Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Mara Karma

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #16
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,996
Re: Mara Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
He knew that even after last year's results that his Giants weren't a good team. .
Yet he has the trophy and the ring to prove it was a good team, a Championship team.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #17
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Mara Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerohero View Post
Noting someones Blackness isn't derogatory or inappropriate, unless you follow that with something derogatory or inappropriate. If anything the Jesus usage would be considered sacrilege to some haha.

Until we are one color it will be mentioned often.

On topic i have tons of Giants fans in my family and have really been enjoying the last couple weeks. How Mara was able to influence these penalties at all i just don't understand.
Noting someones whiteness would be considered inappropriate by most people, so doing the same for blackness is the same thing. On topic, Mara is Chairman of the NFL Management committee so, its part of his job in that role to influence pentalties. From our perspective, since were in the same division, he should have recused himself. However, given that the rest of the owners and the commish agreed to the penalties, i dont think that necessarily would have changed anything.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #18
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,996
Re: Mara Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
Well enjoy it, it may be a loooooooong time before you see another...
HTTR!!!
You are 125% right,one never knows how the season will go,kinda why I said at the begining of the year it's not a sprint but a marathon.I think 2 championships in 5 years has hurt to a point,draft picks,schedules, it's the way the league goes.I said this the other day,if you watch the NFC East the Skins are the best team in it right now!
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #19
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,996
Re: Mara Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
On topic, Mara is Chairman of the NFL Management committee so, its part of his job in that role to influence pentalties. From our perspective, since were in the same division, he should have recused himself. However, given that the rest of the owners and the commish agreed to the penalties, i dont think that necessarily would have changed anything.

Mara is the head of the commitee there is nothing to say he "influence" anything.I fully understand your and Skin fans perspective on this whole matter but I disagree with him having to "recused" himself from the proceedings.If he does that then the Eagles owner must also do it,everyteam is represented .Were the penalties right or wrong I don't know,none of us do becuase we don't know what really happen.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #20
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,597
Re: Mara Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
He did'nt as many around the NFL know but I do understand the perception.
Mara did influence those penalties, like he influenced the "delay of game penalty" that everyone agrees should be overturned after the Lions debacle.

You should read these links.

WHY JOHN MARA CHEATED

“Ask John Mara,” the executive said.

Mara influencing other stuff too
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #21
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,996
Re: Mara Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Mara did influence those penalties, like he influenced the "delay of game penalty" that everyone agrees should be overturned after the Lions debacle.

You should read these links.

WHY JOHN MARA CHEATED

“Ask John Mara,” the executive said.

Mara influencing other stuff too

1)Extrem Skins,really?
2)The opinion of a Washington Redskin executive
3)All owners have things that might best suit their team they want discussed.Jerry Jones and the Horse collar rule comes to mind.
Sorry, still no proof.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #22
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,597
Re: Mara Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
1)Extrem Skins,really?
2)The opinion of a Washington Redskin executive
3)All owners have things that might best suit their team they want discussed.Jerry Jones and the Horse collar rule comes to mind.
Sorry, still no proof.
1. Read the links inside the extremeskins thread.
2. And Mara being the point man.
3. I thought you said John Mara didn't influence things like this?

There's plenty of proof of Mara's cheating, including the links I posted.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #23
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,597
Re: Mara Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
^ Don't matter. We have RG3
I'm glad we didn't use the cap money Mara stole, on getting Finnegan. But some help in our secondary would be nice.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #24
Special Teams
 
SCRedskinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 394
Re: Mara Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Mara is the head of the commitee there is nothing to say he "influence" anything.I fully understand your and Skin fans perspective on this whole matter but I disagree with him having to "recused" himself from the proceedings.If he does that then the Eagles owner must also do it,everyteam is represented .Were the penalties right or wrong I don't know,none of us do becuase we don't know what really happen.
Giantone, you seem like a bright guy and I for one enjoy your partipation on this forum.

However, to say that the chair of any committee doesn't have significant influence on that committee is just wrong. The chair sets the agenda, and will have a significant effect on the committee's decision-making process. As suggested earlier, Mara should have recused himself from this issue, and I, for one, believe the outcome would have been different without his evident bias against competitors in his division.

And I realize you, and Giants fans in general don't get our strong reaction to all of this. But then, we're the one's getting screwed here...

I've never agreed more with Daniel Snyder on any issue by the way. And that karma thing sucks, doesn't it?
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #25
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Mara Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Mara is the head of the commitee there is nothing to say he "influence" anything.I fully understand your and Skin fans perspective on this whole matter but I disagree with him having to "recused" himself from the proceedings.If he does that then the Eagles owner must also do it,everyteam is represented .Were the penalties right or wrong I don't know,none of us do becuase we don't know what really happen.
Its obvious that Mara was, at minimum, overly zealous, in trying to punish the skins for failing to participate in illegal collusion. Its fitting that Mara did everything he could to hurt the skins and cowboys and now his team probably wont make the playoffs.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #26
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Mara Karma

The Giants "SB hangover" is a much more likely explanation for this year's struggles than anything karma/Mara related. But I don't see anything indicating the team/roster is in decline. They're still competitive and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the playoffs again in the years ahead.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #27
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,111
Re: Mara Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yet he has the trophy and the ring to prove it was a good team, a Championship team.
The Giants were more lucky than good. I'm not attempting to discredit their success, but they were a 7-7 team going into week 16. They soundly beat Atlanta, then traveled to GB the following week to face a Packers team that played poorly on offense and pitiful on defense. Then the second of the two Kyle Williams punt return fumbles in SF provided the NYG to enter into the SB to face a New England team with a last ranked defense that they came back to beat in the last moments of the game. Yeah, the Giants won SB 46 but then again a lucky team is not a good team. The 2011 NYG were the only Super Bowl champion in NFL history to be outscored by their opponents during the regular season. That's hardly a good team......
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:44 PM   #28
Special Teams
 
SCRedskinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 394
Re: Mara Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
The Giants were more lucky than good. I'm not attempting to discredit their success, but they were a 7-7 team going into week 16. They soundly beat Atlanta, then traveled to GB the following week to face a Packers team that played poorly on offense and pitiful on defense. Then the second of the two Kyle Williams punt return fumbles in SF provided the NYG to enter into the SB to face a New England team with a last ranked defense that they came back to beat in the last moments of the game. Yeah, the Giants won SB 46 but then again a lucky team is not a good team. The 2011 NYG were the only Super Bowl champion in NFL history to be outscored by their opponents during the regular season. That's hardly a good team......
A short way of saying how good they really were is:

We beat them twice. Without a quarterback. End of story.
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #29
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Mara Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeesson View Post
To my Redskins Nation,

Here's something you should reflect on this Holiday: In the beginning of the season the Giants Owner initiated the investigation that cost both the Cowboys and Redskins millions of dollars in salary cap space. In the redskins case, it was over 30 million dollars.

I won't go into details here, because there is plenty that has already been written about it. Let's just say it was a BS investigation with a BS outcome. The only reason it wasn't challenged in court is because it would have cost a lot more people a lot more money in the long run. It cost the redskins the most money but the Giants owner wasn't satisfied, he wanted "draft picks". After we drafted RG3 he wanted the draft picks stripped from us, making our trade with St Louis void, and making it impossible for us to keep Black Jesus on our team.

John Mara (Giants Owner) is such a scumbag, that even Daniel Snyder was caught on tape earlier this season saying "I hate that motherf***ker".

Now isn't it fitting, that after it was all said and done. The two teams he tried to screw over, are playing for the NFC East title next weekend, while the NY Giants are playing on a hope and a prayer/nothing but a paycheck. Mara, You REAP what you SOW you silly bitch... Merry Christmas. HTTR.
As much as I like your "F-U Mara", RG3 is not "Black Jesus", Obama holds that title.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:25 AM   #30
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,996
Re: Mara Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
The Giants were more lucky than good. I'm not attempting to discredit their success, but they were a 7-7 team going into week 16. They soundly beat Atlanta, then traveled to GB the following week to face a Packers team that played poorly on offense and pitiful on defense. Then the second of the two Kyle Williams punt return fumbles in SF provided the NYG to enter into the SB to face a New England team with a last ranked defense that they came back to beat in the last moments of the game. Yeah, the Giants won SB 46 but then again a lucky team is not a good team. The 2011 NYG were the only Super Bowl champion in NFL history to be outscored by their opponents during the regular season. That's hardly a good team......
Funny thing is you just made the case for the Giants being a good team for me,Thank You.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30049 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25