Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


WTF?!? It's Mother F...ing Dallas week, Let's Go!!!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #91
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,627
Re: WTF?!? It's Mother F...ing Dallas week, Let's Go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
You guys must be watching a different espn than me. All i hear about is RG3 and the Skins. Lol.
People only hear what they want to hear
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #92
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins5044 View Post
I try to flip channel when they start talking about the game, I can't handle listening to all these opinions about the game. They don't mean crap.
Yeah but its nice hearing the word Redskins so much in Late December
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #93
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,478
Re: WTF?!? It's Mother F...ing Dallas week, Let's Go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
You guys must be watching a different espn than me. All i hear about is RG3 and the Skins. Lol.
Fans like to drum up this false sense of "Us vs the World" position, and they do so by denying reality. They make up stuff, distort it, or simply ignore it so they can use it in their crusade to hunt their elusive white whales.



Pretty much what Smoot said. They hear what they want to hear.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #94
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
People only hear what they want to hear
Aint it the truth.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #95
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Fans like to drum up this false sense of "Us vs the World" position, and they do so by denying reality. They make up stuff, distort it, or simply ignore it so they can use it in their crusade to hunt their elusive white whales.



Pretty much what Smoot said. They hear what they want to hear.
Somewhere Herman Melville smiles on this post.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #96
Playmaker
 
redskins5044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Schertz, Tx
Age: 35
Posts: 3,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Yeah but its nice hearing the word Redskins so much in Late December
True maybe I am just not use to it yet. This game means a lot of how I think of the team, all of the games of 6 game winning streak have been playoff games for us, but this game shows us what we are about for years to come.

I am just so amped/nervous at the same time, I don't want this to be the game were Romo and Cowboys finally break through, like the Giants game years ago when they had that goal line stand against us that turned there season and franchise around.
__________________
Spider 2 Y Banana Jr. is the new Head Coach.
redskins5044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #97
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 45
Posts: 1,506
Re: WTF?!? It's Mother F...ing Dallas week, Let's Go!!!

I've watched most of the Redskins.com videos the past couple of days, and what I hear out of the Redskin players and coaches is just so "workman" like. We all know this is the biggest game in 12 years, but the team seems like they are preparing like its week 11 or something. I know they will be jacked up like I will be on my couch Sunday night, but I just feel a whole bunch of focus out of this team that actually starts with Robert Griffin as much as anyone. No momment is bigger than him. I just feel like Dallas will be overwhelmed this weekend. This is our Superbowl. If the Redskins beat Dallas, they can get blowout in the playoffs and I won't care.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #98
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,425
Re: WTF?!? It's Mother F...ing Dallas week, Let's Go!!!

Anyone think what if we lose and don't make the playoffs? What a freakin' downer that would be?? Would it still be a good season? I still think it would..
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #99
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins5044 View Post
True maybe I am just not use to it yet. This game means a lot of how I think of the team, all of the games of 6 game winning streak have been playoff games for us, but this game shows us what we are about for years to come.

I am just so amped/nervous at the same time, I don't want this to be the game were Romo and Cowboys finally break through, like the Giants game years ago when they had that goal line stand against us that turned there season and franchise around.
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. I wish i could be there so bad Sunday but alas i gave up my season tickets last year. It became too expensive and living in NJ i literally could not give them away. Section 428 and the rest of the twelfth man will do their job n send those Cowboys home with their heads hanging down. I am sure of it.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #100
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,494
Re: WTF?!? It's Mother F...ing Dallas week, Let's Go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
I've watched most of the Redskins.com videos the past couple of days, and what I hear out of the Redskin players and coaches is just so "workman" like. We all know this is the biggest game in 12 years, but the team seems like they are preparing like its week 11 or something. I know they will be jacked up like I will be on my couch Sunday night, but I just feel a whole bunch of focus out of this team that actually starts with Robert Griffin as much as anyone. No momment is bigger than him. I just feel like Dallas will be overwhelmed this weekend. This is our Superbowl. If the Redskins beat Dallas, they can get blowout in the playoffs and I won't care.
Last weekend on the MS show, he was asked about the plan for this week, given that Christmas was on Tuesday. I felt sorry for him and the coaches in his response (but glad for Redskins fans)

He said the coaches would be in early Monday morning(Christmas eve) and work till about 6pm studying tape and prepping, then be off till Tuesday around Noon, (the coaches with kids that is), then work late Tuesday, and start like normal on Wednesday. I wonder (nosy really) how many players were in Monday morning watching tape, reviewing Sunday's game and working out. My guess is nearly all of them.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #101
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,600
Re: WTF?!? It's Mother F...ing Dallas week, Let's Go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Anyone think what if we lose and don't make the playoffs? What a freakin' downer that would be?? Would it still be a good season? I still think it would..
The six straight wins has been incredible. It's kinda like Gibbs 2.0 all over again.

If we lose this weekend, it would be disappointing. But kudos to the team (players and coaches) for improving this season.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #102
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,318
Re: WTF?!? It's Mother F...ing Dallas week, Let's Go!!!

Who is going to the game and who is going to tailgate?
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #103
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,361
Re: WTF?!? It's Mother F...ing Dallas week, Let's Go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Anyone think what if we lose and don't make the playoffs? What a freakin' downer that would be?? Would it still be a good season? I still think it would..
I'm prepared just in case. It would disappointing but like you said a very good season despite all the injuries and would forwards to next year. They could still make it as a wildcard.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #104
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,494
Re: WTF?!? It's Mother F...ing Dallas week, Let's Go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I'm prepared just in case. It would disappointing but like you said a very good season despite all the injuries and would forwards to next year. They could still make it as a wildcard.
By game time Sunday, we will know whether we make it as a wildcard. I don't think Chicago and Minnesota both lose, but it's certainly possible.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #105
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 45
Posts: 1,506
Re: WTF?!? It's Mother F...ing Dallas week, Let's Go!!!

All I can think about is the Redskins winning, but yes it will still be a great season if they loose. They definitely have things stacked in their favor, but turnovers and freak plays can always change an outcome. I think the Redskins are a better team than the Cowboys, They are at home, outside on grass and the weather will be cold. I also think this team plays smarter than the Cowboys and I just hope they win the turnover battle, because that will probably determine the outcome. I also think you will see Griffin being all the things Griffin can be, which means more running than last week. The skins will let it all hang out this week.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29957 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25