Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #16
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I mean when the camera's not rolling
On the porn shoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
people who know

the women at the salon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
will tell you 8 months is optimistic. 10 months is more realistic
no one really knows....

I can speak Smoot
RedskinRat is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #17
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

And isnt it a little ridiculous to give an extremely opportunistic view before the surgery was even started? i can see if they were like things went extremely well..... but when this 6-8 months stuff was coming out last night
__________________
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #18
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Surgery should be wrapping up by now, I believe

And when I say "I think"...there's more to it
You in the operating room, posting from your cell?
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #19
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 45
Posts: 1,505
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Surgery should be wrapping up by now, I believe

And when I say "I think"...there's more to it
Smoot, I was just thinking that Dr. Andrews is becoming famous enough to have a press conference when he gets finished with Robert! LOL
scowan is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #20
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,358
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

This could have been prevented if someone had the balls to say NO to RGIII.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #21
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
And isnt it a little ridiculous to give an extremely opportunistic view before the surgery was even started? i can see if they were like things went extremely well..... but when this 6-8 months stuff was coming out last night
That was my first reaction as well... i think the 6-8 month is a "best case scenario" based on normal recovery times. AP's recovery has shown that anything is possible... Phillip Daniels tweeted that he had the same surgery when he was 35 and was squatting 600lbs 7 months later.

I get that people heal at different rates, and that surgical techniques have advanced, but i have to wonder if some of these remarkable recovery times are partially due to players taking HGH or some other drugs to speed up recovery. And if they are - i dont have a problem with it. I think the NFL should allow those drugs (assuming they are legal in the US) on a case by case basis to players who are recovering from certain injuries - with the league and doctor approval. How can getting the NFLs star players back on the field sooner be a bad thing for the league?
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #22
Impact Rookie
 
CASKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 581
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Let this be a lesson to Mike Shanahan about who is the authority and makes the final decisions He's lucky RGIII isn't lost for the entire season luckily we drafted one of the youngest players in the NFL if he were any older I'd doubt his ability to recover
CASKINS is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #23
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,094
I think he'll rush back and be starting week 1. That's just how he is, hopefully he will be OK for the rest of his career. I really hope he's not the next grant hill of the NFL
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #24
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
This could have been prevented if someone had the balls to say NO to RGIII.
I agree, but i dont think its a matter of "balls." Shanahan sat RGIII when RGIII wanted to play/beleived he could play.

THe problem i have is that Shanahan allowed RGIII to come back and play - as long as he wore the brace. I can see allowing that for an offensive lineman, who is going to be fairly immobile during a game - but given that RGIIIs position requires him to scramble and make alot of quick cuts, the brace becomes less effective. The brace slipped out of place, and thats what resulted in RGIIIs injury. Shanahan should have forseen the possibility/liklihood of that happening and not allowed RGIII to come back until he was truly 100%.

After this surgery, i dont want to see RGIII on the field again until he is 100%. And by 100%, i dont mean the 100% RGIII said he was in recent weeks - that was BS. Until Shanahan can see RGIII move around just like he did during the Saints game - without any sort of brace - he doesnt need to step on the field. I dont care if he misses the entire season - he needs to FULLY heal before he tries to play football.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #25
Impact Rookie
 
CASKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 581
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I think he'll rush back and be starting week 1. That's just how he is, hopefully he will be OK for the rest of his career. I really hope he's not the next grant hill of the NFL
I never got the chance to play him when my parents were stationed in Texas (cove was in a different division) but yeah them Texas boys.......really passionate about football and by passionate I mean live and die for the X's and O's and when you have talent of this level you work super hard to get back on the field.....

Have him hang with AP during the offseason
CASKINS is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #26
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,489
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

I have no problem with Griffin missing the first four games if it means he comes back in game five completely healthy and ready to go. The best case scenario with that would be maybe only two of those games being NFC games, and one being an East game. That way, if Cousins went 1-3 or ,Lord forbid 0-4, it still wouldn't be unrealistic for Griffin to come back in and get this team on track for another winning, playoff season. However, I'd think Cousins could at least get this team to 2-2, which would be great odds, and I would be perfectly fine with that.

The biggest concern is that Griffin comes back 100% healthy! The way I see it now, he's had the surgery (or having), let's just focus on his rehab now and see how he does.

I DO think one topic that should be discussed, is what the 'skins will do about their playing field. Hopefully that's being covered in another thread.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #27
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,910
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I predicted in the other thread that RG3 wouldn't be back until october, I'm definitely sticking with that prediction. No way in hell is going to be playing for us week 1.

Another thing to look at is our schedule. Maybe Goodell makes our schedule really tough to knock us out of playoff contention early so theres a new team that can win the east. Maybe Goodell gives us an easy 4 game schedule to start the season until RG3 comes back. Maybe he gives us all the big games (Atlanta, Denver, San Fran) latter in the season so that RG3 will be ready by then and therefore more viewers.
I love conspiracy theorists. You realize that Goodell has basically zero to do with the schedule, right?
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #28
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,381
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
I have no problem with Griffin missing the first four games if it means he comes back in game five completely healthy and ready to go. The best case scenario with that would be maybe only two of those games being NFC games, and one being an East game. That way, if Cousins went 1-3 or ,Lord forbid 0-4, it still wouldn't be unrealistic for Griffin to come back in and get this team on track for another winning, playoff season. However, I'd think Cousins could at least get this team to 2-2, which would be great odds, and I would be perfectly fine with that.

The biggest concern is that Griffin comes back 100% healthy! The way I see it now, he's had the surgery (or having), let's just focus on his rehab now and see how he does.

I DO think one topic that should be discussed, is what the 'skins will do about their playing field. Hopefully that's being covered in another thread.
EXACTLY ! If I were running the team , RG111 wouldn't start for weeks after he was 100% . I would maybe let him get some plays during then , but not start .
budw38 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #29
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,813
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

I think he starts the season on the pup list. And I'm ok with that, I want him to take as much time as needed so that when he comes back he's fully healthy.
mooby is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #30
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: RGIII undergoing total reconstructive surgery: out 6-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I predicted in the other thread that RG3 wouldn't be back until october, I'm definitely sticking with that prediction. No way in hell is going to be playing for us week 1.

Another thing to look at is our schedule. Maybe Goodell makes our schedule really tough to knock us out of playoff contention early so theres a new team that can win the east. Maybe Goodell gives us an easy 4 game schedule to start the season until RG3 comes back. Maybe he gives us all the big games (Atlanta, Denver, San Fran) later in the season so that RG3 will be ready by then and therefore more viewers.
Lets say your tinfoil hat is actually picking up some real signals from the Commish office...this scenario would just make a cupcake schedule at the end of the season when RGIII is back. 7 straight would look like child's play.

__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30735 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25