Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Playoff Predictor

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #46
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Assuming we win the division, Well likely host the Seahawks on wild card weekend. Of all the NFC playoff contenders, they are the team I am most afraid of.
They are a vastly different team on the road with out that loud ass stadium.
Edit: 3-5 on the road with losses to detroit, st louis, arizona, and Miami included. Bring em on.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #47
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,052
Re: Playoff Predictor

we owe them big time when it comes to playoffs
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #48
F the Shannys

 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,879
Re: Playoff Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Assuming we win the division, Well likely host the Seahawks on wild card weekend. Of all the NFC playoff contenders, they are the team I am most afraid of.
I was thinking this as well... but then I thought of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
we owe them big time when it comes to playoffs
F**k the Seahawks, bring em on.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #49
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Playoff Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Home and away they are 2 different teams. They may also be down their best CB if we play them.
Your perception of the team is a bit outdated. They have the best home field advantage in the league, but they are still dangerous on the road... Take yesterday for example.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #50
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Playoff Predictor

Has any covered what happens if we split the last two? Can we still back our way into the playoffs?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #51
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,052
Re: Playoff Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Has any covered what happens if we split the last two? Can we still back our way into the playoffs?
it's very possible if we beat dallas
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #52
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,499
Re: Playoff Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
it's very possible if we beat dallas
It's very possible either way, to make the playoffs as a wild card we need 1 more win and losses by NYG, Chicago and Minnesota.

We still win the division with one loss, as long as its to Philly and not Dallas.

Either way, just take care of business and get in!
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #53
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Playoff Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
it's very possible if we beat dallas
Not really. 9-7 won't be enough for a wild card. We could conceivably win the division if the giants lose both of their next two, but that's unlikely.

Regarding everyone who is taking the Seahawks lightly, you are either uninformed or overestimate the skins.

Seatles scored 350 points this year allowed only 219... Just one more point than league leading sanfransico. In contrast, we've scored 381 while allowing 350. So, what does that tell us? It tells us that Seattle outscores their opponents by 9 points per game while we do so by only 2.

Yes, they've beaten up on some bad teams, but that's better than us - all of our games have been nail biters. Imagine how our defense would play AGAINST rg3 and that's pretty much how it would look playing against Wilson. Seattles offense would do to our defense what they do to everyone else. Our offense would do to Seattle defense what it has done to... Oh wait, we haven't played a defense half as good as Seattles all season. If we play Seattle, chances are we lose and ugly game. So if you want us to advance in the playoffs, hope Seattle comes in as the 6th wildcard and hope Green Bay beats them. We do much better playing the giants, bears or Vikings in the first round of the playoffs.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #54
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Playoff Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
We need to win the division now. I don't see Seattle losing that last WC spot. Maybe Chicago can implode and lose out, but Seattle may only lose their game against SF. The rest of their opponents are cupcakes.

Dallas is a mess so they don't worry me. We just need to win one more game than the Giants here out...one being the Dallas game to make sure they're dead.

I think Atlanta will beat the Giants. I really hope Baltimore can too. We can manage 2 out of 3 easily I think...but winning out is going to be tough, starting with Cleveland this week. They're beaten Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and played Dallas and the Giants really tight. They should not be overlooked.

Vick and McCoy may be back for our game too. They've been playing better without them since we've beat them too...I'd hate to see us drop that game. That would be embarrassing.

If the division is on the line against Dallas, which it likely will be, RGIII will come out like an unstoppable force. He'll play left-handed to win that game.

I'm optimistic that we can win our games. I'm worried the Giants will win their games too though. If last week against the Saints is any indication, they're starting up their late season hot streak that they're famous for after a bad middle of the season.
so much for their hot streak. They got plain out spanked, embarrassed and rolled. I think the GMen are done for this year.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #55
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Playoff Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
so much for their hot streak. They got plain out spanked, embarrassed and rolled. I think the GMen are done for this year.
They have one bad game late in the season every year. Then they get in the playoffs and spank, embarrass, and roll everyone.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #56
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Playoff Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
They have one bad game late in the season every year. Then they get in the playoffs and spank, embarrass, and roll everyone.
I dunno, getting shut out when you know the division lead is on the line, and your playoff life is also on the line doesn't bode well to me. I think they are done. They will lose against the Ravens, make Joe Flacco look like a frikkin all star, and we win the division, cause the cowboys will lose as well, while we spank the iggles.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #57
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,052
Re: Playoff Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Not really. 9-7 won't be enough for a wild card. We could conceivably win the division if the giants lose both of their next two, but that's unlikely.

Regarding everyone who is taking the Seahawks lightly, you are either uninformed or overestimate the skins.

Seatles scored 350 points this year allowed only 219... Just one more point than league leading sanfransico. In contrast, we've scored 381 while allowing 350. So, what does that tell us? It tells us that Seattle outscores their opponents by 9 points per game while we do so by only 2.

Yes, they've beaten up on some bad teams, but that's better than us - all of our games have been nail biters. Imagine how our defense would play AGAINST rg3 and that's pretty much how it would look playing against Wilson. Seattles offense would do to our defense what they do to everyone else. Our offense would do to Seattle defense what it has done to... Oh wait, we haven't played a defense half as good as Seattles all season. If we play Seattle, chances are we lose and ugly game. So if you want us to advance in the playoffs, hope Seattle comes in as the 6th wildcard and hope Green Bay beats them. We do much better playing the giants, bears or Vikings in the first round of the playoffs.
giants only have to lose 1 in order for us to win the division at 9-7 by beating dallas.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #58
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,052
Re: Playoff Predictor

and it won't matter who the giants lose to, ravens or eagles, as long as we beat dallas.

1. redskins 9-7
2. cowboys 9-7
3. giants 9-7
4. eagles 6-10

correct me if i'm wrong
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #59
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Playoff Predictor

you're right panda
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #60
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,310
BHA the Seahawks lost to the Dolphins just last month on the road. Nobody in the nfl can be taken lightly, but if we are going to play a home game in the first round just look at Seattles stats, and record on the road. They are below average on the road at best its all there in black and white. Also - if the giants lose next week all we have to do is beat Dallas. It makes our game against the eagles pointless. We are all 8-6 and were on top. Our division record would still be the best and we would all be 9-7.
Edit: all of your stats about seattle would hold true if we had to play them in Seattle. Their margin of victory is greatly inflated because of the cardinals and bills. One of which was at home. They have one quality win on the road against the bears who have been in a free fall for two months. No way i want to play the Giants over Seattle.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi

Last edited by punch it in; 12-17-2012 at 06:13 PM.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29228 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25