Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the league divisional weekend

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #436
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,528
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Baltimore offense 16th in NFL in yards.

Baltimore's scoring in road games this year (23,9,13,25,13,16,28,17)

Their scoring is a bit inflated by the blowouts against Oakland and Bengals (44,55) at home.



As I said, Baltimore's shitty offense. It is shitty because it is inconsistent as hell. If they aren't playing at home, they generally blow balls. Providing of course they don't have the Redskins defense to play.

There is a reason their offensive coordinator got fired 2 games before the season ended. It's NOT because their offense was effective. Jesus man....lol
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #437
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,791
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
You keep saying this, but his team had the lead with 1:09 on the clock and the Ravens needed to go 77 yards. If Rahim Moore properly plays a ball in the air, the Broncos win. He put his team in a position to win the game, then they let him down. Then, in the 2nd OT, he let his team down, however that never should have happened. I honestly can't see how people are saying Manning cost his team the game. He put them in a position to win and they should have.
Because he did not put his team in that position, the Broncos special teams did. The reason that game was even close was because of Special Teams, not because of the mediocre play of Manning. Infact, Manning was one of the reasons that game was still close at the end, the pic 6 and fumble gave the Ravens amazing opportunity to make the game closer than it should. If the team had 2 returns for a touchdown you should not lose that game, unless you are Rex Grossman.
donofriose is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #438
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,338
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
So how is Brady's game elevated if both of their career playoff QB rating is the same? (86) If both of their ratings are the same, it would tell me there are other underlining issues why one's record was good and the other one was bad.
Stats are crazy arent they? One thing Brady hasnt done is beat Peyton's brother who hasnt proven to be more clutch than both. Some people just perform better under stress...they rise to the occasion.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #439
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,849
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Baltimore offense 16th in NFL in yards.

Baltimore's scoring in road games this year (23,9,13,25,13,16,28,17)

Their scoring is a bit inflated by the blowouts against Oakland and Bengals (44,55) at home.



As I said, Baltimore's shitty offense. It is shitty because it is inconsistent as hell. If they aren't playing at home, they generally blow balls. Providing of course they don't have the Redskins defense to play.

There is a reason their offensive coordinator got fired 2 games before the season ended. It's NOT because their offense was effective. Jesus man....lol
Baltimore has a history of playing the Pats tough. And they have a bone to pick with the Pats from last year's AFC Championship game. I still think the Pats are going to win this (and win it all), but I don't think it'll be a cakewalk for them.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is online now  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #440
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
Because he did not put his team in that position, the Broncos special teams did. The reason that game was even close was because of Special Teams, not because of the mediocre play of Manning. Infact, Manning was one of the reasons that game was still close at the end, the pic 6 and fumble gave the Ravens amazing opportunity to make the game closer than it should. If the team had 2 returns for a touchdown you should not lose that game, unless you are Rex Grossman.
Fair enough. I can see your point. He did throw 3 touchdown passes, so we'll have to agree to disagree.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #441
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Baltimore offense 16th in NFL in yards.
who cares about total yards? Points are the only thing that matters.


Quote:
Baltimore's scoring in road games this year (23,9,13,25,13,16,28,17)

Their scoring is a bit inflated by the blowouts against Oakland and Bengals (44,55) at home.

As I said, Baltimore's shitty offense. It is shitty because it is inconsistent as hell. If they aren't playing at home, they generally blow balls. Providing of course they don't have the Redskins defense to play.

There is a reason their offensive coordinator got fired 2 games before the season ended. It's NOT because their offense was effective. Jesus man....lol

The "disclaimers" you use to call some of the Ravens wins "inflated" apply even moreso to the Broncos.

The Broncos had the easiest schedule in the league last year. They only played 4 teams with a winning record all year. Do you know how many of those games they won? one. ONE.

Yet you somehow think that there was reason to expect the Broncos to roll over the Ravens, who were playing very good football and playing on an emotional high with Ray Lewis on his last superbowl run? Please. The Broncos were overrated to begin with.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #442
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,528
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Stats are crazy arent they? One thing Brady hasnt done is beat Peyton's brother who hasnt proven to be more clutch than both. Some people just perform better under stress...they rise to the occasion.
I know right? You know who's more clutch than Tom Brady? Adam Vinateri. If Brady has Suisham or Cundiff as a kicker, do you really think he has any of those super bowls? Would we be talking about how great Tom is? I think we both know the answer to that....lol
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #443
Impact Rookie
 
Evilgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 625
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Baltimore offense 16th in NFL in yards.

Baltimore's scoring in road games this year (23,9,13,25,13,16,28,17)

Their scoring is a bit inflated by the blowouts against Oakland and Bengals (44,55) at home.



As I said, Baltimore's shitty offense. It is shitty because it is inconsistent as hell. If they aren't playing at home, they generally blow balls. Providing of course they don't have the Redskins defense to play.

There is a reason their offensive coordinator got fired 2 games before the season ended. It's NOT because their offense was effective. Jesus man....lol
Cris Carter made a point about Flacco's long throws, he called them 50/50 passes. Gotta give their receivers a lot of credit for great catches. The throws if your just evaluating them as throws were not great decisions or even good placement. I think everyone on Denver did just enough to lose the game though.
__________________
Chris Russell: "To clarify point I made on @ESPNRadio980 - clearly Mike Shanahan wanted Peyton Manning in '12. He also very much desired Russell Wilson."

Mike Shanahan never was able to get the players he wanted, lets all cry for him.
Evilgrin is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #444
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,528
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
who cares about total yards? Points are the only thing that matters.
.....and yet you posted the Ravens defense rank in yards, not points. lol

They were 12th in PPG defense, but the were in the top 10 prior to our game and Denver's that following week.




Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Yet you somehow think that there was reason to expect the Broncos to roll over the Ravens, who were playing very good football and playing on an emotional high with Ray Lewis on his last superbowl run? Please. The Broncos were overrated to begin with.

I didn't expect them to roll over the Ravens. I knew they would be playing hard for Ray Lewis, but I expected Flacco to struggle on the road. I didn't expect Denver's defense to crap the bed the way they did. I didn't expect a safety to get beat on the one thing he couldn't positively be beat on. Watching that play was like watching Williams blowing that Victor Cruz coverage during that early Giants game. What I did expect is John Fox to be conservative just like he's always been. If he does that again next year, he's gone, no matter how much Elway backs him up on that decision. They didn't pay the man 95 million to take a knee when the game could be won. I've seen the man win too many games under a minute.



Take note that this same Denver team thumped Baltimore at their own home just few weeks prior.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 01-15-2013 at 04:31 PM.
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #445
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,528
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #446
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,056
Re: Around the league divisional weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
adrian peterson's look real, that's good stuff
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26799 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25