Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #136
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,427
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

I forgot that the Browns had drafted RT Mitchell Schwartz, he played on the O-line at Cal with Alex Mack and is having a pro bowl type season. That is a nice young OL that makes me very jealous, Mack, Schwartz and Thomas. Owen Marecic the FB is one tough mofo, he played FB/LB at Stanford, a dual role player. My favorite defensive player is Frostee Rucker, who doesn't love that name.

Cal OT prospect Mitchell Schwartz views himself as a ‘complete player’ - The Insider - The Washington Post

Browns are as hot as Redskins and perhaps more surprising - The Washington Post
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth

Last edited by SFREDSKIN; 12-12-2012 at 11:23 PM.
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #137
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,654
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
The real reason would probably be that both guys could have gotten the chance to end up somewhere, anywhere other then Cleveland but because the Skins got RG3 they're now stuck in.....Cleveland. To me that would be motivation enough.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #138
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I forgot that the Browns had drafted RT Mitchell Schwartz, he played on the O-line at Cal with Alex Mack and is having a pro bowl type season. That is a nice young OL that makes me very jealous, Mack, Schwartz and Thomas. Owen Marecic the FB is one tough mofo, he played FB/LB at Stanford, a dual role player. My favorite defensive player is Frostee Rucker, who doesn't love that name.

Cal OT prospect Mitchell Schwartz views himself as a ‘complete player’ - The Insider - The Washington Post

Browns are as hot as Redskins and perhaps more surprising - The Washington Post
Like the article said we're in similar places right now. Browns have beat some underwhelming teams the last few weeks. We beat the Iggles in the midst of their downward spiral and the Giants in what was supposedly their sloppiest game in 2 or 3 years, although I think Haslett's defensive scheming gets partial credit for those penalties. The wins over the Cowboys and Ravens though can't be poo-pooed.

I think we have a more talented roster overall than the Browns though. Should be a win.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:16 AM   #139
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,125
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by cultbrennan59 View Post
heres a prediction.

Rg3 plays. First play of the game josh morgan comes in motion, rg3 flicks it to him, continues to run and morgan throws a pass (again) to rg3. Rg3 gets killed on the play and is out for the year.
what?
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:20 AM   #140
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
A lot of the "experts" are picking the Browns to win this week.
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:59 AM   #141
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Heres a prediction.

RG3 plays. First play of the game Josh Morgan comes in motion, RG3 flicks it to him, continues to run and Morgan throws a pass (again) to RG3. RG3 gets killed on the play and is out for the year.
no offense... actually, yes offense. I don't know why you keep posting crap like that. it makes no sense.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #142
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,712
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

A few notes from the ESPN Stat sheets:
Accuscore has us winning this 61% to 38% (average score Skins 22.5, Browns 19.0)

The numbers:
TEAM OFFENSE (per game average)
Total Yards
WSH 386
CLE 322

Yards Passing
WSH 219
CLE 221

Yards Rushing
WSH 168
CLE 101
_____________________________

TEAM DEFENSE (per game average)
Yards Allowed
WSH 388
CLE 363

Pass Yds Allowed
WSH 289
CLE 243

Rush Yds Allowed
WSH 99
CLE 121
______________________________

Allen, Golic and Hoge pick us
Jaworski, Schefter, and Wickersham pick the Browns
______________________________

In our last 10 games,
our largest loss was by 15 to Pittsburgh
our largest win was by 25 over Philly

In their last 10 games,
their largest loss was by 14 to Indy
their largest win was by 23 over KC (remember KC held Baltimore to 9)
______________________________

In the last 10 games we have had 4 common opponents:
Baltimore, NYG, Dallas, Pit
We were 3-2 against them (2 games v NYG)
They were 1-4 against them( 2 games v Baltimore)
______________________________

The Skins are 3-3 away
The Browns are 4-3 at home
______________________________

In the last 10 games, we have played 6 playoff potential teams, 3-3
In the last 10 games, they have played 7 playoff potential teams, 2-5

We both have one overtime game in the last 10 games
We won against Baltimore (in case you forgot)
They lost against Dallas
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #143
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,689
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

I think the biggest factor in this game is not measurable by stats. It all depends if CLE wants to play on Sunday. Have they packed it in for the year? Or are they loving the spoiler role?

If they come to play it is going to be a hard fought game that the Skins could easily lose.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #144
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,712
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I think the biggest factor in this game is not measurable by stats. It all depends if CLE wants to play on Sunday. Have they packed it in for the year? Or are they loving the spoiler role?

If they come to play it is going to be a hard fought game that the Skins could easily lose.
For me the common opponent # and wins against the possible playoff contenders are important numbers, and we have better percentages in both. The fact that their one win out of 5 games was against a Pitt team that turned it over 8 times, also seems to say that some of their hot streak is less then real. We should win, and I expect that the Redskins will come to play, knowing they have a chance at playoffs and still at the division.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #145
Special Teams
 
SCRedskinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 396
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
no offense... actually, yes offense. I don't know why you keep posting crap like that. it makes no sense.
Same here.
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #146
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,499
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
For me the common opponent # and wins against the possible playoff contenders are important numbers, and we have better percentages in both. The fact that their one win out of 5 games was against a Pitt team that turned it over 8 times, also seems to say that some of their hot streak is less then real. We should win, and I expect that the Redskins will come to play, knowing they have a chance at playoffs and still at the division.
I hear this. I'm actually way more impressed by Cleveland in their losses more so than any of their wins. The Steelers win was kinda a joke. They turned it over 8 times and Pittsburgh still had the ball with 2 minutes left and a chance to win. Raiders/KC doesn't say much either.... But they've also taken the Ravens, Giants, Cowboys, Colts right to the end or given them everything they could handle, and regardless of the opponent, when you win 3 in a row you're doing something right.

If Rg3 plays, I'll be pretty confident. If Cousins plays, I'll think we're right in it, but will be preparing myself for the letdown. We'll see, but this game is going to be way tougher than I thought when the schedule came out and this was an automatic "W". I think the Browns are on the right path and will be in playoff contention within two years.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #147
Special Teams
 
SkinsGuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 114
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Heres a prediction.

RG3 plays. First play of the game Josh Morgan comes in motion, RG3 flicks it to him, continues to run and Morgan throws a pass (again) to RG3. RG3 gets killed on the play and is out for the year.
they tried that play already . . . Shanny said he would never even consider it again . . .
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #148
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,712
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
I hear this. I'm actually way more impressed by Cleveland in their losses more so than any of their wins. The Steelers win was kinda a joke. They turned it over 8 times and Pittsburgh still had the ball with 2 minutes left and a chance to win. Raiders/KC doesn't say much either.... But they've also taken the Ravens, Giants, Cowboys, Colts right to the end or given them everything they could handle, and regardless of the opponent, when you win 3 in a row you're doing something right.

If Rg3 plays, I'll be pretty confident. If Cousins plays, I'll think we're right in it, but will be preparing myself for the letdown. We'll see, but this game is going to be way tougher than I thought when the schedule came out and this was an automatic "W". I think the Browns are on the right path and will be in playoff contention within two years.
I don't think it's an automatic win, but I feel we are definitely on the right path, and with either qb will get the win. The motivational quality of either playing for your qb that's hurt, or winning without him, will go a long way. Plus Garcon seems to be tracking the right way.

Just can't afford drops by anyone...
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #149
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,499
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by walton71 View Post
I would prefer them to start Cousins with RG3 dressed as backup if needed. I believe we can make the playoffs this year, but not at the expense of RG3 reinjuring himself or having any setbacks. This season is already a win in my opinion. As a life long Skins fan, it's been a long time since I've felt we could beat anyone we were playing. This team is going to be scary next year when we get Orakpo and Carriker back and add a few pieces. I still think we can make the playoffs this year, which is bad news for every other team because no one wants to play us.
I'm 100% against this. If Rg3 is dressing, he should be starting. He's either healthy or he's not. If he's not healthy he doesn't dress.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #150
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
the browns are preparing 50/50 for griff/cousins. but when grossman takes the field, all their plans are out the window!
That would be the most hilarious thing I've ever seen.

There's always a chance Good Rex could show up.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31028 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25