Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Skins 31 Ravens 28: Who gets your game ball?
Morris 10 8.85%
Forbath 45 39.82%
Crawford 10 8.85%
Cousins 33 29.20%
RG3 14 12.39%
other 1 0.88%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #241
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
Any word on whether or not he would be healthy enough to play next week? Not to trash Cousins, but I don't feel confident that we can beat Cle without RG3. The Browns are better than their record indicates IMO.
Way too early. Will probably be, almost, a game time decision. I'd bank on that.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #242
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 5,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I was there....
Oh. It was latenite. Lol. Im an insomniac. He isnt in the organization but hes got a pretty cool site (name escapes me). - and as somebody else said he is the ES version of Smoot.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #243
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Look...everyone take a real deep breath here. We are all relieved...very relieved RGIII hasn't suffered significant ligament damage.

But...

The Cleveland Browns is just one damn game. And if RGIII doesn't play and we lose and miss the playoffs, so effin what. We have 10-15 years to think about. Stop being so short-sighted. We have a great thing going here guys

There's always next year.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #244
Impact Rookie
 
Bushead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 779
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Haven't had time to watch the game yet but seen highlights and just heard negative on MCL/ACL tear...sigh of relief. My question is people are talking like he played after that hit and then took himself out. WTF? What kind of staff allows a player to stay in after a hit like that? Adrenalin pumping, of course he's gonna want to stay in.

Looking at the scores and schedules today I think the only way we make the playoffs is to win the division, and even if we win out that's not guaranteed. NY is more likely to win out than we are even given their schedule. Regardless, there will be a 10-6 team to miss the playoffs probably.
We play CLE, PHI and DAL. Not easy games, but not exactly an elite three. New York has to play Atlanta, Baltimore and Philadelphia. I would much rather have to win out our three than theirs.
Bushead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #245
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 5,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Haven't had time to watch the game yet but seen highlights and just heard negative on MCL/ACL tear...sigh of relief. My question is people are talking like he played after that hit and then took himself out. WTF? What kind of staff allows a player to stay in after a hit like that? Adrenalin pumping, of course he's gonna want to stay in.

Looking at the scores and schedules today I think the only way we make the playoffs is to win the division, and even if we win out that's not guaranteed. NY is more likely to win out than we are even given their schedule. Regardless, there will be a 10-6 team to miss the playoffs probably.
Yeah its unreal but that horrible call by the replacements for Seattle might come back to haunt a few teams including us. Ugghh.
Edit: check the giants schedule. Falcons , ravens,eagles > browns, eagles, cowboys imo.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #246
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,855
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Haven't had time to watch the game yet but seen highlights and just heard negative on MCL/ACL tear...sigh of relief. My question is people are talking like he played after that hit and then took himself out. WTF? What kind of staff allows a player to stay in after a hit like that? Adrenalin pumping, of course he's gonna want to stay in.

Looking at the scores and schedules today I think the only way we make the playoffs is to win the division, and even if we win out that's not guaranteed. NY is more likely to win out than we are even given their schedule. Regardless, there will be a 10-6 team to miss the playoffs probably.
He said he was ok and went back in. Most likely his knee started to tighten up and that's why he had to come out. MRI was negative so no harm no foul. Your boy Garçon looked good again too.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #247
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,514
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Glad RG3 is ok. He has got to start sliding feet first.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #248
The Starter
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 29
Posts: 2,020
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

**** Seattle
__________________
NFL officiating is BY FAR the worst in proffessional sports. Except no substitutions... worse or not!!


R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #249
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,456
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

I would start Cousins next week, let's see how RGIII feels in a week. If he feels fine, I would dress him as the backup. I'm sure he'll be sore and probably won't admit it, that was a vicious hit he took.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #250
Special Teams
 
kct1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I think we can beat Cleveland with Cousins
I agree...let Cousins play next week and bring RG 3 back against the Eagles.
__________________
KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"
kct1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #251
Playmaker
 
redskins5044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Schertz, Tx
Age: 35
Posts: 3,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
I agree...let Cousins play next week and bring RG 3 back against the Eagles.
They will probably do that but Shanny will probably call it a game time decision just to make the Browns prepare for both.
__________________
Spider 2 Y Banana Jr. is the new Head Coach.
redskins5044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #252
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Look...everyone take a real deep breath here. We are all relieved...very relieved RGIII hasn't suffered significant ligament damage.

But...

The Cleveland Browns is just one damn game. And if RGIII doesn't play and we lose and miss the playoffs, so effin what. We have 10-15 years to think about. Stop being so short-sighted. We have a great thing going here guys

There's always next year.
Actually...I think you've got the short-sighted view. There's no way RG3 plays 10 (productive) seasons at this pace. Haven't watched the game yet but it sounds like he was running for his life (again). This isn't a long-term situation, I hope folks in high places start to see this soon.

If Snyder/FO expects RG3 to be our franchise QB for more than a few years we have run a traditional offense that protects the QB. It's that simple. RG3 will always be a running threat, but it can't be a main ingredient of the offense.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #253
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,855
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Look...everyone take a real deep breath here. We are all relieved...very relieved RGIII hasn't suffered significant ligament damage.

But...

The Cleveland Browns is just one damn game. And if RGIII doesn't play and we lose and miss the playoffs, so effin what. We have 10-15 years to think about. Stop being so short-sighted. We have a great thing going here guys

There's always next year.
On the flip side if he can go by all means let him play.

Obviously there's no serious damage so if he just has to deal with some pain I'd expect him to be in there.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #254
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,833
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Way too early. Will probably be, almost, a game time decision. I'd bank on that.
Given how Shanny likes to distort the injury list to keep opposing teams guessing, I bet you are probably right that they'll list him as a game time decision.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #255
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,855
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Actually...I think you've got the short-sighted view. There's no way RG3 plays 10 (productive) seasons at this pace. Haven't watched the game yet but it sounds like he was running for his life (again). This isn't a long-term situation, I hope folks in high places start to see this soon.

If Snyder/FO expects RG3 to be our franchise QB for more than a few years we have run a traditional offense that protects the QB. It's that simple. RG3 will always be a running threat, but it can't be a main ingredient of the offense.
Watch the game before commenting. Most if not all the hits he took today were on him for holding the ball too long or on scrambles.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30506 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25