Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #376
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 44
Posts: 3,304
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Enjoyed watching the game was nervous but WE WON.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #377
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,654
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWNED View Post
he really did move the chains. id give up a late round pick to get him back. he on any teams?
Team free agency would be happy to take a late round pick to get Gaffney!

__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #378
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,211
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

I see Goat getting laughed at is still a common
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #379
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Just re-watched the game and few things really stand out...

- The Giants were really sloppy all game, and our defense gets at least half the credit.

- It was the defense's best game of the season, both scheme and execution. Haslett had near perfect balance of shutting down the run, which NY felt it had to have to win btw, and creating pressure. If Haslett's goal all along was to make us a top run defense first than I'm a Haslett fan after all. We're damn good against the run. Pass defense still has a long way to go. We need a great FS, and if we can upgrade CB all the better. I think if Haslett could get an elite NT and FS this defense would be in the top 5 though.

- Hall blew coverage on Cruz, but outside Champ and Revis what CB wouldn't once in a game? Also noticed Kerrigan let up on a few pass plays where he could have at least put the heat on Manning. Watched them over few times and I think he might be hesitating to contain the outside, but that doesn't make any sense against Manning. Kerrigan needs to be more aggressive.

- Offensive play-calling and scheme were as brilliant as the defense. This is the first game IMO where the execution blew more plays than scheme/play-calling. Pass blocking was real sketchy in the 1st half but improved a lot in the 2nd half. Can't remember if that's a pattern, anyone?

- Niles Paul has no business being in the game on offense. Inconsistent blocker, inconsistent hands, nuthin special route-running. Cooley should be back in football shape, play him and Lunch pail Logan, leave Paul on the sidelines please.

- Mike has to waive the white flag on his Banks project. C'mon man, this team has a lot going for it right now, give in on this one.

- RG missed a wide open Moss in the 4th quarter that would have ended the game, and on the next play threw a bad ball. Can't remember him "missing" on two plays in a row, which is another way of saying RG is beyond amazing. Even P Manning threw 3 INTs in a single quarter earlier in the season.

- This team thinks it can win, and that's all that really matters sometimes.

I really like our team right now. For all my skepticism of the regime and Shanahans have to admit I haven't enjoyed football this much since '07.

And eff the Giants. Hope this thing really comes together for us, and then we meet NY in the playoffs and kick their a$$.
I'll have to go back and see the Moss play. It doesn't ring a bell
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #380
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I'll have to go back and see the Moss play. It doesn't ring a bell
Yeah he was getting flushed and Moss had slipped through coverage and was wide open waving to Griff.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #381
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Yeah he was getting flushed and Moss had slipped through coverage and was wide open waving to Griff.
Yea, one of the rare misses. I guarantee he will learn from that and hit it later this year.
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #382
F the Shannys

 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,866
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Just re-watched the game and few things really stand out...

- The Giants were really sloppy all game, and our defense gets at least half the credit.

- It was the defense's best game of the season, both scheme and execution. Haslett had near perfect balance of shutting down the run, which NY felt it had to have to win btw, and creating pressure. If Haslett's goal all along was to make us a top run defense first than I'm a Haslett fan after all. We're damn good against the run. Pass defense still has a long way to go. We need a great FS, and if we can upgrade CB all the better. I think if Haslett could get an elite NT and FS this defense would be in the top 5 though.

- Hall blew coverage on Cruz, but outside Champ and Revis what CB wouldn't once in a game? Also noticed Kerrigan let up on a few pass plays where he could have at least put the heat on Manning. Watched them over few times and I think he might be hesitating to contain the outside, but that doesn't make any sense against Manning. Kerrigan needs to be more aggressive.

- Offensive play-calling and scheme were as brilliant as the defense. This is the first game IMO where the execution blew more plays than scheme/play-calling. Pass blocking was real sketchy in the 1st half but improved a lot in the 2nd half. Can't remember if that's a pattern, anyone?

- Niles Paul has no business being in the game on offense. Inconsistent blocker, inconsistent hands, nuthin special route-running. Cooley should be back in football shape, play him and Lunch pail Logan, leave Paul on the sidelines please.

- Mike has to waive the white flag on his Banks project. C'mon man, this team has a lot going for it right now, give in on this one.

- RG missed a wide open Moss in the 4th quarter that would have ended the game, and on the next play threw a bad ball. Can't remember him "missing" on two plays in a row, which is another way of saying RG is beyond amazing. Even P Manning threw 3 INTs in a single quarter earlier in the season.

- This team thinks it can win, and that's all that really matters sometimes.

I really like our team right now. For all my skepticism of the regime and Shanahans have to admit I haven't enjoyed football this much since '07.

And eff the Giants. Hope this thing really comes together for us, and then we meet NY in the playoffs and kick their a$$.
I have to say this is truly a strong post and I agree with just about all of it. Welcome to the bright side Goat.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #383
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,154
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

yeah, banks can be tossed overboard. not to be too harsh, but he's not helping us and he's wasting that roster spot.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #384
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Yeah he was getting flushed and Moss had slipped through coverage and was wide open waving to Griff.
Really smart play on Tana's part. I've seen receivers just stop on plays like that instead of continuing and giving their QB a chance to make a play.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #385
F the Shannys

 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,866
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

This is what Jaws had to say about our defense today on PTI.

Wilbon: We don't talk about the Redskins defense much Jaws, but what did they do to Eli Manning, cuz this wasn't entirely RG3. The Redskins defense had a hand in this.

Jaws: Mike you're absolutely right and I'm glad we're talking about that Redskins defense. You know when you lose Orakpo and Carriker, two dominant players in the NFL, you gotta do some things differently. You gotta scheme your defense and that's exactly what Haslett's done. They rushed eleven different players at Eli Manning on Monday night, and I have never seen Eli as confused in the pre-snap phase. He struggled against a well-designed defense that executed well against the Giants. So some props for Jim Haslett.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #386
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Good job Haslett. Keep it going! Has he just realized he needs to do this???
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #387
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,211
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

NFL network, 2 people picked us to win out..

So we will lose 3/4 lol
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #388
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Really smart play on Tana's part. I've seen receivers just stop on plays like that instead of continuing and giving their QB a chance to make a play.
Nah hes just a me guy lookin to pad his stats. Lol.
Good point man - hadnt looked at it that way but yes - he was watching Griff run for his life and realized the safeties were gonna peel back and it would have been a td for sure had Griff seen it.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:05 AM   #389
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
Yea, one of the rare misses. I guarantee he will learn from that and hit it later this year.
It's a good bet. Tana's pretty short though lol...
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:07 AM   #390
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Good job Haslett. Keep it going! Has he just realized he needs to do this???
Old dog learning new tricks?
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28501 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25