Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Skins 38 Browns 21 post game thread

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Week 15 "Fight Your Guts Out" Award
Cousins 71 87.65%
Morris 1 1.23%
Jackson 7 8.64%
Hankerson 0 0%
Other 2 2.47%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #166
Impact Rookie
 
ethat001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 741
Re: Skins 38 Browns 21 post game thread

It's sad, London is less than 2 years older than me, but I think of him as a grandpa. The NFL is a strange beast.
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-17-2012, 12:30 AM   #167
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Skins 38 Browns 21 post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Does bold also mean dumb?
Probably, but I think Kyle leaves and takes one of our Qbs with him. It'll probably be cousins, but rg3 would do better with Kyle than mike. I want both to stay though. I'd rather keep cousins through his contract and just get a 3rd round compensatory when he leaves to start somewhere else. And I want Kyle coaching this team when mikes contract is up.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #168
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Skins 38 Browns 21 post game thread

I thought it was pointless to keep Rex on the roster after he was dropped to 3rd string, until I found out how valuable he's been to the two rookies. He's mentored them all season dealing with on and off field matters. He's an incredible teammate and RG3 especially has depended on him a lot.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #169
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,884
Re: Skins 38 Browns 21 post game thread

Dan Snyder. Won't let Kyle go anywhere, he'll get paid like a HC or as much as his old man.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:33 AM   #170
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,440
Re: Skins 38 Browns 21 post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Probably, but I think Kyle leaves and takes one of our Qbs with him. It'll probably be cousins, but rg3 would do better with Kyle than mike. I want both to stay though. I'd rather keep cousins through his contract and just get a 3rd round compensatory when he leaves to start somewhere else. And I want Kyle coaching this team when mikes contract is up.
Kyle going somewhere isn't out of the realm of possibility, but RG3 is.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:39 AM   #171
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Skins 38 Browns 21 post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I thought it was pointless to keep Rex on the roster after he was dropped to 3rd string, until I found out how valuable he's been to the two rookies. He's mentored them all season dealing with on and off field matters. He's an incredible teammate and RG3 especially has depended on him a lot.
Do you think we keep him next year? Give what you've said, I think it's worthwhile.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:41 AM   #172
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Skins 38 Browns 21 post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Dan Snyder. Won't let Kyle go anywhere, he'll get paid like a HC or as much as his old man.
I hope so, but How long will Kyle want to to be OC when he knows he'd be a better HC than a lot of guys out there?

also, I'm starting to think mike wont want to retire after his contract is up. I man, why wouldnt he want to keep coaching? hes still fairly young. That would put snyder in an awkward position - keep around an older man whos turned your franchise around? or dont resign him and go with the future?
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:41 AM   #173
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,654
Re: Skins 38 Browns 21 post game thread

Don't know if it's mentioned but..

Redskins K Kai Forbath made a 44-yard field goal and is 15 of 15, one shy of the NFL record to start a career
__________________
I need something to cheer about
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:41 AM   #174
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Skins 38 Browns 21 post game thread

I think we'll let him test the market and if nothing's out there we'd be happy to have him back. Not a priority though
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #175
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Skins 38 Browns 21 post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think we'll let him test the market and if nothing's out there we'd be happy to have him back. Not a priority though
That's good news... There wasn't a market for him this year so I don't know why there would be next.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #176
Special Teams
 
redskin29633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 152
Cool Re: Skins 38 Browns 21 post game thread

I was aggravated to hear the post-game crew reporting that the Redskins staff had revealed that Cousins was drafted in part because they thought they might be able to turn him around this season for a first round pick, especially given the weakness of this year's draft at the QB position.

Given RGIII's style of play and increased risk for injury, I think it is critical that Redskins keep a quality backup QB, namely Cousins. Hated to hear that the plan may include swapping him for a first round pick this season. I suppose that is why we ultimately root for the uniform rather than specific players because players come and go quickly in this league.

I would just love to see both QB's and Kyle stick with team for a long time. Kyle has become a master play-caller in the NFL!
redskin29633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:53 AM   #177
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,440
Re: Skins 38 Browns 21 post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin29633 View Post
I was aggravated to hear the post-game crew reporting that the Redskins staff had revealed that Cousins was drafted in part because they thought they might be able to turn him around this season for a first round pick, especially given the weakness of this year's draft at the QB position.

Given RGIII's style of play and increased risk for injury, I think it is critical that Redskins keep a quality backup QB, namely Cousins. Hated to hear that the plan may include swapping him for a first round pick this season. I suppose that is why we ultimately root for the uniform rather than specific players because players come and go quickly in this league.

I would just love to see both QB's and Kyle stick with team for a long time. Kyle has become a master play-caller in the NFL!
Not much making sense here.

He's not going anywhere this season, the trade deadline has come and gone.

I think people are getting way ahead of themselves with this Cousins trade speculation. Way ahead.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:54 AM   #178
Impact Rookie
 
Bushead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 780
Re: Skins 38 Browns 21 post game thread

I don't think he's going anywhere for another year. You don't flip a QB that fast.
Bushead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:05 AM   #179
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Skins 38 Browns 21 post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin29633 View Post
I was aggravated to hear the post-game crew reporting that the Redskins staff had revealed that Cousins was drafted in part because they thought they might be able to turn him around this season for a first round pick, especially given the weakness of this year's draft at the QB position.

Given RGIII's style of play and increased risk for injury, I think it is critical that Redskins keep a quality backup QB, namely Cousins. Hated to hear that the plan may include swapping him for a first round pick this season. I suppose that is why we ultimately root for the uniform rather than specific players because players come and go quickly in this league.

I would just love to see both QB's and Kyle stick with team for a long time. Kyle has become a master play-caller in the NFL!
That was idle speculation, nothing more.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:07 AM   #180
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,440
Re: Skins 38 Browns 21 post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushead View Post
I don't think he's going anywhere for another year. You don't flip a QB that fast.
And certainly not for a 1st.

Cousins will be back for another year at least.

But if someone is crazy enough to give up a 1st... We'd be nuts not to take that and run.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.43741 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25