Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #346
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,075
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So this past off-season, and seasons past, the argument was "Mike and Kyle are so stubborn. They'll never adjust their offense to the QB's talents"

So what's the reasoning now?
They need to be stubborn? LOL.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #347
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,817
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So this past off-season, and seasons past, the argument was "Mike and Kyle are so stubborn. They'll never adjust their offense to the QB's talents"

So what's the reasoning now?
I wonder what McNabb thinks now?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #348
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,648
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I wonder what McNabb thinks now?
"Wow ... maybe I did suck."
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #349
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,787
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So this past off-season, and seasons past, the argument was "Mike and Kyle are so stubborn. They'll never adjust their offense to the QB's talents"

So what's the reasoning now?

RGIII designed the offense. DUH!!! Who else do you think is calling the plays out there? C'mon man!!
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #350
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So this past off-season, and seasons past, the argument was "Mike and Kyle are so stubborn. They'll never adjust their offense to the QB's talents"

So what's the reasoning now?
Err,they finally got it?
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #351
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,097
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So this past off-season, and seasons past, the argument was "Mike and Kyle are so stubborn. They'll never adjust their offense to the QB's talents"

So what's the reasoning now?
It's not they're fault, Bruce Allen is.........holding them back.
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #352
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,648
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I hear this "new era" or "changing the game" stuff and I don't know. I tend to think that we're making an offense that really shouldn't work actually work only because of the singular talents that RGIII has. There are about 5 plays a game that are the plays that keep this offense moving...most of them involve him doing something only he can do. The league has never seen speed at the position like him, even Vick wasn't Olympic hurdler speed.
For a moment, I was "Wait, who are you and what have you done with FRPLG?" Then I saw the hidden sarcasm font. Brilliant. You got me.

"an offense that really shouldn't work" ... "5 plays a game that are the plays that keep this offense moving" --- Priceless!

FRPLG you are one crazy whacked out dude.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #353
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Read option is back in NFL and better than ever | Pro32: Head to Head
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #354
Impact Rookie
 
Evilgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 660
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Dunno, looks like they change the offense some every game? I'd imagine the play book for next year will be 10?
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #355
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So this past off-season, and seasons past, the argument was "Mike and Kyle are so stubborn. They'll never adjust their offense to the QB's talents"

So what's the reasoning now?
They got a QB who can do anything/everything, right?

I'm not arguing, just answering. Your point is RG3 fits any scheme, right?
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:00 AM   #356
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Not my point
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:08 AM   #357
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Not my point
...which is?
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:39 AM   #358
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Just re-watched the game and few things really stand out...

- The Giants were really sloppy all game, and our defense gets at least half the credit.

- It was the defense's best game of the season, both scheme and execution. Haslett had near perfect balance of shutting down the run, which NY felt it had to have to win btw, and creating pressure. If Haslett's goal all along was to make us a top run defense first than I'm a Haslett fan after all. We're damn good against the run. Pass defense still has a long way to go. We need a great FS, and if we can upgrade CB all the better. I think if Haslett could get an elite NT and FS this defense would be in the top 5 though.

- Hall blew coverage on Cruz, but outside Champ and Revis what CB wouldn't once in a game? Also noticed Kerrigan let up on a few pass plays where he could have at least put the heat on Manning. Watched them over few times and I think he might be hesitating to contain the outside, but that doesn't make any sense against Manning. Kerrigan needs to be more aggressive.

- Offensive play-calling and scheme were as brilliant as the defense. This is the first game IMO where the execution blew more plays than scheme/play-calling. Pass blocking was real sketchy in the 1st half but improved a lot in the 2nd half. Can't remember if that's a pattern, anyone?

- Niles Paul has no business being in the game on offense. Inconsistent blocker, inconsistent hands, nuthin special route-running. Cooley should be back in football shape, play him and Lunch pail Logan, leave Paul on the sidelines please.

- Mike has to waive the white flag on his Banks project. C'mon man, this team has a lot going for it right now, give in on this one.

- RG missed a wide open Moss in the 4th quarter that would have ended the game, and on the next play threw a bad ball. Can't remember him "missing" on two plays in a row, which is another way of saying RG is beyond amazing. Even P Manning threw 3 INTs in a single quarter earlier in the season.

- This team thinks it can win, and that's all that really matters sometimes.

I really like our team right now. For all my skepticism of the regime and Shanahans have to admit I haven't enjoyed football this much since '07.

And eff the Giants. Hope this thing really comes together for us, and then we meet NY in the playoffs and kick their a$$.

Last edited by The Goat; 12-06-2012 at 02:05 AM.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:53 AM   #359
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
So, against the Packers the Giants were back on track to the Superbowl but when we beat the Giants it's because they're in a slump?

There is to many flopping of opinions each week.
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #360
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So this past off-season, and seasons past, the argument was "Mike and Kyle are so stubborn. They'll never adjust their offense to the QB's talents"

So what's the reasoning now?
Well, now that hes jumped Jim Zorn in career winning percentage with the Redskins, I'd just put him in the Hall of Fame tomorrow.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31206 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25