Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Who Will Meet In the Super Bowl?
Falcons vs. Ravens 4 7.55%
Falcons vs. Patriots 8 15.09%
49ers vs. Ravens 14 26.42%
49ers vs. Patriots 27 50.94%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #76
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,240
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
And Eli called himself elite.


First Eli never called himself elite,he was ask in an interveiw "do you consider youself in the same group as Peyton ,Tom Brady,and Breeze all elite QBs and he said yes."And he is,other than Brady who else has 2 super bowl wins to their credit out there playing right now?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #77
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 768
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
First Eli never called himself elite,he was ask in an interveiw "do you consider youself in the same group as Peyton ,Tom Brady,and Breeze all elite QBs and he said yes."And he is,other than Brady who else has 2 super bowl wins to their credit out there playing right now?
Rothlisberger...

And I have the same problem with putting Ben in the Elite category as I do for Eli. They are both inconsistent and they have both had defenses that played huge roles in their teams success.

Eli has proven that he can play like the elites. He has done it twice for approx. 10-12 game stretches, and the giants won two SB's. But other than those two runs, Eli is too inconsistent to be given elite status imo.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #78
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,348
There is only 2 Elite QBs and that's Brady and PM.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #79
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,240
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Rothlisberger...

And I have the same problem with putting Ben in the Elite category as I do for Eli. They are both inconsistent and they have both had defenses that played huge roles in their teams success.

Eli has proven that he can play like the elites. He has done it twice for approx. 10-12 game stretches, and the giants won two SB's. But other than those two runs, Eli is too inconsistent to be given elite status imo.
yup Big Ben(how the hell did I forget him?),yet people think Peyton is elite while he has only gone to the super bowl once.I think 8 times he has pulled a 1 and done.aren't the playoffs suppose to be when you're elite?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #80
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 768
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
yup Big Ben(how the hell did I forget him?),yet people think Peyton is elite while he has only gone to the super bowl once.I think 8 times he has pulled a 1 and done.aren't the playoffs suppose to be when you're elite?
Im not going to lie, I have called Peyton Elite plenty before but am second guessing that as the years go on, definitely Elite in the regular season, but playoffs is looking different. Eli has shown that when he is on his game, he deals with playoff pressure better than Peyton. And as they say, your legacy is built in the playoffs.

Having said that, I personally dont think Peyton has ever had a great defense, except this year in Denver, and they played terrible against the Ravens in their lone playoff game. Cant help but think if Peyton had a playoff caliber Def actually play like a playoff caliber Def during the playoffs, whether he wouldnt have at least one more himself.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #81
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,950
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Im not going to lie, I have called Peyton Elite plenty before but am second guessing that as the years go on, definitely Elite in the regular season, but playoffs is looking different. Eli has shown that when he is on his game, he deals with playoff pressure better than Peyton. And as they say, your legacy is built in the playoffs.

Having said that, I personally dont think Peyton has ever had a great defense, except this year in Denver, and they played terrible against the Ravens in their lone playoff game. Cant help but think if Peyton had a playoff caliber Def actually play like a playoff caliber Def during the playoffs, whether he wouldnt have at least one more himself.
Peyton Manning is still an elite quarterback. Him and Brady are both most likely going down as top 5 quarterbacks of all time.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #82
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,892
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
First Eli never called himself elite,he was ask in an interveiw "do you consider youself in the same group as Peyton ,Tom Brady,and Breeze all elite QBs and he said yes."And he is,other than Brady who else has 2 super bowl wins to their credit out there playing right now?
LOL, thanks for providing an example of Eli actually calling himself elite!

Interesting, so Dan Marino, who never won a Superbowl, isn't elite by your criteria?

And no, Eli is not elite. He was lucky to be on a lucky team in '07 and '12. His own body of work doesn't hold up.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #83
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,888
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Crabtree in sex-assault investigation - SFGate
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #84
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,348
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post

It's a shame the League allows him to play.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:21 AM   #85
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
It's a shame the League allows him to play.
Why who says he is guilty? He has been accused and has not even detained; sounds like a weak case to me.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #86
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,348
It's funny because if that was you or me being in a rape investigation we wouldn't have jobs anymore. O well hope he's innocent but I'm sure he's probably guilty just like ben was
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:39 AM   #87
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,207
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
It's funny because if that was you or me being in a rape investigation we wouldn't have jobs anymore. O well hope he's innocent but I'm sure he's probably guilty just like ben was

I certainly hope our jobs wouldn't fire us over just an allegation.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:43 AM   #88
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,348
After watching the Football life on ray Lewis, I'm pulling even harder for Baltimore tomorrow and I'm a huge Brady guy but the ravens deserve that ring
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:26 AM   #89
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,842
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
After watching the Football life on ray Lewis, I'm pulling even harder for Baltimore tomorrow and I'm a huge Brady guy but the ravens deserve that ring
I wonder if it skipped over the part where Ray Lewis murdered somebody?
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #90
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,892
Re: Around the NFL: Conference Championships Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
There is only 2 Elite QBs and that's Brady and PM.
How about "Discount Double Check"?
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28129 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25