Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #286
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Know what else is driving me nuts? All this talk about his "playing style" and how it's going to hurt his longevity in the league. I mean other QBs get hit a ton more than he does. Sure, he takes SOME unnecessary shots when he runs, but he's been REALLY smart about it lately.
NFL Stats: by Team Category

Take a look there sonny. Just six teams have allowed more hits on their QB, and believe four of those QBs are done for the season or been out for multiple games. One thing striking is those teams have serious injury along the oline, whereas we've been remarkably healthy among that group.

Anyway, yep you're right six teams give up more hits and it certainly seems to take it's toll.

I'm more than a little irritated at the stupidity among fans saying the hits don't matter. It's one thing for the 23 yr old goofball on here because he's just a kiddo, but anyone in their 30s, 40s, 50s and upward have seen far too many fantastic QBs sent to early retirement for the beating they took behind a crap oline and/or poor scheme.

Let's not play the fool here...if we want RG3 as a franchise QB the pass protection must improve dramatically.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-05-2012, 01:11 AM   #287
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,587
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
NFL Stats: by Team Category

Take a look there sonny. Just six teams have allowed more hits on their QB, and believe four of those QBs are done for the season or been out for multiple games. One thing striking is those teams have serious injury along the oline, whereas we've been remarkably healthy among that group.

Anyway, yep you're right six teams give up more hits and it certainly seems to take it's toll.

I'm more than a little irritated at the stupidity among fans saying the hits don't matter. It's one thing for the 23 yr old goofball on here because he's just a kiddo, but anyone in their 30s, 40s, 50s and upward have seen far too many fantastic QBs sent to early retirement for the beating they took behind a crap oline and/or poor scheme.

Let's not play the fool here...if we want RG3 as a franchise QB the pass protection must improve dramatically.
Not a very good argument since we are discussing a mobile QB, and one that holds the ball on a lot of occasions to long to prevent a turnover or throwing a INT
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:42 AM   #288
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,697
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Would you root for the Browns and the Indians? Lol.
He'll yeah! Haven't you been rooting for the Redskins for the last 20 years? I've been living in the SF Bay Area for the last 30 years and could have changed my allegiances to the 49ers (they were my second favorite team before I moved here). After the 80's and early 90's I despise the 49ers more than the Cowboys.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:04 AM   #289
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
He'll yeah! Haven't you been rooting for the Redskins for the last 20 years? I've been living in the SF Bay Area for the last 30 years and could have changed my allegiances to the 49ers (they were my second favorite team before I moved here). After the 80's and early 90's I despise the 49ers more than the Cowboys.
Yeah but im from NJ - i never lived in Maryland so im already breaking "the rules". Also I was probably 6 or so when I became a Skins fan - by the time I was about 12 and understood the game they were winning superbowls so it was a while before they were browns - like. Lol. All of my teams are based off of childhood choices - i like the uniforms? I Like the nick name? Thought a certain player was like a superhero - - Riggo. I dont root for a certain city? I wouldnt want the Skins to move to LA because they are the "Washington" Redskins - but that is out of tradition not a love for the area or anything.
Edit: i often wonder if this team was moved and another team sprung up in Washington what I would do. There could be a situation like Cleveland/Baltimore - team literally becomes a different one with different name - than the Browns come back? or St Louis Cardinals moving to a different city as the same team?
I think if the Skins pulled a Browns - I would root for the "new skins" but if they just switched cities i would follow them. Id stick with the uniform.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.

Last edited by punch it in; 12-05-2012 at 02:18 AM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:56 AM   #290
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

What a game.. we had that stadium rocking! Seriously never heard it so loud there. Had a wannabe hardass Giants fan in front of me and I had him playing hide and shut the eff up by the 3rd quarter. Good thing I wasn't drunk drunk because he was realllly annoying me until then. Had a cool Giants fan beside me.. really cute girl a few seats down that gave me her number after the game. But most of all surrounded by some awesome fans. First time sitting in upper.. at midfield 10 rows up.. lol early on some guy was like "sit down!' and everyone laughed and heckled him.. he started standing too
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:00 AM   #291
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Yeah, but you wouldn't be a fan of one team in once city, and a fan of another team in another city. Chances are if you were a Dallas Cowboys fan living in Ohio, you would also be a Mavericks and Texas Rangers fan as well. The fact he's pulling for a football team in Texas, and a baseball team in New York screams band wagon.
Don't forget he grew up a Bulls fan
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #292
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,518
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
What a game.. we had that stadium rocking! Seriously never heard it so loud there. Had a wannabe hardass Giants fan in front of me and I had him playing hide and shut the eff up by the 3rd quarter. Good thing I wasn't drunk drunk because he was realllly annoying me until then. Had a cool Giants fan beside me.. really cute girl a few seats down that gave me her number after the game. But most of all surrounded by some awesome fans. First time sitting in upper.. at midfield 10 rows up.. lol early on some guy was like "sit down!' and everyone laughed and heckled him.. he started standing too
What about at the beginning of game,hell most of the game when we were on offense? Especially first half,when we were on offense,the crowd was especially silent.I commented on it in gameday thread,I dont remember it being that quiet in other games,seemed like there was no excitement in the stands whatsoever.Thats how it came across to me on tv.Of course crowd cheered when we made big plays and stuff.Mainly what im talking about is when team was in huddle {on off} and then go to line,crowd seemed unusually quiet to me,maybe it was just me?
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #293
Impact Rookie
 
Bushead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 780
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
What about at the beginning of game,hell most of the game when we were on offense? Especially first half,when we were on offense,the crowd was especially silent.I commented on it in gameday thread,I dont remember it being that quiet in other games,seemed like there was no excitement in the stands whatsoever.Thats how it came across to me on tv.Of course crowd cheered when we made big plays and stuff.Mainly what im talking about is when team was in huddle {on off} and then go to line,crowd seemed unusually quiet to me,maybe it was just me?
The offensive players continuously told us to quiet down before they got into the huddle.
Bushead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:32 AM   #294
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,023
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
What about at the beginning of game,hell most of the game when we were on offense? Especially first half,when we were on offense,the crowd was especially silent.I commented on it in gameday thread,I dont remember it being that quiet in other games,seemed like there was no excitement in the stands whatsoever.Thats how it came across to me on tv.Of course crowd cheered when we made big plays and stuff.Mainly what im talking about is when team was in huddle {on off} and then go to line,crowd seemed unusually quiet to me,maybe it was just me?
That's how you want the crowd to be when you're on offense.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #295
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,023
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Redskins were worn down prior to post-bye surge | ProFootballTalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #296
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,594
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
NFL Stats: by Team Category

Take a look there sonny. Just six teams have allowed more hits on their QB, and believe four of those QBs are done for the season or been out for multiple games. One thing striking is those teams have serious injury along the oline, whereas we've been remarkably healthy among that group.

Anyway, yep you're right six teams give up more hits and it certainly seems to take it's toll.

I'm more than a little irritated at the stupidity among fans saying the hits don't matter. It's one thing for the 23 yr old goofball on here because he's just a kiddo, but anyone in their 30s, 40s, 50s and upward have seen far too many fantastic QBs sent to early retirement for the beating they took behind a crap oline and/or poor scheme.

Let's not play the fool here...if we want RG3 as a franchise QB the pass protection must improve dramatically.
This will be my only post about this, but basically we're within (most) of the rest of the league, give or take 10 hits. If 10 hits is what determines the longevity of a QB, then strong post to you sir.

I refuse to believe that his "style of play" is what's going to suddenly have him crumbling into a puddle of injury-prone mediocrity. This is also assuming the other guys in the league AREN'T running QBs. If you look at those stats, Luck is going to be out of the league in a year! TOO MANY HITS!!!!!!!! OMGZZ!1!11!
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #297
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,849
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

I believe the team got into a general funk after the loss to the Giants, and Shanahan's speech kind of sparked a new determination. Hopefully it carries through the end of the season.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #298
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,894
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
This will be my only post about this, but basically we're within (most) of the rest of the league, give or take 10 hits. If 10 hits is what determines the longevity of a QB, then strong post to you sir.

I refuse to believe that his "style of play" is what's going to suddenly have him crumbling into a puddle of injury-prone mediocrity. This is also assuming the other guys in the league AREN'T running QBs. If you look at those stats, Luck is going to be out of the league in a year! TOO MANY HITS!!!!!!!! OMGZZ!1!11!
Herculean post bro
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #299
Camp Scrub
 
Hail to the SteelSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO but on my way back to Maryland!
Posts: 66
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

From playing College and High-School ball (which is not nearly as intense and draining on the body) I can tell you that playing nine games in a row with out a week off to let your body recoup is really tough. Basically if you are playing at 100%, like not taking it easy during the game, and really working at being the best on every play, its like being in a car accident, you know how you tense up right before impact, and your muscles / body is sore for a week or so after. You basically are causing you body to do that every play for 60 minutes with small breaks of relapse in between plays, which in my opinion from playing, that cool off period hurts worse then helping cause that's when the soreness kicks in and you start to cramp up.

I'm not saying their job is hard by any means... they get paid to play a game (was my dream before blowing out my ACL, and TCL, plus I'm to short to be an NFL O-Lineman 5'11") but the toll it takes on their bodies week in and week out is very intense. All that said I could see that they needed a week to "reduce the swelling" if you will, and hopefully the 10 day break between Turkey Day and Monday was a good second break so they can finish strong.
Hail to the SteelSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #300
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,518
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
That's how you want the crowd to be when you're on offense.
I know that
Usually you see members of the team telling crowd to be quiet in crucial situations where crowd needs to be quiet.{which I saw none of}Im just talking about overall it seemed extra quiet between plays,thats all
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32090 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25