Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?
Yes 91 95.79%
No 4 4.21%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #256
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 5,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I don't understand some people's logic. Why would Kyle Shanahan want a head coaching job handed to him? If there's other head coaching jobs available when the times comes, then wouldn't Kyle Shanahan want to explore those opportunities? Why would he want his father's job just handed to him?

For all we know, Jim Haslett might get the Redskins head coaching job once Mike Shanahan leaves Washington.
Because Kyle has been an intricate part of this and everyone knows it. On top of that what available hc job is there that would be worth someone of his young age jumping on that is going to be anywhere near as promising as what the future holds in Washington. Only fools rush in.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #257
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 5,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I cant believe we are playing for the East title prime time, last regular game of the season against our biggest rival. hats off to the NFL schedulers, good job.

How did this happen? Im still in a daze...is this really happening with a Rookie QB? WTF??????????????
Wearing my jersey on xmas eve. What a present this sun nite game will be. It is the only thing keeping me sane in the football world after my heartbreaking loss in my money league. **** u danny amendola i hope you get coal in your stocking you ****.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #258
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Wearing my jersey on xmas eve. What a present this sun nite game will be. It is the only thing keeping me sane in the football world after my heartbreaking loss in my money league. **** u danny amendola i hope you get coal in your stocking you ****.
I'm about to owe u a Jersey lmao. Crazy season man!! I'm wearing all my skins gear as well always do here. The other day one dallass fan at the mall told me he's tired of hearing about RG3. I said well Dont turn on ESPN for the next 10 years lol
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #259
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,795
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I mentioned Haslett because he's been a head coach before. If Kyle Shanahan moves on and Mike steps down, Bruce Allen would indeed promote Haslett to HC.....people forget that Jim Haslett was the NFL coach of the year in 2000.
Little known story that most people don't know. Before Snyder's first season as owner he tried to hire Jim Haslett to be his HC. Cowher blocked the move though

That said, Haslett is not going to be promoted to HC here
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #260
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

The Eagles scared me yesterday more then any of the teams that are going to make the playoffs. Nothing worse then playing a team that does have some talent, at home, with their coach coaching their last home game with nothing to loose.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #261
Playmaker
 
redskins5044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Schertz, Tx
Age: 35
Posts: 3,136
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'm about to owe u a Jersey lmao. Crazy season man!! I'm wearing all my skins gear as well always do here. The other day one dallass fan at the mall told me he's tired of hearing about RG3. I said well Dont turn on ESPN for the next 10 years lol
RG3 does get a lot press, but the Cowboys are still loved and get a lot press time too. Listening to Jaws on ESPN this morning, he is all over the Cowboys jock. Predicting the Cowboys will win the Division next week, it doesn't bother me though I like to hear those things it pumps me up even more.

BTW i rock my Skins gear on the time to down here in San Antonio, and listen to the Cowboys fan trash talk all the time. I will take that any day over listening to the Cowboy fans in DC area who have never been to Texas, I cant stand them.
redskins5044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #262
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins5044 View Post
RG3 does get a lot press, but the Cowboys are still loved and get a lot press time too. Listening to Jaws on ESPN this morning, he is all over the Cowboys jock. Predicting the Cowboys will win the Division next week, it doesn't bother me though I like to hear those things it pumps me up even more.

BTW i rock my Skins gear on the time to down here in San Antonio, and listen to the Cowboys fan trash talk all the time. I will take that any day over listening to the Cowboy fans in DC area who have never been to Texas, I cant stand them.
Jaws doesn't like the redskins, I mean if u got owned by a team your whole career u wouldn't like them either
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #263
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,986
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
For all we know, Jim Haslett might get the Redskins head coaching job once Mike Shanahan leaves Washington.

Haslett will not even be here next year. We'll have a new DC come 2013 season.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #264
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Haslett will not even be here next year. We'll have a new DC come 2013 season.
Depends on our playoff push and if the d plays good
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #265
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,801
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I cant believe we are playing for the East title prime time, last regular game of the season against our biggest rival. hats off to the NFL schedulers, good job.

How did this happen? Im still in a daze...is this really happening with a Rookie QB? WTF??????????????
Adding to playoffs - no
International team - no

All divisional games the last week of season -- Priceless.

That and allowing any game to be flexed the final week are two excellent moves by the NFL.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #266
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,801
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The Eagles scared me yesterday more then any of the teams that are going to make the playoffs. Nothing worse then playing a team that does have some talent, at home, with their coach coaching their last home game with nothing to lose.
agreed, and going for it twice on 4th down in the opening drive drove home the fact that Reid wanted that game something fierce.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #267
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,365
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

When you've got nothing to lose you'd be pretty dumb to not go for it on 4th and short.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #268
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 5,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'm about to owe u a Jersey lmao. Crazy season man!! I'm wearing all my skins gear as well always do here. The other day one dallass fan at the mall told me he's tired of hearing about RG3. I said well Dont turn on ESPN for the next 10 years lol
Yea in spirit the jersey is mine but as i told ya i got a Griff jersey for my bday so bets off. Skins get in n that will be good enough! Wearin my 21 today. 10 got mucked up yesterday n is being laundered. Lol. Httr.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #269
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,143
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
No, he wouldn't.

Morris would be in line for the job over Haslett, easily.
This is where I differ...Haslett is the defensive coordinator.....Morris is the secondary coach. Haslett has played the game, been a d. coordinator many times and has been a head coach who has led his Saints team to the playoffs. Morris on the other hand has been a HC also but he's only had one winning season as a HC. Under Morris, the Buccaneers finished 30th in pass defense in 2011. A few people that I've talked to that knows a little about defensive football says Morris employs a pass defense scheme called 'trail technique and this 'trail technique' has been the main reason why the Redskins have been scorched so badly until the bye week. They still use it but not as much before the bye. Basically what I'm saying is Morris is the one that has made Haslett look bad.....Haslett, as he proved in 2011 and after the bye week here in 2012, is a solid DC. If he doesn't get a promotion once Mike Shanahan leaves then he should be at least considered.

If Morris ever becomes the Redskins HC it will be because Bruce Allen and Morris were boys in Tampa.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #270
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,365
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
This is where I differ...Haslett is the defensive coordinator.....Morris is the secondary coach. Haslett has played the game, been a d. coordinator many times and has been a head coach who has led his Saints team to the playoffs. Morris on the other hand has been a HC also but he's only had one winning season as a HC. Under Morris, the Buccaneers finished 30th in pass defense in 2011. A few people that I've talked to that knows a little about defensive football says Morris employs a pass defense scheme called 'trail technique and this 'trail technique' has been the main reason why the Redskins have been scorched so badly until the bye week. They still use it but not as much before the bye. Basically what I'm saying is Morris is the one that has made Haslett look bad.....Haslett, as he proved in 2011 and after the bye week here in 2012, is a solid DC. If he doesn't get a promotion once Mike Shanahan leaves then he should be at least considered.

If Morris ever becomes the Redskins HC it will be because Bruce Allen and Morris were boys in Tampa.
Take it for what it's worth, the inside word says Morris is very well liked in the organization.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29988 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25