Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #406
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,545
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Since the bye the D has shown some signs of improvement. Can't just slam Haslett all the time when the D is playing bad and not acknowledge him when the D is playing better. I'm not a big fan of him but he deserves some credit right now.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #407
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,455
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

No one has said don't fire Haslett. Just giving him some props for finally realizing when you don't have great personell you have to scheme more to get results. The second half looked a whole lot better than the first. There's some jumpy damn people around here considering we're on a 3 game NFC East asskicking streak.
__________________
"I'm buying what Scott McCloughan is selling. Count me IN! HTTR!!!"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #408
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,727
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

There is a reason why.....Fans say and do some many absurd, asinine, birdbrained, boneheaded, brainless, dense, dull, foolish, idiotic, imbecile, inane, insensate, jerky, lamebrained, ludicrous, lunatic, mad, mindless, moronic, puerile, sappy, silly, simple, vacuous, witless absurd, asinine, brainless, cockamamy, crazy, daffy, daft, dippy, doltish, dotty, fantastic, fatuous, feebleminded, half-baked, half-witted, harebrained, ill-advised, ill-considered, imbecilic, imprudent, incautious, indiscreet, injudicious, insane, irrational, jerky, kooky, loony, ludicrous, lunatic, mad, moronic, nerdy, nutty, preposterous, ridiculous, senseless, short-sighted, silly, simple, stupid, unintelligent, unreasonable, unwise, wacky*, weak, witless, zany things
AND....Coaches coach.
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #409
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

If John Beck were still our QB, we would win every game by 75 points. The entire current FO should be fired for not recognizing this.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #410
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,455
Wink Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
If John Beck were still our QB, we would win every game by 75 points. The entire current FO should be fired for not recognizing this.
I can sense sarcasm when I see it. Don't be hating on Beck. If it wasn't for Kyle Shanahan Beck would be a Superstar by now.
__________________
"I'm buying what Scott McCloughan is selling. Count me IN! HTTR!!!"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #411
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 2,249
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Since the bye the D has shown some signs of improvement. Can't just slam Haslett all the time when the D is playing bad and not acknowledge him when the D is playing better. I'm not a big fan of him but he deserves some credit right now.
Haslett is not the problem. I've always sighted the secondary coach as the problem. The Redskins have done better in defense somewhat but they are still giving up long pass plays. That 49 yard pass from Manning to Cruz the other night is a prime example. Another time the secondary was beat was in the first quarter when Manning overthrew Cruz straight down the middle of the field. Madieu Williams had allowed Cruz to get past him like in the first game. This recurring problem has been going on since week 2 when they started playing that sissy soft zone crap.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #412
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,545
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Secondary issues lie more with lack of talent/injuries. Morris isn't a miracle worker.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #413
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,053
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Yeah we're really playing with very little talent in the secondary. You can't coach talent into someone.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #414
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I can sense sarcasm when I see it. Don't be hating on Beck. If it wasn't for Kyle Shanahan Beck would be a Superstar by now.
Lol.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #415
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Yeah we're really playing with very little talent in the secondary. You can't coach talent into someone.
You can beat it in though, can't you?
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #416
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,526
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
You can't just say "we need sacks" or "we need better coverage". At this point in the season, your coverage unit is what is, and your pressure is what it is. What you need is a coach that understands what you do, how you do it, what your opponent is, and how they do it, then maximize your skills to minimize their points.

You say the Giants beat themselves, and I wholeheartedly agree. BUT Why did they beat themselves? Because our defense kept them from executing what they normally do, and made them do it repeatedly, and they didn't.

We are not going to be a shut down corner style team this year ever. We aren't going to win by pure blitz pressure, because our corners don't stand up to that. We will win by forcing the opponents to play mistake free, and not give up quick scores. If we do that, we win.
1) I know I can't ask for that at this point of the season. All I'm saying basically and the root of all this is that this defense is not trust worthy and will not get us far.

2) you agree with me that the giants beat themselves; yet you want me to explain why..? Because the Giants were driving on us so well, (pass, run, pass, run..) and then they would get into the redzone and either over throw an open receiver causing a field goal, Eli would feel pressure (when there wasn't any) and dump it off to his receiver underneath) or the giants would throw it to an open receiver on 3rd and long and the receiver would miss the conversion by a toe (the nicks play along the sideline), the off the finger plays to cruz either by drop or over thrown. The holding call on the OL when Bennett had a would have been first down. Like I said the Giants had a little play here and a little play there where they stopped their drive or their drive was the difference between 7 and 3. (also their very good kicker this year missed a very makeable 45 yarder; he makes it, Giants probably win that game.

3) I completely agree with you. What I'm saying is this defense isn't a super bowl caliber winning defense. Why did I say Super Bowl? Because I whole heartily think---yes me the 'negative' one here on this board, think that this team is getting hot right now at the right time (see GB, NYG's of the past 2 super bowl years,) and thats huge to get to the playoffs. We have an offense which everyone just has no idea how to stop with an MVP caliber player right now--we are the team no one wants to play. When I look at the playoff eligible teams; I don't see one team that I honestly don't think we can't beat. This team reminds me of the 08 Cardinals. Great offense. Bend but don't break defense, which can't get much pressure and whose CBs suck. But like that cardinals team, they lost in the super bowl to a team with a better offense (and defense) I have that bad bad feeling that if the skins were to make a playoff run, and beat out the NFC, which is very very possible IMO, I think we'd play New England and lose because of my despise of that team, and the fact that that offense is nearly impossible to stop with this secondary (last year we hung with them with Orakpo and Carriker--whom both didn't get a single sack, but some pressure) The only team in the NFC playoff hunt whom I think would give us the hardest game would be Green Bay, because of Aaron Rodgers and his WR core on our secondary..
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #417
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 23
Posts: 1,153
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

if you thought the giants LOST that one, which ones have we actually won then? the eagles game because we won by a bunch of points? you could easily say, well the eagles lost it because of injuries.

football (and sports in general) is a game of give-and-take, it wasnt the fact that the giants just played the shittiest game ever. hell, people are saying the steelers dominated us and are forgetting we had about 12900192380239 dropped passes.
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #418
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 23
Posts: 1,153
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

did the giants miss opportunities? sure, but so did we.

remember that fumble in the red zone? thats at LEAST three.
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #419
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,454
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

guess i dont understand why fans dont want to give credit to their own team.

Giants beat themselves? that sounds like a giants fan to me.
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #420
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Giants at Redskins Post Game Thread

It's almost like the mindset of the fanbase is "We don't deserve this".

Well, **** that! Our team has come a long way and deserves credit.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.44944 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25