot, do you think their is concern about the long term health of RG III and him staying healthy. John Gruden kept talking about RG III taking the hits. Do you think it's a line issue due to him not staying in the pocket? While cousins is the insurance policy, do you think in the 2014 draft the skins should draft another qb? Thanks
I'm sure they'd like for him to slide better and of course don't want him to get hurt, but we're set at QB
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #142
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Who laughed out loud when Gruden called D Hall a shutdown corner last night?
I took it as this is what he's paid to do, as in he better make that play for the money he's being paid
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #143
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Who laughed out loud when Gruden called D Hall a shutdown corner last night?
I did. Gruden gushes about everyone, but that was over the top. I also almost thought i saw griffin contain a laugh himself when Gruden put Hall in the same category as guys like Fletcher in the pre-game interview. Hall is an occasional playmaker, but he's about the furthest thing from a shutdown corner i can imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGIII View Post
Banks is done.
should he be? Yes. Is he? No. As sorry as he's been all year, he'll return a punt for a TD in one of these last 4 games and cement his spot on the roster next year. IMO the possibility of one TD a year isnt worth his horrible running/decision making on every other return.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #144
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,850
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I hear you but there were still a handful of plays that didn't work. I still think the play calling is suspect. Don't forget the two fumbles (RG3 & Alfmo); SMH.
"A handful of plays that didn't work"?!? C'mon man!

On what magical offense does every play "work"? Did every play Green Bay, New England, San Francisco, etc. etc. etc. ... "work"??

DEAR GOD give credit where it is f'ing due! KS & MS have a scheme for their QB that, according to every single analyst paid to analyze football, has said "Wow! That's f'ing brilliant". Sure, RGIII drives it to perfection, but that's b/c KS & MS built it just for him.

We just put 200+ ground yards on the defending SB champions. On offense, we put a 2nd half drive together that ate up clock and scored a TD on a ridiculous play that, I bet, the Giants still haven't figured out. We then ran the ball down their gut and, thanks to doing so, pulled off a beautiful 20 yard play action that all but sealed the game.

Enough is enough. If the best you've got is "a handful of plays didn't work", please take that weak sauce someplace else to debate. I, for one, think it is B f'ing S.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #145
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,836
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
There were a couple bad calls for sure, as would happen with any offense in history. But like I said, by and large. The majority of the play calling was exceptional. And what do the fumbles have to do with the play calling? If anything it only adds to the strong play calling bc they were fumbles after big gains. And on the Morris one in particular, the team was moving down the field before the turnover.
That was my sarcasm font. I thought you pick up on it. Sorry.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #146
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,436
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #147
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,595
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I took it as this is what he's paid to do, as in he better make that play for the money he's being paid
lol true. But I think like we've talked about before, Gruden just talks up everybody in a positive way, often too much. I just thought that was funny.


In terms of the playcall post, come'on man. Last night was nothing but good design and good calls. Cant be perfect everytime, and give the giants defense a little credit, there not scrubs along the d-line. Had no problem last night.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #148
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,405
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

We are all amazed at how RG3 is playing like a veteran and I'd like to give major props to Alfred Morris for doing the same. How many rookies come back from a fumble and pretty much win the game with those runs towards the end. I think it is safe to say that we are set at QB and RB for the future.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #149
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Whatever happens as far as the playoffs, one things for sure, Kyle's stock has jumped big time.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #150
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,836
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
"A handful of plays that didn't work"?!? C'mon man!

On what magical offense does every play "work"? Did every play Green Bay, New England, San Francisco, etc. etc. etc. ... "work"??

DEAR GOD give credit where it is f'ing due! KS & MS have a scheme for their QB that, according to every single analyst paid to analyze football, has said "Wow! That's f'ing brilliant". Sure, RGIII drives it to perfection, but that's b/c KS & MS built it just for him.

We just put 200+ ground yards on the defending SB champions. On offense, we put a 2nd half drive together that ate up clock and scored a TD on a ridiculous play that, I bet, the Giants still haven't figured out. We then ran the ball down their gut and, thanks to doing so, pulled off a beautiful 20 yard play action that all but sealed the game.

Enough is enough. If the best you've got is "a handful of plays didn't work", please take that weak sauce someplace else to debate. I, for one, think it is B f'ing S.
All the wrong people stepped on this land mine.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28281 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25