Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Russel Wilson or Bob

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #196
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,597
Re: Russel Wilson or Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
2 first rounders. They just swapped positions the first year.
We spent 3 first rounders and a second rounder to get Bob. Now that we know RG3 is actually that good when healthy, it remains to be seen if the trade was good to us.

Last edited by HailGreen28; 09-29-2013 at 09:14 AM.
HailGreen28 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #197
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 667
Re: Russel Wilson or Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
As stated earlier Wiilson is the top rated qb since week 9 last yr.
His total qbr last yr was 71.7 ,Rg3's was 73.2,not a very big difference is it?
This yr qbr for Wilson is 61.9,Rg3's is 26.6 ,HUGE DIFFERENCE

If he's not better than Rg3 he's damn close to being AS good as him

Im not really down on RG3,I think he's great.Unlike a lot of people on here I had realistic expectations of his play this yr coming off of knee surgery.
But as much as I like RG3 I'd rather have Wilson and get those 3 number 1 picks back.

Lets say RG3 was healthy and didnt hurt his knee last yr and was playing like he did last yr but the skins want to deal him.You control the team that has Russell Wilson.Would you trade Wilson to the Skins for Rg3 and throw in 3 #1 picks on top of that? Do you think any team would?

A lot of people in this thread keep forgetting about the picks! This isnt about whether RG3's better than Wilson,its about whether RG3 is better than 3 #1 picks and Wilson
I have said this before and will say it again. Put RG3 on the Seahawks last year and they win the SB. Put Wilson on the skins, and they are lucky to win 6 games. The Seahawks havent had close to 19 mil less cap space each of the last two years and could sign just about anyone they wanted to.

The cap hit is done this year. If we can sign a good RT and some secondary help, then lets see how good this team can be. I dont think people understand what you can do with 38 mil in cap space for two years. Lets see how good RG3 can be when he doesnt have to carry half the team unlike Wilson who doesnt have to carry anything. Doesnt have to worry about scoring a ton of points with that defense. Can make a mistake and not have to care because the defense will help him out.

Of course you do realize that you are comparing a guy coming off of major knee surgery to a guy who isnt, dont you? A guy who didnt do much of anything in the offseason except rehab his knee over someone who had a full offseason to work with his team. At least make equal comparisons. Look at the playoff game when RG3 was only playing on a half gimpy knee and not a full gimpy knee. Wilson wasnt doing much against our defense and RG3 shredded their defense the first two drives. When both are healthy, RG3 is a better QB.

Look at the bright side, at least we dont have Gabbert, who a lot wanted the year prior. That was huge to not waste a pick that a lot were screaming for. If we draft him, we dont have RG3 or Wilson and are still stuck at the most important position in sports. If we had drafted Gabbert, the firing Shanahan talks would be a lot more justified.
Skinzman is offline  
Old 09-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #198
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,907
Re: Russel Wilson or Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
We spent 3 first rounders and a second rounder to get Bob. Now that we now RG3 is actually that good when healthy, it remains to be seen if the trade was good to us.
We gave away 2 first rounders and swapped with them on the other first rounder.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 09-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #199
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,597
Re: Russel Wilson or Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
We gave away 2 first rounders and swapped with them on the other first rounder.
We still traded that third "swapped" pick with the Rams, along with the others, to get the pick we drafted RG3 with. We still used 3 1sts and a 2nd on RG3.

Put another way, we could have drafted 3 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder thru 2014, instead of drafting RG3.

I like RG3, the trade could work out for us. But please don't sugarcoat it or make it look like we can't do 3rd grade math.
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 09-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #200
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,907
Re: Russel Wilson or Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
We still traded that third "swapped" pick with the Rams, along with the others, to get the pick we drafted RG3 with. We still used 3 1sts and a 2nd on RG3.

Put another way, we could have drafted 3 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder thru 2014, instead of drafting RG3.

I like RG3, the trade could work out for us. But please don't sugarcoat it or make it look like we can't do 3rd grade math.
I don't remember calling it third grade math at all but at the end of the day it costs us two first rounders to move up to get him along with a second rounder.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 09-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #201
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,597
Re: Russel Wilson or Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I don't remember calling it third grade math at all but at the end of the day it costs us two first rounders to move up to get him along with a second rounder.
We traded our 2012 1st rd pick, our 2012 2nd rd pick, our 2013 1st rd pick, and our 2014 1st rd pick to the Rams. Four picks.

About the Rams 2012 pick we got in exchange, we spent it drafting RG3.

Our cost in this trade was four picks, 3 1sts and a 2nd. We could have drafted four players with those picks, instead of getting RG3.
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 09-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #202
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: Russel Wilson or Bob

we used a pick on RGIII, taking a player costs a pick. if you trade 4 picks for 1 pick, that means you gave away 3 extra picks in the trade.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 09-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #203
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,251
Russel Wilson or Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I don't remember calling it third grade math at all but at the end of the day it costs us two first rounders to move up to get him along with a second rounder.
You are correct. The swap is a wash. We traded two firsts and a second
Edit: swapping picks is not giving a pick away. We got a higher pick for the one we gave the rams in the first round for Griff.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline  
Old 09-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #204
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,907
Re: Russel Wilson or Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
We traded our 2012 1st rd pick, our 2012 2nd rd pick, our 2013 1st rd pick, and our 2014 1st rd pick to the Rams. Four picks.

About the Rams 2012 pick we got in exchange, we spent it drafting RG3.

Our cost in this trade was four picks, 3 1sts and a 2nd. We could have drafted four players with those picks, instead of getting RG3.
To be honest, I really dont care. It just gets annoying when people say we gve up 3 first rounders.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 09-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #205
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
To be honest, I really dont care. It just gets annoying when people say we gve up 3 first rounders.
Annoyed me since day one. Griff is a first round pick - no matter what he has bought or brings to the table he is a first round pick. Im with you 100 %.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline  
Old 09-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #206
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,446
Re: Russel Wilson or Bob

Not the "how many picks?" argument again!

Both sides are correct:
we gave up three first rounders GROSS
we gave up two first rounders NET

Can we please move on?
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 09-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #207
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,597
Re: Russel Wilson or Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Not the "how many picks?" argument again!

Both sides are correct:
we gave up three first rounders GROSS
we gave up two first rounders NET

Can we please move on?
Smh at people forgetting the second rounder which is kinda important, and down playing what we paid to get RG3.

the choice in this thread is this: RG3 or 4 other players.

If we pick Russell Wilson in the first round we also have a second round pick added to our roster then and another first round pick player this year and we look forward to getting our first-round pick the next draft that we don't have now. with the benefit of hindsight we have Russell Wilson and a first round pick from 2012 draft and another first round pick on our roster now ( and to be fair a slide into the second round wasn't unexpected for Wilson at the time) and again we look forward to our next draft having a first round pick.

Thats the choice. RG3 or RW and 3 other 1st round players or RW and 2 1sts and a 2nd.

Last edited by HailGreen28; 09-29-2013 at 02:06 PM.
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 09-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #208
Special Teams
 
kct1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Not the "how many picks?" argument again!

Both sides are correct:
we gave up three first rounders GROSS
we gave up two first rounders NET

Can we please move on?
I agree!
__________________
KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"
kct1975 is offline  
Old 09-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #209
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,393
Re: Russel Wilson or Bob

Nobody was picking RW in the 1st round. If Shanallen did that, they would have been crucified, and Wilson would not get the chance by the fans. Heck, he might not beat out Cousins, with the way Redskins qb history goes. (assuming we still pick Cousins, but maybe we don't because unlike Griffin who was the unquestioned starter so Shanahan could get a second qb he liked, he may have felt it would be too much pressure.)

What if's are ok for ROI futures, but as hindsight tool, they almost always are worthless. You can't pick one moment out of the past and assume changing it leaves all the other variables equal.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 09-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #210
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,446
Re: Russel Wilson or Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Smh at people forgetting the second rounder which is kinda important, and down playing what we paid to get RG3.

the choice in this thread is this: RG3 or 4 other players.

If we pick Russell Wilson in the first round we also have a second round pick added to our roster then and another first round pick player this year and we look forward to getting our first-round pick the next draft that we don't have now. with the benefit of hindsight we have Russell Wilson and a first round pick from 2012 draft and another first round pick on our roster now ( and to be fair a slide into the second round wasn't unexpected for Wilson at the time) and again we look forward to our next draft having a first round pick.

Thats the choice. RG3 or RW and 3 other 1st round players or RW and 2 1sts and a 2nd.
You missed the point. I have not forgotten the second rounder. But the fallacious arguments have been phrased in terms of first rounders only.

Again I say, can we please move on?
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29666 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25