Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Jordan Black suspended for PEDs

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #136
Camp Scrub
 
Brikks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24
Re: Jordan Black suspended for PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
In fact, steroids weakens the ligaments.


I've dealt with this crap too much not to know about it and not to realize that a lot of guys are on it. I am to roids, what you are to sports entertainment TV. Take that to the bank.
False.

If SmootSmack is to sports entertainment TV, what you are to roids, then he needs to look for a new profession.
Brikks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #137
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,430
Re: Jordan Black suspended for PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brikks View Post
False.

If SmootSmack is to sports entertainment TV, what you are to roids, then he needs to look for a new profession.
Reread what I said and I notice you left off the following sentence clarifying that to suit your purpose.


The muscles outgrow the ligaments. No, it doesn't directly weaken the ligament, but you are taking my point and playing semantics.


Also, Corticosteroids will weaken ligament and tendon strength so what I said was technically accurate.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 12-19-2012 at 11:25 AM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #138
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Stop making excuses for our OLine!

:cheeky-sm
Nice. I guess that was a pretty versatile statement.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #139
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You know what? Let's not let Goat usurp this thread. Until he returns to respond, let's just move on to the original topic at hand
Back to black - i hit the sack a- ive been too long im glad to be back.....
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #140
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Not to take this thread off course, but am I the only one who has at least thought AP might have juiced given his rapid recovery and phenomenal performance this season?
I said it too. I said hgh. But I dont know crap about steroids even though im ****ing huge and stacked like a pancake. I havent harped on it but man the comeback is miraculous.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi

Last edited by punch it in; 12-19-2012 at 11:35 AM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #141
Camp Scrub
 
Brikks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24
Re: Jordan Black suspended for PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Reread what I said and I notice you left off the following sentence clarifying that to suit your purpose.


The muscles outgrow the ligaments. No, it doesn't directly weaken the ligament, but you are taking my point and playing semantics.


Also, Corticosteroids will weaken ligament and tendon strength so what I said was technically accurate.
I know what you meant and I don't mean to play the semantics game, but I couldn't help myself by pointing it out. If you feel as strongly as you hinted at about the subject, you are well aware of the massive amount of misinformation floating around in regards to anabolic steroids.

An ignorant person would indeed take that one sentence and start spreading it as fact.

Regardless, no need to further break down each others posts looking for inconsistencies by either party.

HTTR
Brikks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #142
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Jordan Black suspended for PEDs

To replace Black on the roster (at the moment), we've picked up some LB depth in
Vic So'oto.


Vic So'oto - Washington Redskins - 2012 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com



__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #143
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,430
Re: Jordan Black suspended for PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brikks View Post
I know what you meant and I don't mean to play the semantics game, but I couldn't help myself by pointing it out. If you feel as strongly as you hinted at about the subject, you are well aware of the massive amount of misinformation floating around in regards to anabolic steroids.

An ignorant person would indeed take that one sentence and start spreading it as fact.


Touché!


In lieu of this very fact, I think I'll edit it just to prevent that very thing.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #144
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,615
Re: Jordan Black suspended for PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
To replace Black on the roster (at the moment), we've picked up some LB depth in
Vic So'oto.


Vic So'oto - Washington Redskins - 2012 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com



Missed it in the new "Will RG3 play this week" thread?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #145
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Jordan Black suspended for PEDs

Regarding Black, it should be noted that, while he doesnt start on offense, he does start on kick blocking plays.... remember last year how many field goals and punts were blocked when we lost our some of our primary kickblockers due to injuries and suspensions? This could be bad news for Forbath's streak.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #146
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Jordan Black suspended for PEDs

Supposedly, our scouts and personnel guys under BA/MS are quite good, right? SS has said this repeatedly. And BA is a smart guy, I'd expect him to rely on their expertise regarding personnel and probably promote someone within, but absolutely I want BA at the top of the pyramid. Here again, he's said to have done wonders for the culture around Redskins Park. Does he bring in another personnel guy? Sure, whatever.

The larger point is to seperate coaching from personnel. Mike will never go for that, and I do not believe he can build a contender wearing the personnel hat, period. So you say Mike goes to personnel full time, and Kyle becomes HC. I asked the question in another thread and nobody tried to answer it, because the answer would be a fake: is Kyle a leader of men or just another offensive guru? And what if he struggles as HC? Does daddy fire him? It's a really, really stupid position to put yourself in as a franchise. In fact, I think it's unheard of, and for good reason.

I think it's funny there's a whole thread about a "Shanaplan" but there isn't a single person who can say what that plan has been, is today, or will be down the road. Just a lot of conjecture. But again, we know certain things. We know Mike thinks he knows best about personnel and will always want to be that guy. We know he "misses" a lot defensively. We know his last stop, Denver, isn't missing him in the least right now.

The arguments made against Reid were really shallow. His big screw up, not even mentioned btw, was betting on the wrong horse (Vick) who can't stay healthy and had a lower ceiling than many expected. And you can't ignore the injuries across his roster, most especially to Jason Peters and the whole oline. But more than anything, he's experienced the worst possible tragedy. It would be unreal, almost disturbing if he weren't showing signs of weariness and lack of focus this season. I don't know how some of you blow this off...hopefully it's just the kool-aid talking and not serious thought.

But yeah, I'd take a legit FO structure coupled with Reid or a handful of other HCs over the mysterious Shanaplan. We're facing two years of limited resources with an HC/GM that hasn't been able to develop a single defensive player selected outside the first two rounds, and we've seen myriad FA screw ups. It's not just McNabb. There's Brown. There's Doughty and Williams starting at safety because we bet on a dope head and a guy who hasn't been healthy in years. There's an oline that struggled mightily to pass protect when basically at full health, and now we'll see where that goes. A lot of this goes back to opportunity cost. How much better could the defense be, and even the offense, if we hadn't blown up the entire defense that still today isn't as good as the one Mike inherited?

I think what we saw is a lot of one step forward, two steps back during Mike's first two years, though this season looks like two steps forward, one step back. We got RG and the offense clicking, but the secondary fell into the toilet and the defense was a huge liability up until recently.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #147
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,615
Re: Jordan Black suspended for PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Supposedly, our scouts and personnel guys under BA/MS are quite good, right? SS has said this repeatedly. And BA is a smart guy, I'd expect him to rely on their expertise regarding personnel and probably promote someone within, but absolutely I want BA at the top of the pyramid. Here again, he's said to have done wonders for the culture around Redskins Park. Does he bring in another personnel guy? Sure, whatever.

The larger point is to seperate coaching from personnel. Mike will never go for that, and I do not believe he can build a contender wearing the personnel hat, period. So you say Mike goes to personnel full time, and Kyle becomes HC. I asked the question in another thread and nobody tried to answer it, because the answer would be a fake: is Kyle a leader of men or just another offensive guru? And what if he struggles as HC? Does daddy fire him? It's a really, really stupid position to put yourself in as a franchise. In fact, I think it's unheard of, and for good reason.

I think it's funny there's a whole thread about a "Shanaplan" but there isn't a single person who can say what that plan has been, is today, or will be down the road. Just a lot of conjecture. But again, we know certain things. We know Mike thinks he knows best about personnel and will always want to be that guy. We know he "misses" a lot defensively. We know his last stop, Denver, isn't missing him in the least right now.

The arguments made against Reid were really shallow. His big screw up, not even mentioned btw, was betting on the wrong horse (Vick) who can't stay healthy and had a lower ceiling than many expected. And you can't ignore the injuries across his roster, most especially to Jason Peters and the whole oline. But more than anything, he's experienced the worst possible tragedy. It would be unreal, almost disturbing if he weren't showing signs of weariness and lack of focus this season. I don't know how some of you blow this off...hopefully it's just the kool-aid talking and not serious thought.

But yeah, I'd take a legit FO structure coupled with Reid or a handful of other HCs over the mysterious Shanaplan. We're facing two years of limited resources with an HC/GM that hasn't been able to develop a single defensive player selected outside the first two rounds, and we've seen myriad FA screw ups. It's not just McNabb. There's Brown. There's Doughty and Williams starting at safety because we bet on a dope head and a guy who hasn't been healthy in years. There's an oline that struggled mightily to pass protect when basically at full health, and now we'll see where that goes. A lot of this goes back to opportunity cost. How much better could the defense be, and even the offense, if we hadn't blown up the entire defense that still today isn't as good as the one Mike inherited?

I think what we saw is a lot of one step forward, two steps back during Mike's first two years, though this season looks like two steps forward, one step back. We got RG and the offense clicking, but the secondary fell into the toilet and the defense was a huge liability up until recently.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #148
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Jordan Black suspended for PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Supposedly, our scouts and personnel guys under BA/MS are quite good, right? SS has said this repeatedly. And BA is a smart guy, I'd expect him to rely on their expertise regarding personnel and probably promote someone within, but absolutely I want BA at the top of the pyramid. Here again, he's said to have done wonders for the culture around Redskins Park. Does he bring in another personnel guy? Sure, whatever.

The larger point is to seperate coaching from personnel. Mike will never go for that, and I do not believe he can build a contender wearing the personnel hat, period. So you say Mike goes to personnel full time, and Kyle becomes HC. I asked the question in another thread and nobody tried to answer it, because the answer would be a fake: is Kyle a leader of men or just another offensive guru? And what if he struggles as HC? Does daddy fire him? It's a really, really stupid position to put yourself in as a franchise. In fact, I think it's unheard of, and for good reason.

I think it's funny there's a whole thread about a "Shanaplan" but there isn't a single person who can say what that plan has been, is today, or will be down the road. Just a lot of conjecture. But again, we know certain things. We know Mike thinks he knows best about personnel and will always want to be that guy. We know he "misses" a lot defensively. We know his last stop, Denver, isn't missing him in the least right now.

The arguments made against Reid were really shallow. His big screw up, not even mentioned btw, was betting on the wrong horse (Vick) who can't stay healthy and had a lower ceiling than many expected. And you can't ignore the injuries across his roster, most especially to Jason Peters and the whole oline. But more than anything, he's experienced the worst possible tragedy. It would be unreal, almost disturbing if he weren't showing signs of weariness and lack of focus this season. I don't know how some of you blow this off...hopefully it's just the kool-aid talking and not serious thought.

But yeah, I'd take a legit FO structure coupled with Reid or a handful of other HCs over the mysterious Shanaplan. We're facing two years of limited resources with an HC/GM that hasn't been able to develop a single defensive player selected outside the first two rounds, and we've seen myriad FA screw ups. It's not just McNabb. There's Brown. There's Doughty and Williams starting at safety because we bet on a dope head and a guy who hasn't been healthy in years. There's an oline that struggled mightily to pass protect when basically at full health, and now we'll see where that goes. A lot of this goes back to opportunity cost. How much better could the defense be, and even the offense, if we hadn't blown up the entire defense that still today isn't as good as the one Mike inherited?

I think what we saw is a lot of one step forward, two steps back during Mike's first two years, though this season looks like two steps forward, one step back. We got RG and the offense clicking, but the secondary fell into the toilet and the defense was a huge liability up until recently.
What does any of this have to do with Jordan Black?
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #149
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,121
Re: Jordan Black suspended for PEDs

Goat, you know Shanny is getting strong consideration for coach of the year and RG3 MVP? And the Skins are vying for home playoff game?

You know when Zorn left the franchise was at the absolute bottom that most fans had never experienced?

I kinda dont get it
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

— DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014

Last edited by Chico23231; 12-19-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #150
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Jordan Black suspended for PEDs

The problem I have with Goat's argument that Shanny doesn't have a plan is, by his standard, most teams in the NFL don't have a plan either. They're either winging it or hoping and praying something good happens.

The Redskins are in first place in the NFC East for the first time in a very long time. To suggest it was luck or chance, because that's what Goat's suggesting, is ludicrous on so many levels it really doesn't warrant a serious response. Yet here we are.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34482 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25