Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Skins 31 Ravens 28: Who gets your game ball?
Morris 10 8.85%
Forbath 45 39.82%
Crawford 10 8.85%
Cousins 33 29.20%
RG3 14 12.39%
other 1 0.88%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #211
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,697
re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
HTTR 24_7 saying MRI negative. NOT CONFIRMED.
That is confirmed
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #212
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,697
re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
A 10 year old sending out BS, made up stuff, to all of twitter making everyone who is a skins fan believe him.
You're funny...and wrong
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #213
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

It's knee sprain. Per Redskins.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #214
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,855
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
A 10 year old sending out BS, made up stuff, to all of twitter making everyone who is a skins fan believe him.
Not even close.

He's worth the follow on Twitter.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #215
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,420
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
Brady sacrifices his body by hanging in their till the last minute until so he can throw to his receiver. Why does Big Ben get injured? Because he waits until the last minute and then throws the ball. They might not be scrambling because they know they can't but they are competitive for every yard in their own way. Remember when Brady tore his ACL? its because he was waiting until the last minute to throw it downfield. So Brady, Big Ben, Manning all sacrifice their bodies they just do it in a different way buy hanging in the pocket in order to make the proper throw. Griffin does it by scrambling and hanging in the pocket until the last minute. Manning needed neck surgeries because he took hits in order to get the ball downfield. Great quarterbacks are competitive for every yard in their own ways.
I suppose...still, I guess hindsight is 20/20 and RG3 really should not have taken that hit. Good points.
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #216
Impact Rookie
 
Evilgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 663
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

One question, what was worse in the game, Marv Albert or defense?
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #217
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
That is confirmed
That is great news!
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #218
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,420
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
This stuff just makes me face-palm. If he's just going to sit back there and take a sack, we might as well have started Grossman and kept the picks. If you insist RG3 stops all of his "RG3-ness', we're right back to square one and possibly wouldn't have won a game all year.
Good point -- still, given that hindsight is 20/20, on that one play, RG3 made a really bad decision not sliding and taking a ferocious hit from two much larger men. Can we agree on that?
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #219
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,855
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
Brady sacrifices his body by hanging in their till the last minute until so he can throw to his receiver. Why does Big Ben get injured? Because he waits until the last minute and then throws the ball. They might not be scrambling because they know they can't but they are competitive for every yard in their own way. Remember when Brady tore his ACL? its because he was waiting until the last minute to throw it downfield. So Brady, Big Ben, Manning all sacrifice their bodies they just do it in a different way buy hanging in the pocket in order to make the proper throw. Griffin does it by scrambling and hanging in the pocket until the last minute. Manning needed neck surgeries because he took hits in order to get the ball downfield. Great quarterbacks are competitive for every yard in their own ways.
Well said.

Just to add... football is a rough game. RG3's style of play is going to lend himself to taking some hits now and then. Shit happens.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #220
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,855
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilgrin View Post
One question, what was worse in the game, Marv Albert or defense?
Yeah Marv is bad. I'm surprised they had such a scrub booth on this game. Rich Gannon is a mush mouth and Albert seems to be going senile.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #221
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,855
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
That is confirmed
Huge sigh of relief.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #222
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Well said.

Just to add... football is a rough game. RG3's style of play is going to lend himself to taking some hits now and then. Shit happens.
The only bad decision was going back in; should have called it a day after the injury
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #223
Registered User
 
Pigskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 537
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Yay!!!!
Pigskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #224
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,855
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
You and Smoot seem to know this guy. Is he in the organization?

And yes I follow him on twitter, was joking I know he isn't 10, looks like he's in his 20-30s
Not in the org but he has legit sources much like SS
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #225
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,847
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
Good point -- still, given that hindsight is 20/20, on that one play, RG3 made a really bad decision not sliding and taking a ferocious hit from two much larger men. Can we agree on that?
I agree a bad decision, but it is easy to look back at it and say he should have slid but their of plenty of players that regret this play or another play that cost them their career. You think Bo Jackson wished we would have just ran out of bounds? Or do you Jamal Lewis (who can't remember anything anymore) wished we would have quit earlier in order to still have his mental health? So we can wish that he did something but hindsight is 20/20 and we can only hope he is healthy and learned.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27376 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25