Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #271
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,000
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Dude chill. Skins are 7-6 and moving towards a playoff berth, whats there to be all illy about? Reset, reflect and balance...really find the innner Goat, reflect on Jabar and then move forward. We are all one. Id past you the calumet if you would accept.
What could've been. We could've been a contender...
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-14-2012, 11:08 PM   #272
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 5,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Careful bud. The secret police, once called the SS in another time and place, don't take kindly to such free expression of opinion and ideas.
Goat man - u know i love you. Im a former member of the haters. Lol. I think alot of your good posts get bashed on just because your alittle on the radical side. But - SS and Matty n Malcolm n Crazy Canuck have got to be the most easy going and fair mods ever. You wouldnt last one post on ES. Lol. There is no power trip on the WP what so ever n you know it.
Edit : ss clearly pointed out that the guy was in the wrong, but that this thread isnt about that n futther conversation about him is just wrong - which it is.
I am white n used to have dreads by the way so im a true minority here. Lol.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #273
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 5,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
about 200 years ago, people believed raccoons had long lifespans
They can open can foods with their claws.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #274
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,000
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Goat man - u know i love you. Im a former member of the haters. Lol. I think alot of your good posts get bashed on just because your alittle on the radical side. But - SS and Matty n Malcolm n Crazy Canuck have got to be the most easy going and fair mods ever. You wouldnt last one post on ES. Lol. There is no power trip on the WP what so ever n you know it.
Edit : ss clearly pointed out that the guy was in the wrong, but that this thread isnt about that n futther conversation about him is just wrong - which it is.
I am white n used to have dreads by the way so im a true minority here. Lol.
I love white guys with dreads. *swoons*
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #275
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,950
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I love white guys with dreads. *swoons*
I don't know if you were being serious but that made laugh.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:38 AM   #276
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What is your issue?
If I don't give you hard time, who will?

I'm only half serious, but I think it was taken pretty serious, which made you respond seriously.

My half seriousness is, this is one of the saddest days I can remember, policing a (silly) thread/forum regarding some wank at ESPN seems...incongruous at best.

The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #277
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Dude chill. Skins are 7-6 and moving towards a playoff berth, whats there to be all illy about? Reset, reflect and balance...really find the innner Goat, reflect on Jabar and then move forward. We are all one. Id past you the calumet if you would accept.
Had nothing to do with football dude man. Good to hear RG is moving well though
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #278
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 5,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
If I don't give you hard time, who will?

I'm only half serious, but I think it was taken pretty serious, which made you respond seriously.

My half seriousness is, this is one of the saddest days I can remember, policing a (silly) thread/forum regarding some wank at ESPN seems...incongruous at best.

But if u read the whole thing he said a bunch of times at other posters behest that why are we talking about him here. Why are we talking about him at all? He deserves as much attention as a bloody booger goat. We all agree he is an idiot. Discussing it is fruitless. Lets talk about rg-3 n the skins. There is a difference between moderating and policing. If SS was "policing " opinions from one side of an argument in a thread about said argument than yes its bs. But he was simply "moderating" the thread. And due to the subject matter of the alien topic thank god because it deserves zero attention.
P.S. rave - my threads were real and they were so worth it. Lol.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #279
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
But if u read the whole thing he said a bunch of times at other posters behest that why are we talking about him here. Why are we talking about him at all? He deserves as much attention as a bloody booger goat. We all agree he is an idiot. Discussing it is fruitless. Lets talk about rg-3 n the skins. There is a difference between moderating and policing. If SS was "policing " opinions from one side of an argument in a thread about said argument than yes its bs. But he was simply "moderating" the thread. And due to the subject matter of the alien topic thank god because it deserves zero attention.
P.S. rave - my threads were real and they were so worth it. Lol.
I mean, that's an opinion, and maybe even the consensus opinion, but there's another side to it. Never heard of the ESPN guy before today, but the fact he's on ESPN means he's a public person who holds a pretty repulsive picture of our society, or maybe life in general. Certainly the day's events are cast in the tragic shadow of yet another shooting rampage. But aren't racial tensions etc a matter of life and death too? I mean it just happened again in Florida where some idiot (white) shot a kid (black) for allegedly playing the stereo too loud.

Personally, I read what folks say about these events with more interest than I do about anything football related. I was reading all the comments in the locked thread and then saw it was off-limits here, seemed weird. That's all. No hard feelings here.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:59 AM   #280
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 5,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I mean, that's an opinion, and maybe even the consensus opinion, but there's another side to it. Never heard of the ESPN guy before today, but the fact he's on ESPN means he's a public person who holds a pretty repulsive picture of our society, or maybe life in general. Certainly the day's events are cast in the tragic shadow of yet another shooting rampage. But aren't racial tensions etc a matter of life and death too? I mean it just happened again in Florida where some idiot (white) shot a kid (black) for allegedly playing the stereo too loud.

Personally, I read what folks say about these events with more interest than I do about anything football related. I was reading all the comments in the locked thread and then saw it was off-limits here, seemed weird. That's all. No hard feelings here.
Yeah man. We all agree the dude is racist. But smoot wasnt policing that thought. He was moderating the thread. And i think cus i dont and cant speak for him that this thread is about rg-3. The only cure i see for racism is to ignore it and hope it dies a sad and lonely death so lets treat it with utter disregard. I hear u that there are more important things than football but the other thread was locked because it was ongoing here. And again it can only be said so many times that the guy is an ass. Furthermore ss never defended the guy - i think he was just saying what im saying - let his comments die a lonely death. Rehashing it only puts it in the spotlite.
Edit: ive seen that guy a million times on first take and always liked him cus he makes skip clueless look like an ass, but boy has my opinion changed. Hes much more of an ass than Skip. Skip is ignorant in an acceptable kind of way. Sticks to his guns way past the point of being proven wrong. But this dude is apparently ignorant on a whole other level.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi

Last edited by punch it in; 12-15-2012 at 03:08 AM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #281
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

what part of rob parker's comments have anything to do at all with "Will RGIII start against cleveland on sunday" ?

that's all SS was trying to do, keep the thread on topic.

calling him a nazi (jokingly or not) is pretty stupid, even for someone with your reputation. If this place is so awful, why stick around? does it make you feel awesome to post ridiculous things and b$%h about the mods constantly, even when your clearly wrong?

maybe it's time to grow up.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #282
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,674
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I mean, that's an opinion, and maybe even the consensus opinion, but there's another side to it. Never heard of the ESPN guy before today, but the fact he's on ESPN means he's a public person who holds a pretty repulsive picture of our society, or maybe life in general. Certainly the day's events are cast in the tragic shadow of yet another shooting rampage. But aren't racial tensions etc a matter of life and death too? I mean it just happened again in Florida where some idiot (white) shot a kid (black) for allegedly playing the stereo too loud.

Personally, I read what folks say about these events with more interest than I do about anything football related. I was reading all the comments in the locked thread and then saw it was off-limits here, seemed weird. That's all. No hard feelings here.
First of all, I didn’t say let’s not discuss it anymore because-as you half seriously said-we can’t say anything negative about Shanahan OR ESPN. Negative stuff is said about ESPN all the time here. I myself have expressed on more than one occasion my concerns about First Take in particular. I even started a thread about rising competitors to ESPN and how I thought it was a good thing.

You say you read what folks say about these events with “more interest than I do anything football related’ Well guess what, this is a football message board and the Locker Room is the main forum here. So football discussion is what’s going to come first. I don’t know what locked thread you’re talking about but I assume you’re talking about Dmek’s thread, which had like two or three comments in it.

Anyhow, I locked that thread because we were already deep into the Rob Parker discussion here. It then became apparent after several posts here that the discussion was nothing more than “Parker’s an idiot” “ESPN should fire him” There was no deep discourse. And in my opinion, there wasn’t a need-particularly in this thread-to continue to bring it up.

I asked you a couple of times if you were joking and then yeah by the time you started associated me moderating the thread with being a Nazi, a lot of people took that seriously. But you should probably reconsider that thought. But I know a lot of people have put you on their ignore list because they don’t feel you offer anything of value to the site, and they’d rather not even accidentally stumble across your posts. What you may not know is how many people-not even the same that have you on their ignore list-have repeatedly asked that you be completely banned. And it has zero to do with your anti-Shanahan stance.

But Matty and the other mods (myself included) have chosen not to do that, not yet at least. This isn’t a threat, it’s more like a warning. You shouldn’t have jumped to the wrong conclusions here. You shouldn’t relate anything here to Nazi-ism. If you have serious concerns you should PM Matty and/or myself or any other mod. You should put more thought into your posts. You did a post-game (after you actually watched the game) of I think the Giants game that was fantastic, but those are way way too far and few between.

Now we’ve both publicly said what we have to say. Anything further you can PM me
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #283
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,285
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
First of all, I didn’t say let’s not discuss it anymore because-as you half seriously said-we can’t say anything negative about Shanahan OR ESPN. Negative stuff is said about ESPN all the time here. I myself have expressed on more than one occasion my concerns about First Take in particular. I even started a thread about rising competitors to ESPN and how I thought it was a good thing.

You say you read what folks say about these events with “more interest than I do anything football related’ Well guess what, this is a football message board and the Locker Room is the main forum here. So football discussion is what’s going to come first. I don’t know what locked thread you’re talking about but I assume you’re talking about Dmek’s thread, which had like two or three comments in it.

Anyhow, I locked that thread because we were already deep into the Rob Parker discussion here. It then became apparent after several posts here that the discussion was nothing more than “Parker’s an idiot” “ESPN should fire him” There was no deep discourse. And in my opinion, there wasn’t a need-particularly in this thread-to continue to bring it up.

I asked you a couple of times if you were joking and then yeah by the time you started associated me moderating the thread with being a Nazi, a lot of people took that seriously. But you should probably reconsider that thought. But I know a lot of people have put you on their ignore list because they don’t feel you offer anything of value to the site, and they’d rather not even accidentally stumble across your posts. What you may not know is how many people-not even the same that have you on their ignore list-have repeatedly asked that you be completely banned. And it has zero to do with your anti-Shanahan stance.

But Matty and the other mods (myself included) have chosen not to do that, not yet at least. This isn’t a threat, it’s more like a warning. You shouldn’t have jumped to the wrong conclusions here. You shouldn’t relate anything here to Nazi-ism. If you have serious concerns you should PM Matty and/or myself or any other mod. You should put more thought into your posts. You did a post-game (after you actually watched the game) of I think the Giants game that was fantastic, but those are way way too far and few between.

Now we’ve both publicly said what we have to say. Anything further you can PM me
Jabar Gaffney!
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #284
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,753
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Theres an ignore list?? Explain how that works where it is/etc
In your user cp

http://www.thewarpath.net/profile.php?do=ignorelist
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #285
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
re: Update: Kirk Cousins to Start vs Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
This would be true regardless if RGIII was playing or not. RGIII doesn't need the reps as much as Cousins, and it will be good to have both ready to go.
If the skins had any confidence that rg3 would play, giving cousins the overwhelming majority of first team reps would not be particularly important. Giving cousins ALL the first team reps is telling,
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.43595 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25