Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #211
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 13,047
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

this was funny:
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #212
Impact Rookie
 
Coff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Halfmoon, NY
Posts: 565
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
*cough* Tom Brady*cough*
Yeah, Cousins is probably as good as Brady; no reason to think otherwise.
Coff is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #213
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,036
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
This kinda stuff is pointless.

Of course KC has potential, very good potential IMO.

My post was more in response to donofriose saying he's a good backup but an average starter. We don't know that yet.
I'll agree with that. we don't know yet. I rephrase what I say and will say I predict he will be an average starter, and once teams have more tape on him he will be a backup quarterback for the rest of his career. But it is a prediction. Time will tell. It came off as if I was saying it was a fact already, but it is more of a prediction.
donofriose is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #214
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,036
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

I also think comparing any quarterback to Manning or Brady is foolish. Their career accomplishments are incredible and saying Cousins could be a 3 time super bowl champion with 5 superbowl appearances, 2 time MVP, and the best winning percentage ever seems like one of the most foolish players to compare anyone to, even a healthy RG3.
donofriose is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #215
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,261
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Robert Griffin III, other NFL players likely fearful of 'Jay Cutler' treatment - Yahoo! Sports


Somehow I think it does play a big part. The one thing I can tell with RGIII is that he tries to prove his toughness. You can see it in the quotes.






...and there countless of other quotes just like this. He has nothing to prove, and I certainly don't think anybody has questioned his heart. Even if they did, who gives a ****.
Cowherd was recently talking about the difference in the way people responded to Cutler vs the response to Griffin. The main difference, he rationalized, is that Griffin is a very likable guy, Cutler isnt. Cutler often comes across as bitchy or asshole like. Griffin comes across as an extremely hard worker, takes all the responsibility and always says the right thing but not in the sense of being a pushover. The easiest way to avoid the “Cutler treatment” when injured, is to not act like him when healthy.

That said, I think Griffin still has a whole lot to prove. And if acted like he didn’t have anything to prove, then he probably wouldn’t be the player we are all enamored with
__________________
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #216
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,261
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Bledso went down Brady came in, history.

RGIII went down, Cousins cam in ?

See how he did it now?

Perhaps.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #217
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,185
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Brady was a once in a lifetime deal. Everyone likes to use that example but how many other players have replicated what he did?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #218
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

If we're talking hindsight, of course we'd rather have a healthy Wilson than an injured RGIII. But who's to say if we'd drafted Wilson, he'd have the same success here or not get hurt himself?

In hindsight, i think i'd probably prefer to sign manning in FA, draft cousins, and keep all our draft picks. We'd probably have earned a 1st round bye and be on our way to the superbowl.

But as the great Steve spurrier said highsight is always 50/50. I think the skins made the best decisions with the information they had at the time. RGIII was a great pick and im glad we selected him.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #219
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,613
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
Yeah, Cousins is probably as good as Brady; no reason to think otherwise.
I didnt say he was. The point I'm making is that Cousins is like Brady ( like Brady was) and was hired as a back up. Cousins future is unwritten.
To say right now that he will never be a successful starter is purely guessing.
He could be the next Kerry collins or Trent Dilfer.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #220
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,757
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
If we're talking hindsight, of course we'd rather have a healthy Wilson than an injured RGIII. But who's to say if we'd drafted Wilson, he'd have the same success here or not get hurt himself?

In hindsight, i think i'd probably prefer to sign manning in FA, draft cousins, and keep all our draft picks. We'd probably have earned a 1st round bye and be on our way to the superbowl.

But as the great Steve spurrier said highsight is always 50/50. I think the skins made the best decisions with the information they had at the time. RGIII was a great pick and im glad we selected him.
They did make a great decision, and I would have loved to have Manning in the fold right now with a rookie backup. BUT the fact is PM didnt want to come to DC so we got who we got. If he hadnt been injured we would all still be happy and eagerly awaiting next year or we would be preparing to face the Falcons. Who knows.

I am still stoked to have RG III and it is impossible to predict his future as of know.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #221
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,757
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
This finger pointing is really silly. I have come to the conclusion that if you want to blame someone, blame Robert Griffin III. I know he is 22 and thinks he is Superman, but you have to listen to your body better. Forget the knee recovery, I hope he recovers and matures in his brain. Know when to sit down because YOU CAN"T WALK! I mean Geez. and to all these experts who say the Redskins shouldn't run the read option? You guys are crazy. Keep running it, but buy RGIII a slippy slide this summer and pour water on it and teach the man to slide. some one needs to make a complation video of Peyton and Tom Brady's slides. Dr. Andrews... part of RGIII's rehabilitation is watching that video everyday!
I agree 100%, if any of you havent seen Inside the NFL this week, check it out. TW was miked up and went over to RG III after our second TD. RG admitted that he tweaked his knee to him and that he would play it safe. Unfortunately he didn't. There are also some other great sound bites from them through out the game.

AND it will also make you dislike Seattle's defense even more by the way they handled themselves after the game.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #222
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,737
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
This finger pointing is really silly. I have come to the conclusion that if you want to blame someone, blame Robert Griffin III. I know he is 22 and thinks he is Superman, but you have to listen to your body better. Forget the knee recovery, I hope he recovers and matures in his brain. Know when to sit down because YOU CAN"T WALK! I mean Geez. and to all these experts who say the Redskins shouldn't run the read option? You guys are crazy. Keep running it, but buy RGIII a slippy slide this summer and pour water on it and teach the man to slide. some one needs to make a complation video of Peyton and Tom Brady's slides. Dr. Andrews... part of RGIII's rehabilitation is watching that video everyday!
I see what you did. You make funny joke about Jim Zorn.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #223
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,942
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
This kinda stuff is pointless.

Of course KC has potential, very good potential IMO.

My post was more in response to donofriose saying he's a good backup but an average starter. We don't know that yet.
I agree it is a bit pointless but it is the off season and this is a discussion board.

You know who I attribute RGII to or fear he will become. Jacoby Ellsbury. I love the Sox and he is one of my favorites. The guy is lights out when healthy; WHEN HEALTHY.

So RGIII can be better then Luck and/or Wilson and/or the entire NFL but if he can't get back on or stay on the field he is useless.

It was said all season that the knock on RGIII is can he stay healthy. In his FIRST season he has had a concussion and a major knee injury (his 2nd of his career).

I am not arguing with you at all and I went RG to be the best ever as well but at this point if history is a indicator of the future you got be nervous as a Skins fan.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #224
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 2,249
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Brady was a once in a lifetime deal. Everyone likes to use that example but how many other players have replicated what he did?
For a 6th round draft pick, Tom Brady was certainly the most underrated NFL draft pick of all time. He was the steal of all steals coming out of Michigan.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #225
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
They did make a great decision, and I would have loved to have Manning in the fold right now with a rookie backup. BUT the fact is PM didnt want to come to DC so we got who we got. If he hadnt been injured we would all still be happy and eagerly awaiting next year or we would be preparing to face the Falcons. Who knows.

I am still stoked to have RG III and it is impossible to predict his future as of know.
Its my understanding PM DID want to come here, and we were very interested, but the Salary Cap penalty kind of ruined that.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.49068 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25