Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the league divisional weekend

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #31
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,750
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Slayings not forgotten, Ray Lewis not forgiven

A shame people still look up to or revere this guy.
Big Ben, Leonard Little, Dante Stallworth, and Pacman Jones have all done things that have led to someone's death, rape, or life-altering injury and got away with it pretty much. Yet we all support the enterprise that allowed these guys to walk out from these situations without much punishment.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #32
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,434
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Slayings not forgotten, Ray Lewis not forgiven

A shame people still look up to or revere this guy.
Unfortunate for sure, but Lewis was acquitted, like he should have been given the evidence.

Quote:
For "closure," she wants to talk to Lewis. If she gets the chance, Lollar-Owens says she would ask him for money, not for herself, but to build a beauty salon in the name of her nephew, the barber.

"That would be my kind of closure, because I would have his memory," she says.

She also wants the truth. "I would like for him to tell one day exactly what happened," Lollar-Owens says.
Not sure this sits really well with me, figured you would jump all over this.

She already has his memory, why the need for money over the truth?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #33
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,755
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Unfortunate for sure, but Lewis was acquitted, like he should have been given the evidence.



Not sure this sits really well with me, figured you would jump all over this.

She already has his memory, why the need for money over the truth?
That part of the article really made me feel less sympathy for her. It's terrible to lose a son I hope I will only have to imagine it but to say money will make it better in anyway seems like a low thing to say. Of course the last part of knowing the truth makes perfect sense for closure.
donofriose is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #34
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,384
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Unfortunate for sure, but Lewis was acquitted, like he should have been given the evidence.
Acquitted on being a accomplice? Not sure the evidence proved he wasn't. In fact, the evidence showed he tried to cover it up. If this had been me or your, we'd still be sitting in jail this very day. What was proven was the DA did a piss poor job, and failed the community all together. My personal belief is that Ray didn't commit the murders, but being part of and then trying to cover it up makes you a accomplice which puts you in the same category as they were.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Not sure this sits really well with me, figured you would jump all over this.

She already has his memory, why the need for money over the truth?
Not sure what that is about, nor did I want to acknowledge the lack of decency on her part. My guess is she wants to take away from him by any means since she knows she'll never get justice. Even so, either get revenge (nino brown style) on the person or move on. Don't be petty and ask for money. Very low class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3FP...ailpage#t=277s



I think she did hit the nail on the head here. Much like Pittsburgh with Big Ben.

Quote:
"The problem to me is America was more interested in him playing football instead of him paying the price for what he was involved in," Wilson says. "That's how we feel. They wanted nothing to happen to him. (Team owner) Art Modell didn't want his golden boy to suffer, so he could make money for him. So they did all they could to get him out of trouble."
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #35
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,908
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Acquitted on being a accomplice? Not sure the evidence proved he wasn't. In fact, the evidence showed he tried to cover it up. If this had been me or your, we'd still be sitting in jail this very day. What was proven was the DA did a piss poor job, and failed the community all together. My personal belief is that Ray didn't commit the murders, but being part of and then trying to cover it up makes you a accomplice which puts you in the same category as they were.
Not being a Ray Lewis apologist, but for the sake of accuracy he was not acquitted, he pled guilty to obstruction of justice, which plays to your point of he 'tried to cover it up'. If you or I did what he did, given the evidence and circumstances, we probably would be going about our daily lives as he does today.

Based on the public knowledge and some inside insight, he was there, was involved on the perimeter of the fight but was trying to get his guys and get out rather than escalating and engaging in the fight. He doesn't know specifics of what went on (who did what and how) but has a good idea of what happened. His answers publicly and privately have remained generic but consistent about the events of that night.

Agreed that the DA did an awful job of getting justice for the families. He went big game hunting with the name of Ray Lewis rather than focusing on the other two guys who had knives and were involved in the fight. At the end of the trial, the jury was so confused they had no choice but to acquit the two remaining accused. Many forget that Lewis was the only one who had any type of conviction and sentence (fine and probation) but he's an easy target for public scrutiny.


Back to football, last week disappointed me so much that I don't really want to watch the NFC games this weekend and really am only mildly interested in the Broncos/Ravens. I hope Atlanta beats the feathers off of the Seahawks who are way too arrogant for my liking. If RG3 doesn't get hurt we kick their ass and they act like it was a 60 minute domination.

My weekend predictions: Falcons, Packers, Broncos and Patriots all roll to victory.
__________________
FREE RG3!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #36
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,750
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Acquitted on being a accomplice? Not sure the evidence proved he wasn't. In fact, the evidence showed he tried to cover it up. If this had been me or your, we'd still be sitting in jail this very day. What was proven was the DA did a piss poor job, and failed the community all together. My personal belief is that Ray didn't commit the murders, but being part of and then trying to cover it up makes you a accomplice which puts you in the same category as they were.

Not sure what that is about, nor did I want to acknowledge the lack of decency on her part. My guess is she wants to take away from him by any means since she knows she'll never get justice. Even so, either get revenge (nino brown style) on the person or move on. Don't be petty and ask for money. Very low class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3FP...ailpage#t=277s

I think she did hit the nail on the head here. Much like Pittsburgh with Big Ben.
It also has to do with money, those that have it can get a better process than those that don't. It's not just football.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #37
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,014
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Amazing how many throws Flacco just misses on.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

— DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 01-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #38
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,384
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Peyton Manning with a incredible throw for a TD. Dude is amazing.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #39
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Peyton Manning with a incredible throw for a TD. Dude is amazing.
Nothing him or Tom can do that amazes me anymore. We all were lucky to see those guys in their prime
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #40
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,093
Flacco sucks so bad
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #41
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,423
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Unfortunate for sure, but Lewis was acquitted, like he should have been given the evidence.



Not sure this sits really well with me, figured you would jump all over this.

She already has his memory, why the need for money over the truth?
I believe Lewis knows what happened and who did it but I don't believe Lewis had any real hand in killing them. In short I'm inclined to believe his testimony.

Quote:
Lewis testified that he entered a guilty plea to a charge of obstructing justice. He admitted he lied to police and made a false statement in the hours after the fatal fight. Defense lawyers for his former co-defendants got the judge to instruct the jury that they could infer nothing against them from Lewis' guilty plea.

Lewis described a brawl with punches being thrown everywhere. He said he didn't want to get invoved because it would jeopardize his NFL career. "I tried to stop this fight", he said.
Heck Marvin Lewis went on record as saying that Ray Lewis had never even been in a fight.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #42
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,384
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Torrey Smith with a incredible catch over Bailey.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #43
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,014
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I believe Lewis knows what happened and who did it but I don't believe Lewis had any real hand in killing them. In short I'm inclined to believe his testimony.



Heck Marvin Lewis went on record as saying that Ray Lewis had never even been in a fight.
Ray Ray just says no to snitching. Thats all it is period
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

— DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #44
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,423
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Flacco sucks so bad
STFU. Flacco is 1337. SUP!?!

__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #45
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,755
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Torrey Smith with a incredible catch over Bailey.
Bailey is playing like a redskins corner today.
donofriose is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34296 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25