Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Chris Cooley

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #91
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Paul has only been targeted four times in the past 5 games, how is that taking passes away from anyone? Please explained in a coherent way with facts. Thanks.

(Keep in mind that I don't like Paul)
Can I just read your post back hehe? He's been targeted four times. One was a gimme TD on blown coverage. That leaves three that I presume were drops or catches that didn't go for any yardage. Do you have more on this, Sherlock?
The Goat is offline  

Advertisements
Old 12-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #92
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,751
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
You didn't have (sarcasm) in there, so I assume you're serious? WTF...I'm not talking conspiracy. What are you talking about? It's not a conspiracy when the coaches decide to leave a player out of the passing game. It could be a mistake, especially when you keep going back to a different player who doesn't execute. I thought that's what we're discussing here, no?
How is targeting Niles Paul FOUR times in the last five games going to a player that doesn't execute. Please explain.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG

Last edited by Ruhskins; 12-11-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:45 PM   #93
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,914
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
he's all of a sudden not in this regime's plans even if he is still capable of contributing a great deal.
Again I'll ask. What basis do you have to think at this point he is capable of doing more than he currently is? I mean other than Goat's imaginations?
FRPLG is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #94
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,914
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
You obviously don't read your own stuff.

Boom.
Roasted
FRPLG is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #95
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
You obviously don't read your own stuff.

Boom.
Actually, I gotta say there's been little substance thrown my way here, you included. I posted Cooley's stats and referenced them. The counter has been nonsense, and some stupidity about a conspiracy that you or someone else brought up.
The Goat is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #96
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,515
Re: Chris Cooley

[quote=The Goat;974530]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Paul gets what, maybe 1-2 looks a game? Who cares.

They obviously feel more comfortable with Cooley blocking. Or maybe they've had some plays with him involved in the passing game and things just haven't gone his way for whatever reason.

Why does there always have to be some sort of conspiracy with you?[/QUOTE]

You didn't have (sarcasm) in there, so I assume you're serious? WTF...I'm not talking conspiracy. What are you talking about? It's not a conspiracy when the coaches decide to leave a player out of the passing game. It could be a mistake, especially when you keep going back to a different player who doesn't execute. I thought that's what we're discussing here, no?
You obviously think CC should be more involved, at least more than Paul. You can't seem to fathom why Paul is more involved than Cooley. It's a Mike thing with coaches/players. Sounds like conspiracy talk to me, especially with your track record around here.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #97
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,914
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
How is targeting Niles Paul FOUR times in the last five games going to a player that doesn't execute. Please explain.
It isn't but Goat doesn't like Shanny so he only sees what he wants to see. Shanny could say 2+2=4 and Goat would argue with him about it.
FRPLG is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #98
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,751
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post

You obviously think CC should be more involved, at least more than Paul. You can't seem to fathom why Paul is more involved than Cooley. It's a Mike thing with coaches/players. Sounds like conspiracy talk to me, especially with your track record around here.
I didn't know having 4 balls thrown your way in the past 5 games counted as being involved.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #99
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
You didn't have (sarcasm) in there, so I assume you're serious? WTF...I'm not talking conspiracy. What are you talking about? It's not a conspiracy when the coaches decide to leave a player out of the passing game. It could be a mistake, especially when you keep going back to a different player who doesn't execute. I thought that's what we're discussing here, no?

How is targeting Niles Paul FOUR times in the last five games going to a player that doesn't execute. Please explain.
Again, you've answered your own question.

A more important question is why did he even get those four opportunities, given the preceding games? All season it's been missed blocks (some of which put RG on the ground), dropped passes, stutter steps after the one or two catches.

I mean the real question is why Paul is on the field at all, let alone (still) getting passes thrown his way, right?
The Goat is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #100
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: Chris Cooley

i would like smoot to print this thread, and read it aloud to shanny and cooley, on camera
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #101
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,515
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Again, you've answered your own question.

A more important question is why did he even get those four opportunities, given the preceding games? All season it's been missed blocks (some of which put RG on the ground), dropped passes, stutter steps after the one or two catches.

I mean the real question is why Paul is on the field at all, let alone (still) getting passes thrown his way, right?
So what's your reason? Enlighten us.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #102
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,914
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Actually, I gotta say there's been little substance thrown my way here, you included. I posted Cooley's stats and referenced them. The counter has been nonsense, and some stupidity about a conspiracy that you or someone else brought up.
What stats? Where?
FRPLG is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #103
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,751
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Again, you've answered your own question.

A more important question is why did he even get those four opportunities, given the preceding games? All season it's been missed blocks (some of which put RG on the ground), dropped passes, stutter steps after the one or two catches.

I mean the real question is why Paul is on the field at all, let alone (still) getting passes thrown his way, right?
Your argument makes no sense given that:

A. Paul is not much involved in the offense

B. RG3 targets his WRs WAY more than his TEs

I'm sorry, but your argument that Paul is taking from Cooley makes no sense whatsoever. Even if you were unbiased about Shanny, I'd be making the same counter argument.

If you want to say that Paul shouldn't be on the field, that's one thing. But you're argument is that Paul is taking away from Cooley's time. That's just not the case and both player are irrelevant to the passing game given their target #'s.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #104
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,485
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Paul has only been targeted four times in the past 5 games, how is that taking passes away from anyone? Please explained in a coherent way with facts. Thanks.

(Keep in mind that I don't like Paul)
By putting Paul in the game as a viable scripted receiving option, Kyle is removing Cooley's ability to be a final slower checkdown for RGIII which is occuring because b/c Griffin doesn't have time to go through all his progressions which, in turn, is occurring b/c Mike Shanahan signed Garcon rather than Winston & Gaffney which would have allowed RGIII time to go through all his progressions and hit the checkdown man who normally would have been Gaffney except, since Gaffney is slow as molasses, he would have been covered forcing RGIII to throw the ball to the unscripted wide-open TE Cooley on every other play.

It's a mofo'ing plot ... Mike AND Kyle are holding Cooley back.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #105
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,839
Re: Chris Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Actually, I gotta say there's been little substance thrown my way here, you included. I posted Cooley's stats and referenced them. The counter has been nonsense, and some stupidity about a conspiracy that you or someone else brought up.
Inset laugh. If it were only 2010!

Defensewins is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28538 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25