Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Chris Cooley

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #61
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,757
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Citation?
Chris Cooley Believes He Can Help Redskins as Soon as Sunday CBS DC
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 12-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #62
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,917
Re: Chris Cooley

So Cooley said this. Ok. In any case he doesn't seem to be able to unseat either guy he originally got cut for. That should tell us something.
FRPLG is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #63
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,757
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
So Cooley said this. Ok. In any case he doesn't seem to be able to unseat either guy he originally got cut for. That should tell us something.
If you're saying Davis or Paulsen, I would agree. Paul...I don't know. Although I guess b/c of his special teams play he (Paul) may have an edge.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #64
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,111
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Is your argument that he isn't slow and incapable of effectively getting open? If so, I'd like to know how you've decided this considering he doesn't really run routes anymore. Stop living in the past.
All TEs are not athletic like Fred Davis and Vernon Davis. TEs are not fast runners to begin with. That's how I decided this considering that Cooley doesn't run routes anymore. He doesn't run routes anymore because he's not in the game most of the time anymore. That's not saying that he can't. If his number is called, he surely could.
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #65
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: Chris Cooley

Cooley isn't the same player he was 3-4 years ago. Sorry to the Cooley kool-aid drinkers, but he's just not.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #66
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,917
Re: Chris Cooley

If the argument is that we should give Cooley a shot to see if he is better I can understand that. If the argument is some variation of "Cooley is better than this or that guy" then I think you're nuts because we haven't seen one iota of information to lead any of us to believe that.
FRPLG is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #67
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,757
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Cooley isn't the same player he was 3-4 years ago. Sorry to the Cooley kool-aid drinkers, but he's just not.
Nor is he our only receiving option like he was in the pre-Shanny years.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #68
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,917
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
He doesn't run routes anymore because he's not in the game most of the time anymore. That's not saying that he can't. If his number is called, he surely could.
Why do think this is?
FRPLG is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #69
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: Chris Cooley

Mike is clearly holding Cooley back.

__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #70
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,917
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Mike is clearly holding Cooley back.

Right
FRPLG is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #71
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,593
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRedskinsFan View Post
Had someone made him a real offer, he would have signed. Bank on it.

This loyalty thing is way over rated when compared to cash on the kitchen table.

IMHO
Quote:
Ive had offers, he said. I said to my agent, You know what I want. And you dont need to call me if its not something I want. I dont have that much interest in the interest there is in me so far. If I could go somewhere and start, Id probably do that. Thatd be fun.
Granted my memory was wrong, sort of. He said that he would consider it if a team offered him a starting position, but if it is not the case then he would not. While Redskins offered him a spot as back-up, he took it immediately. Which says something about loyalty, something that you thought it to be overrated. Although it might be overrated for almost all cases, but I think it's pretty obvious that Cooley really loves Redskins.

Cooley says he thinks it would take a significant injury for the Redskins to re-sign him
GridIron26 is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #72
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Is your argument that he isn't slow and incapable of effectively getting open? If so, I'd like to know how you've decided this considering he doesn't really run routes anymore. Stop living in the past.
You'll see Cooley open and the ball forced elsewhere. Happened (again) in the Ravens game.
The Goat is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #73
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,111
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Why do think this is?
Because Paulsen is a little younger. But he's not better. But with the exception of Tony Gonzales, no other starting TE is still starting from the time they started in 2004. Not even Jeremy Shockey.
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #74
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Because Paulsen is a little younger. But he's not better. But with the exception of Tony Gonzales, no other starting TE is still starting from the time they started in 2004. Not even Jeremy Shockey.
and that means cooley should be
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #75
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,839
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
You'll see Cooley open and the ball forced elsewhere. Happened (again) in the Ravens game.
Was this before or after you watched the game?
Defensewins is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26426 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25