Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Playoff Predictor

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #61
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,184
Re: Playoff Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Not really. 9-7 won't be enough for a wild card. We could conceivably win the division if the giants lose both of their next two, but that's unlikely.

Regarding everyone who is taking the Seahawks lightly, you are either uninformed or overestimate the skins.

Seatles scored 350 points this year allowed only 219... Just one more point than league leading sanfransico. In contrast, we've scored 381 while allowing 350. So, what does that tell us? It tells us that Seattle outscores their opponents by 9 points per game while we do so by only 2.

Yes, they've beaten up on some bad teams, but that's better than us - all of our games have been nail biters. Imagine how our defense would play AGAINST rg3 and that's pretty much how it would look playing against Wilson. Seattles offense would do to our defense what they do to everyone else. Our offense would do to Seattle defense what it has done to... Oh wait, we haven't played a defense half as good as Seattles all season. If we play Seattle, chances are we lose and ugly game. So if you want us to advance in the playoffs, hope Seattle comes in as the 6th wildcard and hope Green Bay beats them. We do much better playing the giants, bears or Vikings in the first round of the playoffs.
giants only have to lose 1 in order for us to win the division at 9-7 by beating dallas.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #62
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,184
Re: Playoff Predictor

and it won't matter who the giants lose to, ravens or eagles, as long as we beat dallas.

1. redskins 9-7
2. cowboys 9-7
3. giants 9-7
4. eagles 6-10

correct me if i'm wrong
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #63
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Playoff Predictor

you're right panda
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #64
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,637
BHA the Seahawks lost to the Dolphins just last month on the road. Nobody in the nfl can be taken lightly, but if we are going to play a home game in the first round just look at Seattles stats, and record on the road. They are below average on the road at best its all there in black and white. Also - if the giants lose next week all we have to do is beat Dallas. It makes our game against the eagles pointless. We are all 8-6 and were on top. Our division record would still be the best and we would all be 9-7.
Edit: all of your stats about seattle would hold true if we had to play them in Seattle. Their margin of victory is greatly inflated because of the cardinals and bills. One of which was at home. They have one quality win on the road against the bears who have been in a free fall for two months. No way i want to play the Giants over Seattle.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.

Last edited by punch it in; 12-17-2012 at 07:13 PM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #65
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,184
Re: Playoff Predictor

*edit* scenario overload
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81

Last edited by los panda; 12-17-2012 at 07:26 PM.
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #66
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Not really. 9-7 won't be enough for a wild card. We could conceivably win the division if the giants lose both of their next two, but that's unlikely.

Regarding everyone who is taking the Seahawks lightly, you are either uninformed or overestimate the skins.

Seatles scored 350 points this year allowed only 219... Just one more point than league leading sanfransico. In contrast, we've scored 381 while allowing 350. So, what does that tell us? It tells us that Seattle outscores their opponents by 9 points per game while we do so by only 2.

Yes, they've beaten up on some bad teams, but that's better than us - all of our games have been nail biters. Imagine how our defense would play AGAINST rg3 and that's pretty much how it would look playing against Wilson. Seattles offense would do to our defense what they do to everyone else. Our offense would do to Seattle defense what it has done to... Oh wait, we haven't played a defense half as good as Seattles all season. If we play Seattle, chances are we lose and ugly game. So if you want us to advance in the playoffs, hope Seattle comes in as the 6th wildcard and hope Green Bay beats them. We do much better playing the giants, bears or Vikings in the first round of the playoffs.
that 350 points for stat just might be skewed by their last 2 games dontcha think?
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 12-17-2012 at 07:56 PM.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #67
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,184
Re: Playoff Predictor

let's just win out, yes
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #68
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Playoff Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
BHA the Seahawks lost to the Dolphins just last month on the road. Nobody in the nfl can be taken lightly, but if we are going to play a home game in the first round just look at Seattles stats, and record on the road. They are below average on the road at best its all there in black and white. Also - if the giants lose next week all we have to do is beat Dallas. It makes our game against the eagles pointless. We are all 8-6 and were on top. Our division record would still be the best and we would all be 9-7.
Edit: all of your stats about seattle would hold true if we had to play them in Seattle. Their margin of victory is greatly inflated because of the cardinals and bills. One of which was at home. They have one quality win on the road against the bears who have been in a free fall for two months. No way i want to play the Giants over Seattle.
And a little over a month ago we got spanked by the horrible panthers. We have zero "quality wins" on the road or at home against good opponents. We've had several tough hard fought wins that could have gone either way. Take off the b&g glasses. We are hot right now, but the seahawks are hotter. The Seahawks are a much better team than us. I like our chances against any of the other NFC playoff teams better than against them.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #69
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
And a little over a month ago we got spanked by the horrible panthers. We have zero "quality wins" on the road or at home against good opponents. We've had several tough hard fought wins that could have gone either way. Take off the b&g glasses. We are hot right now, but the seahawks are hotter. The Seahawks are a much better team than us. I like our chances against any of the other NFC playoff teams better than against them.
Ok thats your opinion. Mine is that they are an enigma. They are dr jekyll mr hyde. If we play them in fedex than we win. Like most teams do (5 out of 8) to be exact when they play Seattle outside Seattle. You call it b and g glasses and i call it the facts. If we do play. them in the first round you can eat some serious crow. Lol.
I would consider Minnesota, Dallas, and the Giants all quality wins btw.
Edit: when i say quality win i mean a win against a good team. No style points in the nfl. The seahawks have one quality road win. Chicago in ot. Chicago is in a free fall.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #70
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,576
Re: Playoff Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
And a little over a month ago we got spanked by the horrible panthers. We have zero "quality wins" on the road or at home against good opponents. We've had several tough hard fought wins that could have gone either way. Take off the b&g glasses. We are hot right now, but the seahawks are hotter. The Seahawks are a much better team than us. I like our chances against any of the other NFC playoff teams better than against them.
huh?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #71
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,576
Re: Playoff Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
*edit* scenario overload
I can't take all the scenarios, kinda reminds me of mock draft madness, an exercise in worthlessness. Just wait 2 weeks and we'll have all our answers.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #72
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I can't take all the scenarios, kinda reminds me of mock draft madness, an exercise in worthlessness. Just wait 2 weeks and we'll have all our answers.
I love mock drafts.
Edit: they are worthless but i still get excited looking at a seven round mock two years out. Lol
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #73
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,184
Re: Playoff Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I can't take all the scenarios, kinda reminds me of mock draft madness, an exercise in worthlessness. Just wait 2 weeks and we'll have all our answers.
yeah but who do have going at #16 in april?
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #74
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Playoff Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
huh?
Weve been tenacious and kept every game close this year - winning most close games, but we have not soundly beat a good team yet this year. We also haven't demolished any of the bad teams we played. Therefore, we don't have any of what I would call "quality wins"... Games where we dominate a good team for 4 quarters and the game is never really in doubt. I hope that changes Sunday.

We're hot now, and were moving in the right direction, but some people here are getting carried away and thinking we don't need to be worried about teams that have better records than us. Our offense will keep us in every game, but we are not a dominant team yet.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #75
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Playoff Predictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I love mock drafts.
Edit: they are worthless but i still get excited looking at a seven round mock two years out. Lol
Me too.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28358 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25