Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Skins 31 Ravens 28: Who gets your game ball?
Morris 10 8.85%
Forbath 45 39.82%
Crawford 10 8.85%
Cousins 33 29.20%
RG3 14 12.39%
other 1 0.88%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #346
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,317
We just rattled off wins against the Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, and Ravens. When the streak started i felt like we were a one man gang for the most part. Now i feel like we are a team. Rave said during the gameday thread that just once she would like to see the offense defense and special teams all play well at the same time just once. I think we have all said that in recent history. The flip side to that is if one part of the team breaks down another part steps up. When you lose its "oh damn the d let us down or the o let us down or the damn special teams let us down". When you win though it becomes "the d stepped up or the o stepped up or the special teams stepped up". It feels good to be playing like a team and looking at the glass half full. Its amazing how winning can change negatives to positives. I could get used to this.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #347
The Starter
 
rypper11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 1,224
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kope View Post
I have never seen anyone get a knee injury when the leg is not planted. Has anyone else has seen a knee injury as a result of of whipping across a players back before? He was hit on the thigh not the knee.

.
Tim Krumrie. It wasn't knee (broken leg) but the way it flopped around reminded me Krumrie in the Super Bowl.
__________________
Playing a kids game for a kings ransom.
rypper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #348
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,361
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
We just rattled off wins against the Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, and Ravens. When the streak started i felt like we were a one man gang for the most part. Now i feel like we are a team. Rave said during the gameday thread that just once she would like to see the offense defense and special teams all play well at the same time just once. I think we have all said that in recent history. The flip side to that is if one part of the team breaks down another part steps up. When you lose its "oh damn the d let us down or the o let us down or the damn special teams let us down". When you win though it becomes "the d stepped up or the o stepped up or the special teams stepped up". It feels good to be playing like a team and looking at the glass half full. Its amazing how winning can change negatives to positives. I could get used to this.
Redskins show they’re more than RGIII and a bunch of other guys - The Washington Post
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #349
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,361
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypper11 View Post
Tim Krumrie. It wasn't knee (broken leg) but the way it flopped around reminded me Krumrie in the Super Bowl.
Same here, that's exactly what I thought.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #350
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,131
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypper11 View Post
Tim Krumrie. It wasn't knee (broken leg) but the way it flopped around reminded me Krumrie in the Super Bowl.
Krumrie planted, broke his leg, and then rolled over with his leg in the air.

Not the same as we saw with Griffin. I don't recall ever seeing anything like we saw today.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #351
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,317
Thats what the **** im talking about. The Redskins are a damn good football TEAM rite now. Thank you today Defense. Thank you today Special Teams and thank you today Kirk Cousins. They all made me proud to be a fan.
Edit: of course thank you today RG-3 for seemingly have infected us with a believing we can win attitude.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #352
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

I was completely happy with the first quarter. Then the plays called seemed to change. I was left baffled as to why they got away from the play action/ option plays and started using more pitches and tried to keep RG3 in the pocket more.

The 3rd and 4th quarter was more lot the 2nd quarter. They never seemed to go back to the style of plays that worked for them until late in the 4th quarter.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #353
Camp Scrub
 
Rev.SkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 58
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Well....I had several meetings at church this afternoon/evening and left the game to start the 4th quarter. Then, one my congregants comes in and says the Skins came back and won. And that Rg3 was injured. First off, I LOVE being wrong and having to eat crow after predicting a blowout loss!!!!!!!!! Being wrong has never felt so right!!!! Second, I want eveyone to know that I then went to the sanctuary and prayed for RG3's injury not to be serious lololololololol....
__________________
There is a new sheriff in our nation's capitol...
Rev.SkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #354
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,131
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.SkinsFan View Post
Well....I had several meetings at church this afternoon/evening and left the game to start the 4th quarter. Then, one my congregants comes in and says the Skins came back and won. And that Rg3 was injured. First off, I LOVE being wrong and having to eat crow after predicting a blowout loss!!!!!!!!! Being wrong has never felt so right!!!! Second, I want eveyone to know that I then went to the sanctuary and prayed for RG3's injury not to be serious lololololololol....
How about having some faith? You gave up on that game right from the start.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #355
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,530
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I was completely happy with the first quarter. Then the plays called seemed to change. I was left baffled as to why they got away from the play action/ option plays and started using more pitches and tried to keep RG3 in the pocket more.

The 3rd and 4th quarter was more lot the 2nd quarter. They never seemed to go back to the style of plays that worked for them until late in the 4th quarter.
B/c the Ravens adjusted and started playing more disciplined football and shutting down the options. In addition to being disciplined, they were winning the one on one's. They are a very talented team, even with the missing parts.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #356
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,361
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

They should go get Hightower and just pound the ball with him and Morris, give RGIII a slight break and pass when all else fails.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #357
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,494
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I was completely happy with the first quarter. Then the plays called seemed to change. I was left baffled as to why they got away from the play action/ option plays and started using more pitches and tried to keep RG3 in the pocket more.

The 3rd and 4th quarter was more lot the 2nd quarter. They never seemed to go back to the style of plays that worked for them until late in the 4th quarter.
It felt like, to me, that the speed and pace of the first quarter wore both offenses down a little bit. That was a lot of yards out of the gun, and I think the playcalling tried to slow up the tempo, but instead took us out of whatever rhythm we were in.

but probably not
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #358
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
How about having some faith? You gave up on that game right from the start.
Lol. Check number 84 in the gameday thread. I think that was your purest moment of doubt Rev. He reminded me of JGislordoftherings today.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #359
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,131
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Lol. Check number 84 in the gameday thread. I think that was your purest moment of doubt Rev. He reminded me of JGislordoftherings today.
It was about half way through the 3rd quarter and he was talking in the past tense like we had lost. I was like really?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #360
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
It was about half way through the 3rd quarter and he was talking in the past tense like we had lost. I was like really?
He was doing it in the first half. Lol. After post number 84 - malcolm connection mentioned that it was alittle early because the Ravens had run like five plays. It was total role reversal preaching faith to a reverand.
Edit: we just arent used to winning. I remember the good old days when we would go in at halftime down in the game and it was like yeah whatever. You just knew we would win and we usually did. It has been along time since i have had such confidence but this team is learning how to win before our very eyes. I would love to see this translate into a deep playoff run so early in the "renassaince". Httr.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30931 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25