Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?
Yes 91 95.79%
No 4 4.21%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #121
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,111
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

It was just a matter of time. You could see signs of it working last year even though the Redskins struggled scoring points. We lost a lot of close games last year as well as this year. But the team has come together. Finally. The Redskins are playing like a playoff team. We still need to add some more pieces in the offseason. But Mike Shanahan could become the first NFL head coach to win Super Bowls head coaching two different NFL teams. Bill Parcells has come the closest in that regard.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #122
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
If I told you guys that talks are in advanced stages to keep Mike and Kyle around through 2015 (which is also the length of RG3's rookie deal)...would that affect your answer
Doesn't mikes 5 year deal already take him through the 2014-2015 season? So were offering him a 1 year extension?
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #123
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,217
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

Just wanted to point out that I said be patient and give him his 5 years like he said it would take. One day, this board will take everything I say seriously Since im barely ever wrong.

HTTR
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #124
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

Maybe. Or maybe I'm saying what if all three were here through 2015? One or two may be locked in longer
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #125
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Just wanted to point out that I said be patient and give him his 5 years like he said it would take. One day, this board will take everything I say seriously Since im barely ever wrong.

HTTR
He is starting to deliver after 2.875. Technically he still has two seasons left after this one.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #126
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,213
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
has the franchise turned the corner? And the answer to that is emphatically, yes.
I just read 6 pages of comments....I believe this is the biggest point.
You don't win 5 in a row with your back against the wall unless your team believes in the coach and themselves....this happened back under Gibbs when Sean Taylor died to reach the playoffs with a very average team.

The Redskins have turned the corner and are unlikely to become a laughing stock under current management....and that is a huge sigh of relief....

On another note, to me the Skins already won the Superbowl on Thanksgiving against the Cowboys....everything else is gravy....keep the guys healthy for a more serious run once we get a secondary and a pass rush....and teach RG3 to learn to throw a ball away in the pocket for heaven's sake during the offseason!
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #127
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,989
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
I just read 6 pages of comments....I believe this is the biggest point.
You don't win 5 in a row with your back against the wall unless your team believes in the coach and themselves....this happened back under Gibbs when Sean Taylor died to reach the playoffs with a very average team.

The Redskins have turned the corner and are unlikely to become a laughing stock under current management....and that is a huge sigh of relief....

On another note, to me the Skins already won the Superbowl on Thanksgiving against the Cowboys....everything else is gravy....keep the guys healthy for a more serious run once we get a secondary and a pass rush....and teach RG3 to learn to throw a ball away in the pocket for heaven's sake during the offseason!
Sound....wisdom
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #128
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,663
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

SS ..... We are trying to extend the guys?

Love the move, one of my biggest fears is losing Kyle. I believe that Kyle and RG III are going to do great things and are just scratching the surface of what they can design for our guys.

Always been a big supporter of the MS plan, knew it would take time and backed the initial moves he made to try and go for the quick turn around. We all know they sucked now. Check my posts. I have to say though I was beginning to wonder in week 9.

The things I saw that were obviously wrong with the team early they have fixed.
Winning being the biggest. Has a huge effect on the way the guys are playing. They are balling right now. Offense, Defense, and Special Teams. We have some holes but we can fix them.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #129
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,213
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

Shanaplan is working fine, Nice to have a decent GM...hit homeruns this year on rookies which is extraordinarily rare to have the top rookie in arguably 3 spots, QB, RB, kicker....and who thought we'd have a great kicker even in wk 2?...crazy lucky.

The real question is this...if this potentially good team wants to become a SB contender, their greatest weakness must improve...which is DEFENSE....so how much of this is talent and how much of this is a Defensive Coach who consistently puts together 20th ranked defenses. Without this outrageous coming out party of RG3, Haslett should have been a goner...to be sure, defense has played better the last few games....but I think that is unquestionably iffy at best and any team could unload a can of whoop** on our defense...it is a joke having a team ranked above 20th in any category that is trying to win a SB...I know, I know it can be done....for a year....but not if you want to build a powerhouse....

Also...the best time to attract a premium Defensive Coordinator is on the rise...The timing is right, I would SERIOUSLY consider whether changing our Defensive Coach could take a playoff contender to a SB contender within 2-3 yrs.
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #130
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,754
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
Shanaplan is working fine, Nice to have a decent GM...hit homeruns this year on rookies which is extraordinarily rare to have the top rookie in arguably 3 spots, QB, RB, kicker....and who thought we'd have a great kicker even in wk 2?...crazy lucky.

The real question is this...if this potentially good team wants to become a SB contender, their greatest weakness must improve...which is DEFENSE....so how much of this is talent and how much of this is a Defensive Coach who consistently puts together 20th ranked defenses. Without this outrageous coming out party of RG3, Haslett should have been a goner...to be sure, defense has played better the last few games....but I think that is unquestionably iffy at best and any team could unload a can of whoop** on our defense...it is a joke having a team ranked above 20th in any category that is trying to win a SB...I know, I know it can be done....for a year....but not if you want to build a powerhouse....

Also...the best time to attract a premium Defensive Coordinator is on the rise...The timing is right, I would SERIOUSLY consider whether changing our Defensive Coach could take a playoff contender to a SB contender within 2-3 yrs.
I wonder how Haslett would do with better talent in the secondary and having a healthy Orakpo and Carriker back on the roster.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #131
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,827
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Maybe. Or maybe I'm saying what if all three were here through 2015? One or two may be locked in longer
I truely hope Kyle is in the succession plan as future skins head coach
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #132
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,573
http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap10000001135...-malleability/
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #133
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Maybe. Or maybe I'm saying what if all three were here through 2015? One or two may be locked in longer
Any of them would be foolish to walk away anytime before this team gets its full compliment of draftpicks and capspace back. Do you smell what the Rock is cookin!?!
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #134
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,420
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?


Kyle a innovator? Pfft....dude is just holding this offense back.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #135
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,989
Re: Are you buying into the Shanaplan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Kyle a innovator? Pfft....dude is just holding this offense back.
..........word
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29490 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25