Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


RG3 cleared to play (update)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #211
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,133
Re: RG3 cleared to play (update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
I think the big deal is that shanahan said Andrew cleared RG3 to return which apparently wasn't true. Either way, I think you're right, I don't think it's a major issue.
Michael Irving on the NFL network set said it best. Shanahan probably told Griffin go see the doctor, Griffin wanting to get back in circled around and then said I'm good to go. No big deal on this, but of course the NFL may think it is.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #212
Registered User
 
44ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Fortune Teller
Posts: 2,512
Re: RG3 cleared to play (update)

Level 1 (minor) sprain heals at 4 weeks for a (inactive) pro athlete receiving pro therapy. It also usually heals in that time weeks for everyone else as well.

If the Doctor is worried its because the injury is either reported as something less than what it really is and/or because RG3 was back on the field so soon.

Obviously RG3 was able to return for a few plays the day of the injury. I don't think the fact that he's out there after weeks of therapy and pain injections is a indicator that he's anywhere near 100%.

With that said, he seems to be handling/protecting the injury very well, and altho playing on it may delay 100% healing, I think he will be fine as long as he does not take a side impact that compromises the support of the knee brace.

Im sure the Doctor would have liked to see him completely off the knee for 4 weeks and the fact that RG3 is on the field is the cause of his worry.

If you or I sustained the same injury as RG3, Im 100% confident our Doctors would not recommend going out and playing football within the 4 week healing period. But of course our Doctors would not be influenced by a multi trillion dollar industry...

I fully understand the Doctors concern.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #213
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,596
Re: RG3 cleared to play (update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
"He passed all the tests and all the functional things we do"...

I basically stopped right there.

The rest is just Andrews not wanting his name tied to this if god forbid he got hurt again. Shanahan probably shouldn't have brought his name into it from the start by saying he cleared him, but what else was he gonna say, that RG3 said he was ok and wanted to go back in so we let him? That would have been a bigger mess.

You probably shouldn't have stopped reading. That part you quoted is in reference to him playing now, not the situation back in the Baltimore game.


Basically, Shanahan said Andrews told him he was cleared to go back into the game, and Andrews said that is not true and that RGIII never allowed them to examine him.

Shanahan needs to be fined big time for this if true, and the fact he threw his high profile team doctor under a bus is pathetic.

Dr. James Andrews says he never cleared Robert Griffin III to go back into game after injury

Quote:
Shanahan said he let Griffin return with the blessing of James Andrews, the renowned orthopedic surgeon, who was on the sideline.

Andrews, however, told USA TODAY Sports on Saturday that he never cleared Griffin to go back into the game, because he never even examined him.

"(Griffin) didn't even let us look at him," Andrews said. "He came off the field, walked through the sidelines, circled back through the players, and took off back to the field. It wasn't our opinion.

"We didn't even get to touch him or talk to him. Scared the hell out of me."

Yet when asked by reporters, Shanahan described a conversation with Andrews this way:

"He's on the sidelines with Dr. Andrews. He had a chance to look at him and he said he could go back in," Shanahan said Dec. 10. "(I said) 'Hey, Dr. Andrews, can Robert go back in?'

'Yeah, he can go back in.'

'Robert, go back in.'

"That was it," Shanahan said.

Only that's not the way it happened, Andrews said. What's more, Andrews remains worried about Griffin's health as the Redskins play the Seattle Seahawks in an NFC wild card game at FedEx Field today.
Quote:
"I'm the one that shut him down that day, finally," Andrews said. "I've been a nervous wreck letting him come back as quick as he has. He's doing a lot better this week, but he's still recovering and I'm holding my breath because of it.

"He passed all the tests and all the functional things we do, but it's been a trying moment for me, to be honest with you."
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #214
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,675
Basically Andrews is just worried about Griff and his knee, which is understanding. Now Mike and him saying he said is just dumb. If Griffin went back in without being looked at then that's on him. Hopefully he's OK and won't hurt himself more, luckily he's passed all the test so far
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #215
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,839
Re: RG3 cleared to play (update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
You probably shouldn't have stopped reading. That part you quoted is in reference to him playing now, not the situation back in the Baltimore game.


Basically, Shanahan said Andrews told him he was cleared to go back into the game, and Andrews said that is not true and that RGIII never allowed them to examine him.

Shanahan needs to be fined big time for this if true, and the fact he threw his high profile team doctor under a bus is pathetic.

Dr. James Andrews says he never cleared Robert Griffin III to go back into game after injury
Yeah I got that quite clearly, thanks.

I guess what I'm saying what's the worry now? Odd timing for this story to come out.

Trying to get some pub for his new book perhaps?

Any Given Monday: James R Andrews, Don Yaeger:... Any Given Monday: James R Andrews, Don Yaeger:...
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #216
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 30
Posts: 4,246
Re: RG3 cleared to play (update)

did i miss something? has griff suffered a setback? yap yap yap
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #217
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,596
Re: RG3 cleared to play (update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yeah I got that quite clearly, thanks.

I guess what I'm saying what's the worry now? Odd timing for this story to come out.

Trying to get some pub for his new book perhaps?

Any Given Monday: James R Andrews, Don Yaeger: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Probably because nobody has asked him until now? In fact, has there been any interviews or questions with Dr. Andrews until now? If not, that's why this is coming out now. I'd be doing the same thing if I were Dr. Andrews. It's his professional career at stake here, and having some coach claim you ok'd a player to return when you didn't is a definite faux pas.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #218
Special Teams
 
SkinsGuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 124
Re: RG3 cleared to play (update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yeah I got that quite clearly, thanks.

I guess what I'm saying what's the worry now? Odd timing for this story to come out.

Trying to get some pub for his new book perhaps?

Any Given Monday: James R Andrews, Don Yaeger: Amazon.com: Kindle Store
yup . . . i was just going to say this . . . his book is being released this weekend as well (according to the talk radio guy in phx anyway) . . . this just gets his name in the press a little more and increases his book sales . . .
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #219
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,839
Re: RG3 cleared to play (update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Probably because nobody has asked him until now? In fact, has there been any interviews or questions with Dr. Andrews until now? If not, that's why this is coming out now. I'd be doing the same thing if I were Dr. Andrews. It's his professional career at stake here, and having some coach claim you ok'd a player to return when you didn't is a definite faux pas.
Because nobody asked him? lol really?

C'mon man, if it was that big of a deal to him and his reputation was at stake wouldn't he have came out and issued a statement immediately after it happened??

The whole timing of this just seems a little off to me.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #220
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,596
Re: RG3 cleared to play (update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
yup . . . i was just going to say this . . . his book is being released this weekend as well (according to the talk radio guy in phx anyway) . . . this just gets his name in the press a little more and increases his book sales . . .


Or....maybe nobody has asked the man any questions in relation to the Baltimore game? Is there any journalist on record asking Dr. Andrews any questions about the Baltimore game or RGIII prior to this weekend? Anybody got anything? Why are we saying he's trying to drum up press? Can anybody point to me where he's had media opportunities to set the record straight and passed?

I'm quite frankly disturbed we have a coach throwing a well renowned doctor under the bus when it was actually a lie the whole time.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #221
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,596
Re: RG3 cleared to play (update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Because nobody asked him? lol really?

C'mon man, if it was that big of a deal to him and his reputation was at stake wouldn't he have came out and issued a statement immediately after it happened??

The whole timing of this just seems a little off to me.

Not sure what you are expecting. Is the man not supposed to answer the questions when asked? It's not like he was going to call a press conference and set the truth straight.

As far as it being a big deal to his reputation, I'm not sure what he's doing behind the scenes or what type of contract he has with the team. For all we know, he could have been pressing the issue, and trying to do it quietly.


I usually don't have a problem with things that Mike does, but this is one of them. Huge problem.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #222
Special Teams
 
SkinsGuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 124
Re: RG3 cleared to play (update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Or....maybe nobody has asked the man any questions in relation to the Baltimore game? Is there any journalist on record asking Dr. Andrews any questions about the Baltimore game or RGIII prior to this weekend? Anybody got anything? Why are we saying he's trying to drum up press? Can anybody point to me where he's had media opportunities to set the record straight and passed?

I'm quite frankly disturbed we have a coach throwing a well renowned doctor under the bus when it was actually a lie the whole time.
sorry, but i agree with Matty . . . if he really felt that strongly about this worrying that his reputation would be hurt, he would have came out long ago on his own . . .
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #223
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 834
Re: RG3 cleared to play (update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Or....maybe nobody has asked the man any questions in relation to the Baltimore game? Is there any journalist on record asking Dr. Andrews any questions about the Baltimore game or RGIII prior to this weekend? Anybody got anything? Why are we saying he's trying to drum up press? Can anybody point to me where he's had media opportunities to set the record straight and passed?

I'm quite frankly disturbed we have a coach throwing a well renowned doctor under the bus when it was actually a lie the whole time.
It doesnt take a journalist asking Dr Andrews anything for it to become public. Had Dr Andrews made that statement at any other time, it would have been very public. And in the day and age of Twitter and Facebook, journalists are not needed. Dr Andrews makes too much money on what he does to have someone question whether he knows an athletes knees.

Im more disturbed that a Dr knowing an athlete was injured, let him double around and go back into the game without checking him out. The Dr needs to make sure that gets looked at. If a player turns around, then the Dr needs to get a team staff member to make sure the coach knows he never looked at the player and to round up that player to be looked at. RG3 didnt play the next game, so its not like anyone can scream that he doesnt care about player safety.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #224
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,596
Re: RG3 cleared to play (update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Im more disturbed that a Dr knowing an athlete was injured, let him double around and go back into the game without checking him out. The Dr needs to make sure that gets looked at. If a player turns around, then the Dr needs to get a team staff member to make sure the coach knows he never looked at the player and to round up that player to be looked at. RG3 didnt play the next game, so its not like anyone can scream that he doesnt care about player safety.

No arguments there. Agree totally.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #225
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 2,253
Re: RG3 cleared to play (update)

I've been on youtube watching the video previews to this match up. Everybody is saying the same thing about how RG3 is not himself because of the sprained knee etc. Everybody is talking about how great Seattle's defense is. Everybody is talking about Russell Wilson. I like the fact that people are sleeping on the Redskins.

This game against the Seahawks is not going to play out the way most people think it will.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33238 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25