Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Skins 31 Ravens 28: Who gets your game ball?
Morris 10 8.85%
Forbath 45 39.82%
Crawford 10 8.85%
Cousins 33 29.20%
RG3 14 12.39%
other 1 0.88%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #586
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Who gives a damn about stats? Would you rather have a team be 50% on 3rd down but average 17 points? The bottom line is the offense is scoring enough points to win games. 31 points yesterday should win most games!!! I think the issue with 3rd down is when teams know when we have to pass then that's the weakness. It's a combination of the line, RG3 feeling comfortable letting plays develop/not wanting to take off running, and the wr's hanging on the the ball. We have to remember that we have a 22 year old rookie playing QB. As time goes on he will develop into a better passer. His footwork in the pocket is a little off but that will improve. He's a gym rat. But again, look at this offense from last year to this year. It's night and day.But I agee, Kyle need to ditch the pitch!
I wish i could be this elegant with my words. This is exactly what i am having such a difficult time saying so thank you Skinsfan69.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #587
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,223
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Well ... 3rd down conversions are about sustaining drives and eating clock.

Don't get me wrong... I love the quick strike nature of our offense. At the same time a long drive or three keeps our D off the field and that's got to be a good thing.

This.

...and really, is there any need to bash the defense at this point? We know they are shitty, and we knew that the moment we lost 4 starters on the squad. Nothing else to say about the defense or Haslett except they're doing the best they can with what they have to work with. That ship will get corrected in the off-season.


Going back to the penalties, the more I think about it the more I think this is the bigger issue at hand with our inconsistency. I wonder what the correlation between teams with the.....**** it, I'll DO IT LIVE MYSELF.


Teams 3rd down conversion from best to worst.

2012 NFL Team Downs Stats - National Football League - ESPN


Teams from most to least panalties.

2012 NFL Team Downs Stats - National Football League - ESPN


Wanted to see if there was a correlation between a teams penalties and their third down conversions. Probably inconclusive data here as I imagine that it depends on when those penalties were called and what side of the ball they were called on.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #588
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,620
NC if it makes you feel better Cleveland is worse than we are.
There really isnt a huge difference from 15 to us. Also look at alot of the teams that are ahead of us. They stink. So would i like to see improvement - of course but its like Kai. As long as he keeps nailing fieldgoals the short kickoffs dont bother me. As long as were putting up 30 a game neither does our conversion rate on third down.
Edit : if you do the math one stellar game of say 8 for 12 on third down - one game - will put us rite up in the middle of the pack somewhere.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #589
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
Luck? Really, come on we are a few lucky plays from 10-3. Lucky plays happen every year with every team.
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #590
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
Luck? Really, come on we are a few lucky plays from 10-3. Lucky plays happen every year with every team.
Hey man i was wrong about the tiebreaker thing. I forgot about common opponents.
Head to head
Division record
Common opponent record
Than conference record.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #591
Impact Rookie
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 46
Posts: 780
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
This.

...and really, is there any need to bash the defense at this point? We know they are shitty, and we knew that the moment we lost 4 starters on the squad. Nothing else to say about the defense or Haslett except they're doing the best they can with what they have to work with. That ship will get corrected in the off-season.


Going back to the penalties, the more I think about it the more I think this is the bigger issue at hand with our inconsistency. I wonder what the correlation between teams with the.....**** it, I'll DO IT LIVE MYSELF.


Teams 3rd down conversion from best to worst.

2012 NFL Team Downs Stats - National Football League - ESPN


Teams from most to least panalties.

2012 NFL Team Downs Stats - National Football League - ESPN


Wanted to see if there was a correlation between a teams penalties and their third down conversions. Probably inconclusive data here as I imagine that it depends on when those penalties were called and what side of the ball they were called on.
The penalties really stands out to me. Putting aside Atlanta (because only 47 penalities so far in the season is pretty amazing, and not a standard most teams could hope to meet), if you consider that there are a bunch of teams with about 70 penalties -- we're 35 penalties above that. It is hard to imagine that it close games (oh, I don,t know, like perhaps the Rams game) that a few penalties here or there might not make the difference between a win and a loss -- and if we had just one more win right now, we'd all feel a lot better about post-season possibilities. One thing that does seem clear: we need to play with more discipline going forward if we're going to keep winning. And that should be a priority for next season.
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #592
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
The penalties really stands out to me. Putting aside Atlanta (because only 47 penalities so far in the season is pretty amazing, and not a standard most teams could hope to meet), if you consider that there are a bunch of teams with about 70 penalties -- we're 35 penalties above that. It is hard to imagine that it close games (oh, I don,t know, like perhaps the Rams game) that a few penalties here or there might not make the difference between a win and a loss -- and if we had just one more win right now, we'd all feel a lot better about post-season possibilities. One thing that does seem clear: we need to play with more discipline going forward if we're going to keep winning. And that should be a priority for next season.
Were young. I think it will improve. On the flipside its amazing we have 7 wins and we are so heavily penalized. Says alot about the other aspects of our team.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #593
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Well ... 3rd down conversions are about sustaining drives and eating clock.

Don't get me wrong... I love the quick strike nature of our offense. At the same time a long drive or three keeps our D off the field and that's got to be a good thing.
so, you mean a drive that is different then taking the last 4 minutes off the clock with a 1 point lead against a division rival? or a 6 minute drive to score the go ahead points against that same division rival?

1st year, rookie qb, rookie rb, missing #1 te (which is often a key position on 3rd downs)

offense in top 10 in nearly every category.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #594
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 45
Posts: 1,587
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
NC if it makes you feel better Cleveland is worse than we are.
There really isnt a huge difference from 15 to us. Also look at alot of the teams that are ahead of us. They stink. So would i like to see improvement - of course but its like Kai. As long as he keeps nailing fieldgoals the short kickoffs dont bother me. As long as were putting up 30 a game neither does our conversion rate on third down.
Edit : if you do the math one stellar game of say 8 for 12 on third down - one game - will put us rite up in the middle of the pack somewhere.
The 3rd down percentage rate matters. However, if you look at the top teams, they are the ones with the most experience at the QB position. Like punch said, we are a good game away from moving up to "middling". Shanahan has brought in a bunch of new, young players on the offense. Efficiency on third down, as well as minimizing penalties, gets better with experience. If we can find a way to win anyway this year, great! The next several years will be the ones that are really special!
__________________
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. A. Einstien
GoSkins! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #595
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,223
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
So you did not say our offense is not humming along?
No, I just questioned your idea of "humming along". I just don't think it's efficient as it could be. I'm talking about this because there is nothing left to say about the defense. It's shitty. It's going to be shitty until the beginning of next season. Only thing left to discuss is offense and special teams.

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post974024 (Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee))



Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Just like this morning you didnt say that we were all giving up except for you.
No, I didn't. I'm not even going to go down that road again with you guys.


Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Just like you didnt say you cant see the sun set on the east coast?
No I didn't.

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post968385 (Redskins Offensive Line: 2012 Unsung Heroes)

Is exactly what was said.


Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I suppose you didnt say we are lucky to be 7-6 either?
I said luck has played a huge part. It has, but it also plays a part in everybody's record. Some of them get bad luck, others get good luck. We've been fortunate. I also said skill, talent and coaching were a reason we are in the position we are in.


Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Im seeing a pattern here.
The pattern is your uncanny ability to take something written and twist it into something that's not.



Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Nobody is twisting anything.
I'm not the only once noticing it.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 12-10-2012 at 10:20 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #596
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,815
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Well ... 3rd down conversions are about sustaining drives and eating clock.

Don't get me wrong... I love the quick strike nature of our offense. At the same time a long drive or three keeps our D off the field and that's got to be a good thing.
We sure as hell ate the clock last week when NY didn't get the ball back.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #597
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,223
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
The penalties really stands out to me. Putting aside Atlanta (because only 47 penalities so far in the season is pretty amazing, and not a standard most teams could hope to meet), if you consider that there are a bunch of teams with about 70 penalties -- we're 35 penalties above that. It is hard to imagine that it close games (oh, I don,t know, like perhaps the Rams game) that a few penalties here or there might not make the difference between a win and a loss -- and if we had just one more win right now, we'd all feel a lot better about post-season possibilities. One thing that does seem clear: we need to play with more discipline going forward if we're going to keep winning. And that should be a priority for next season.



Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSkins! View Post
The 3rd down percentage rate matters. However, if you look at the top teams, they are the ones with the most experience at the QB position. Like punch said, we are a good game away from moving up to "middling". Shanahan has brought in a bunch of new, young players on the offense. Efficiency on third down, as well as minimizing penalties, gets better with experience. If we can find a way to win anyway this year, great! The next several years will be the ones that are really special!
Agree 100% on both of these points. Well said.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #598
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,223
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Were young. I think it will improve. On the flipside its amazing we have 7 wins and we are so heavily penalized. Says alot about the other aspects of our team.
It says they have a lot of heart to go with that talent, and that they fight till the end. That goes a long way in the difference between winning and losing.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #599
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Sometimes I don't even know why I bother. They take something you say, twist it into something it's not and completely miss the point.
Are you talking about women? I agree!
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #600
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,805
Re: Ravens at Redskins Post Game Thread (RG3 MRI Result-Sprained Knee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Are you talking about women? I agree!
Doesn't include me.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32753 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25