Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Seahawks Redskins Rookie Showdown

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #46
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,526
Re: Seahawks Redskins Rookie Showdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I think the team brings Kory back. Don't see him walking.
Yeah I don't see him walking on a hurt ankle either


But seriously to others posts above, Kory is consider to be the Skins 2nd best OL (behind Trent obviously). There is a reason the Skins have Kory L up for the best blocker on the team award (name of it escapes me).

We need to bring Kory back, because our interior OL has great depth.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #47
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: Seahawks Redskins Rookie Showdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Yeah I don't see him walking on a hurt ankle either


But seriously to others posts above, Kory is consider to be the Skins 2nd best OL (behind Trent obviously). There is a reason the Skins have Kory L up for the best blocker on the team award (name of it escapes me).

We need to bring Kory back, because our interior OL has great depth.
Are you thinking of the Ed Block Courage Award?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #48
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,526
Re: Seahawks Redskins Rookie Showdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Are you thinking of the Ed Block Courage Award?
Thats it!

...And now I went to the Website and realize it wasn't for the teams best blocker, but for the guy who helps out the community the most (thought that was just the Walter Payton award but apparently theres 2)....


Nevermind then. I still think Kory is our 2nd best OLineman, especially after he went out last year, it showed.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #49
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 30
Posts: 4,246
Re: Seahawks Redskins Rookie Showdown

2005: L 10-20 @ qwest
2007: L 14-35 @ qwest
2012: W 55-24 @ fedex

time to return the favor
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #50
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 2,249
Re: Seahawks Redskins Rookie Showdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Skittles defense is vunarable to the run and they are not the same team at home vs the road. Haslett gonna have to mix it up on defense.
The Redskins are 5-3 at Fed Ex Field this year. The Seahawks are 3-5 on the road this year. How is Seattle 2 1/2 point favorites to win this game? The Redskins should be favorite at home. The Redskins defensively have done excellent against the run and average against the pass.

I expect Coach Haz to dial up those exotic blitzes on Russell Wilson.

Offensively, the Redskins 5th ranked offense will be interesting to watching against the Seahawks 4th ranked defense. Both Alfred Morris and RG3 running the football may help set up the play action pass.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #51
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,459
Re: Seahawks Redskins Rookie Showdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Thats it!

...And now I went to the Website and realize it wasn't for the teams best blocker, but for the guy who helps out the community the most (thought that was just the Walter Payton award but apparently theres 2)....


Nevermind then. I still think Kory is our 2nd best OLineman, especially after he went out last year, it showed.
Yeah, the Block is silent in that.



Kory L second best? You better check up on that Monty and Chester game son
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #52
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Seahawks Redskins Rookie Showdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Thats it!

...And now I went to the Website and realize it wasn't for the teams best blocker, but for the guy who helps out the community the most (thought that was just the Walter Payton award but apparently theres 2)....


Nevermind then. I still think Kory is our 2nd best OLineman, especially after he went out last year, it showed.
Trent Williams and Will Montgomery are our two best linemen, and not necessarily in that order. I'd rate Kory as 3rd. Im hoping we can sign Monty to a nice extension after the season. Polumbus and Chester are fine for depth, but id rather not have either of them as starters next year.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #53
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 2,496
Re: Seahawks Redskins Rookie Showdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
From what I heard last night, he's getting a new, less bulky brace but will still have on this weekend

I'm a bit concerned about Kory L. I think LeRibeus may end up being the better OL, though I'm not sure that will be this weekend.
I'm still kinda hoping it comes down to the last play, and then RG3 takes off down the sideline... and he's still kinda slow... and then in slow motion, the brace starts to fly off and he just outruns everyone a la Forrest Gump.
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #54
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,945
Re: Seahawks Redskins Rookie Showdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
I'm still kinda hoping it comes down to the last play, and then RG3 takes off down the sideline... and he's still kinda slow... and then in slow motion, the brace starts to fly off and he just outruns everyone a la Forrest Gump.
I could totally see that happening in the NBA.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #55
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Seahawks Redskins Rookie Showdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
I'm still kinda hoping it comes down to the last play, and then RG3 takes off down the sideline... and he's still kinda slow... and then in slow motion, the brace starts to fly off and he just outruns everyone a la Forrest Gump.
Its funny you say that because i was actually thinking of the same thing at lunch today... like wear the brace so Seattle thinks he's gimpy, and then just take off.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #56
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 30
Posts: 4,246
Re: Seahawks Redskins Rookie Showdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
I'm still kinda hoping it comes down to the last play, and then RG3 takes off down the sideline... and he's still kinda slow... and then in slow motion, the brace starts to fly off and he just outruns everyone a la Forrest Gump.
lol yes, and to merge moments, he just keeps running thru the endzone, knocking down a bandmember, and into the tunnel
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #57
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Seahawks Redskins Rookie Showdown

I heard rumor that RG3 knee is fine but they were just being carefull for the Dallas game. RG3 might not wear the brace this weekend especially if his self confidence is strong regarding the knee.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #58
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Seahawks Redskins Rookie Showdown

During todays press conference, RGIII indicated he'd wear the brace the rest of the year.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #59
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,526
Re: Seahawks Redskins Rookie Showdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yeah, the Block is silent in that.



Kory L second best? You better check up on that Monty and Chester game son
I watch them all. They're all good (except Polumbus). I just remember profootball focus last year saying that Chester and Montgomery had given up sacks and Kory didn't and he graded high as one of the best guards in the league last year with his limited play.

Of course its last year, but for a guy coming off two knee surgeries, he's looking pretty damn good.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #60
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 10,144
Re: Seahawks Redskins Rookie Showdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
The Redskins are 5-3 at Fed Ex Field this year. The Seahawks are 3-5 on the road this year. How is Seattle 2 1/2 point favorites to win this game? The Redskins should be favorite at home. The Redskins defensively have done excellent against the run and average against the pass.

I expect Coach Haz to dial up those exotic blitzes on Russell Wilson.

Offensively, the Redskins 5th ranked offense will be interesting to watching against the Seahawks 4th ranked defense. Both Alfred Morris and RG3 running the football may help set up the play action pass.
Oddsmakers think Seattle is a little better than we are. The two option read QB's that they have faced they have totally shut it down. RG3 isn't 100%. Plus they probably have a better defense than we do and are around the same on offense. Those are probably the reasons they're slightly favored.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29911 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25