Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Who Will Meet In the Super Bowl?
Falcons vs. Ravens 4 7.55%
Falcons vs. Patriots 8 15.09%
49ers vs. Ravens 14 26.42%
49ers vs. Patriots 27 50.94%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #61
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,959
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Peyton and Eli are.
Eli Manning demanded a trade because him and daddy refused to play for San Diego and wanted to play for New York.

Peyton told the Colts he would beat them for the next 15 years because he would be that great.

Every quarterback, almost every athlete is egotistic and thinks they are the greatest thing to ever walk the earth.

One person that was not supposed to be this way??? Te'o....
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #62
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,603
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

god i love the way Rachel Nichols holds a microphone
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:23 AM   #63
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
god i love the way Rachel Nichols holds a microphone
She's so fine!!

Did anyone hear about crabtree not being with the team because of a sexual assault investigation?
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:28 AM   #64
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
Eli Manning demanded a trade because him and daddy refused to play for San Diego and wanted to play for New York.

Peyton told the Colts he would beat them for the next 15 years because he would be that great.

Every quarterback, almost every athlete is egotistic and thinks they are the greatest thing to ever walk the earth.

One person that was not supposed to be this way??? Te'o....
Eli's dad didn't want him there cause of AJ Smith. Peyton said that because he wanted to show he was confident and because he wanted to get drafted first over loudmouth drug and anger problemed Ryan leaf.

Teo isn't a QB so don't bring up that name.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:34 AM   #65
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,851
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Sounds like you've had the misfortune of meeting a whole bunch of fairweather Ravens fans who really need to get their fan card taken away. I worked in downtown Baltimore for two years and ran into a few annoying fans, but not many.
Going with AMD on this one. I have lived in Baltimore for almost 20 years now. It's the unexplainable hatred of the Skins that really just gets to me. Plus, so many I meet are just real jerks.

If you're a Skins fan, how do you piss off a Ravens fan? Just tell them you really don't care if the Ravens win or lose. They HATE that Skins fans don't care that they hate them.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #66
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,898
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
Eli Manning demanded a trade because him and daddy refused to play for San Diego and wanted to play for New York.

Peyton told the Colts he would beat them for the next 15 years because he would be that great.

Every quarterback, almost every athlete is egotistic and thinks they are the greatest thing to ever walk the earth.

One person that was not supposed to be this way??? Te'o....
And Eli called himself elite.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #67
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,959
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Eli's dad didn't want him there cause of AJ Smith. Peyton said that because he wanted to show he was confident and because he wanted to get drafted first over loudmouth drug and anger problemed Ryan leaf.

Teo isn't a QB so don't bring up that name.
So when peyton manning says something its "confidence" when tom brady says something ita cause he is an a-hole. And Eli manning called himself elite, while flacco said he was the best quarterback in the NFL. Like I said, every good quarterback is full of himself. Aaron Rogers can't even take a joke he is so full of himself. Every quarterback is conceited and thinks they are the best QB ever. Even RG3, I should walk around saying "talent respects talent" and "I'm the best option", every quarterback is like this. I wouldn't want a quarterback on my team saying "I'm just ok I guess". It's the NFL, every player thinks they are amazing
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #68
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Eli's dad didn't want him there cause of AJ Smith. Peyton said that because he wanted to show he was confident and because he wanted to get drafted first over loudmouth drug and anger problemed Ryan leaf.

Teo isn't a QB so don't bring up that name.
So you can make excuses for the Manning's but Brady's must be because he's a prick. Funny thing is you say Peyton's was because he was confident and wanted a better draft position, wouldn't Brady's be that he was confident, and wanted to keep his starting spot?

Star athletes have huge ego's, most top level athlete's do, that's part of what makes them succeed - an internal drive and pride in their success. Why hate on that, especially when they back up the talk?
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #69
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,851
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Is it really arrogance when, in fact, you are better than everyone else? Isn't it just a statement of fact?
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #70
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Tom bradys in a different class of arrogance. He literally is an asshole. Every QB has to be confident as others have already mentioned. You can't have a QB out there saying "I think I'm ok" so every QB has that. What makes Tom Brady different from manning is he's a prick.

Examples: Anthony Smith of the Steelers said he guaranteed that the Steelers were going to beat the then undefeated patriots. Tom Brady was throwing TD passes left and right and instead of just letting his play do the talking, he has to walk up and rub it into the face of smith that they were kicking their ass.

Super Bowl XLII- before the game is played plaxico burress predicts the Giants would win 21-17. Brady, instead of giving the typically QB answer of something along the lines of "I like that he's confident, were going to go out there and prove him wrong; it should be an exciting game," likes to throw out a little asshole prick jab which was "Hahaha we're only going to score 17 points?!?! Okay Plax. Is he playing defense?!?" Overly cocky (not just cocky) and an douchebag comment. Please show me a star QB doing this. Did Montana do this or Steve Young? Don't think so.

Prior to that super bowl I can also add in that Eli, being the nice guy he is, wants to shake toms hand, tom just looks at him and turns the other way like a prick. I remember our own QB RG3 saying "Quarterbacks don't go against Quarterbacks" so maybe Tom should have just shaken his hand since Eli wasn't playing defense and other QBs shake hands. Its little arrogant crap like this Tom has done over the years that builds up in not just the fans mind, because there is a large base of people who hate Tom Brady, but theres also all that respect that people like analysts, the media and coaches have given tom brady over his 12 year career that has gone to his head, which makes him feel like he's in a different class and can get away with little crap like this, which I have yet to see a Manning do, or Brees, or Ryan, or Flacco or Schaub.

And then theres whinning to the refs because he got bumped right after a throw. Before I go on, yes all QBs complain, but theirs complaining and theres whining. Tom Brady whines like a kid (stomping his feet, throwing his arms all over the place, yelling at the ref like the refs his dumb kid or something) I wish I had youtube clips of tom Brady whining to the officials, especially the most recent one against San Fran when he screamed at the ref and spiked the ball and got in the refs face.

He already has two rules made for him for crying out loud! Tuck rule and you can't tap/hit/press against, the QB below the waste or else. Whats mannings rule? Whats Brees's rule? Whats Rodgers rule? What are all the other QBs in the leagues rules that have been created of recent?

My god if Tom Brady was just confident like the other QBs, he would have so much respect from a wide majority of fans. But its all these little things that add up and separate tom from liked to douchebag in many fans eyes.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #71
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,364
What has Tom ever done to be considered an ass hole or jerk? Seriously what has he ever said lol
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #72
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,552
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Man, sounds like a henhouse up in here. Whether he's an asshole or not who cares? The guy is a winner and that's all that really counts.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #73
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,471
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

I've always considered Tom sort of.....mild mannered considering he may be the best QB playing the game and sporting one of the hottest women on Earth. Did I mention incredibly wealthy.......
Or did he quietly become T.O. when I wasn't looking?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #74
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Sooooo anyways

How about dem games. What's everybody got planned. Is it even something to watch, with the Redskins out? I imagine I will.

The more I think about the 49ers Falcons game the more I think it will have an indirect effect on our season next year. The 49ers are running our ideal offense if Griff is healthy, and the Falcons have faced parts of it 4 times against Cam, plus us and Seattle this year. If there is any defense that is going to lay out the game tape that defenses are going watch and stop this "college gimicky" offense (so tired of those phrases), this is going to be it. Falcons DE Abraham probably won't be at full speed, but most defenses aren't going to have a guy as good as him anyway.

Ravens Pats ought to be a close nailbiter if past history is any indication. So, even I don't really want either to win, I suppose it will draw me to it.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #75
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Man, sounds like a henhouse up in here. Whether he's an asshole or not who cares? The guy is a winner and that's all that really counts.
True that. As Hines ward and James farrior said when Roethlisberger was accused of rape, the players said all that we care about is football, the personal stuff doesn't effect us.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30022 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25