Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the league divisional weekend

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #376
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
2013 NFL playoffs -- Brendon Ayanbadejo of Baltimore Ravens bashes New England Patriots on Twitter - ESPN


If I were Harbaugh, I'd fine any of my players that said one word negatively about the Patriots this week.
I love how the Ravens PR department clearly got a hold of him, and he tweeted his mea culpa. Pretty funny that a guy who is just a special teamer can have the nerve to call a high octane offense a "gimmick." Brendon, Tom Brady doesn't care about you.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #377
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,987
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
So, be honest. Are any of you guys just a least bit jealous over the fact that the 49ers are utilizing Colin kaepernick in much the same way the Redskins used Griffin III this year with the option and doing it with the same success? I could just picture Robert slicing through Green Bay's defense the same way Colin kaepernick did on Saturday night.
Not really, I moved on. We still had a heck of a ride this season and nothing to hang our heads over. Injuries happen. I'm already looking ahead to 2013.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #378
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
So, be honest. Are any of you guys just a least bit jealous over the fact that the 49ers are utilizing Colin kaepernick in much the same way the Redskins used Griffin III this year with the option and doing it with the same success? I could just picture Robert slicing through Green Bay's defense the same way Colin kaepernick did on Saturday night.
this is one where imitation is the sincerest form of flattery rings true. I don't think Seattle or SF switch to the zone read as much if RG3 and KS hadn't shown that it was working. They may have dabbled, but nowhere near as quick an implementation of it. imo.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #379
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

I've got to say, this was a disappointing football weekend for me. I was rooting for the Broncos, Packers, Seahawks, and Texans. Can't really say i'm looking forward to any of the upcoming games. I loathe the Patriots and Ravens and i'm pretty ambivalent towards the 49ers and falcons. I dont view any potential superbowl matchups being compelling to me personally. The patriots have been to the superbowl so often its just not interesting anymore. But the last thing i want is to see Ray Lewis do any more dancing. I suppose i'll root for the Falcons but i dont feel good about it.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #380
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,536
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
this is one where imitation is the sincerest form of flattery rings true. I don't think Seattle or SF switch to the zone read as much if RG3 and KS hadn't shown that it was working. They may have dabbled, but nowhere near as quick an implementation of it. imo.
Yeah, I still think RGIII runs it better than anybody else because of his play fakes and certainly his speed. All in all, I'm pulling for SF to win it all and I hope that's not a kiss of death for them. I was pulling for Denver and they lost, so I'm not having good track records in the playoffs so far.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #381
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,109
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I've got to say, this was a disappointing football weekend for me. I was rooting for the Broncos, Packers, Seahawks, and Texans. Can't really say i'm looking forward to any of the upcoming games. I loathe the Patriots and Ravens and i'm pretty ambivalent towards the 49ers and falcons. I dont view any potential superbowl matchups being compelling to me personally. The patriots have been to the superbowl so often its just not interesting anymore. But the last thing i want is to see Ray Lewis do any more dancing. I suppose i'll root for the Falcons but i dont feel good about it.
I don't know how you can root for a team that has beaten us the past three times we were in the playoffs.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #382
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,987
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I don't know how you can root for a team that has beaten us the past three times we were in the playoffs.
Yeah I don't get that either.

I was watching the Seahawks/Falcons yesterday when my wife came in the room and asked who I was rooting for. I told her it was a simple rule of thumb, you never root for the team that beat you in the playoffs.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #383
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
So, be honest. Are any of you guys just a least bit jealous over the fact that the 49ers are utilizing Colin kaepernick in much the same way the Redskins used Griffin III this year with the option and doing it with the same success? I could just picture Robert slicing through Green Bay's defense the same way Colin kaepernick did on Saturday night.
I know what you mean. I don't know if jealous is the word I'd use for me personally, but I was smiling watching Kaepernick do his work. It made me feel good about what we have in RGIII. It's the wave of the future with QB's and we've clearly got a thoroughbred. I definitely did think of Robert cutting up that soft GB D too.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #384
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,487
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
this is one where imitation is the sincerest form of flattery rings true. I don't think Seattle or SF switch to the zone read as much if RG3 and KS hadn't shown that it was working. They may have dabbled, but nowhere near as quick an implementation of it. imo.
Kaepernick has been running that offense his whole career at Nevada where the pistol started. He had over 4100 yards rushing w/59 TD and 82 TD's in the air. Skins are the imitators.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #385
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,536
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yeah I don't get that either.

I was watching the Seahawks/Falcons yesterday when my wife came in the room and asked who I was rooting for. I told her it was a simple rule of thumb, you never root for the team that beat you in the playoffs.
Yeah, I don't understand it either. In fact, I think the Seahawks are quickly becoming a heated rival with the Redskins.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #386
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,536
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Kaepernick has been running that offense his whole career at Nevada where the pistol started. He had over 4100 yards rushing w/59 TD and 82 TD's in the air. Skins are the imitators.
The Redskins were the first this year to really use it with success on the NFL level, we're not talking about comparing colleges.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #387
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I don't know how you can root for a team that has beaten us the past three times we were in the playoffs.
To me, i almost take pride in the team beating us winning the superbowl. It makes the skins look better, as opposed to losing to a team that gets trounced the next week. Plus, i dont want Carlos Rogers to ever win a superbowl. I want him to regret leaving here and saying derogatory things about the Redskins.

Also, Im an NC state fan and have always liked Wilson. I love watching games where the seahawks play at home. The atmosphere always makes the games exciting and compelling. The seahawks are not my 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th favorite NFL team, but i like them a heck of alot better than the falcons. Sports arent particularly interesting to watch unless I have some kind of rooting interest in a team, so that makes the upcoming games horribly uninteresting to me.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #388
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,987
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
The Redskins were the first this year to really use it with success on the NFL level, we're not talking about comparing colleges.
Agree, Kyle S. & RG3 got the ball rolling with the read option and pistol at this level. Everyone said a "college" style offense couldn't work in the NFL, they proved it could with the right QB. Other teams have since added it to their offense, we started off with it as our base offense.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #389
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Agree, Kyle S. & RG3 got the ball rolling with the read option and pistol at this level. Everyone said a "college" style offense couldn't work in the NFL, they proved it could with the right QB.
the thing that bothers me though is that media pundits praise other teams who run a similar offense while saying the "it will never work in the NFL" when talking about the skins. Just stupid.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #390
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,487
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
The Redskins were the first this year to really use it with success on the NFL level, we're not talking about comparing colleges.
Kaepernick wasn't starting till game 9, they were doing it during pre-season games (vanilla version).
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30409 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25