Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Darrelle Revis is up for trade per Jets owner

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #91
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,861
Re: Darrelle Revis is up for trade per Jets owner

Rak has been far from a bust. A two time Pro Bowler? Avg of almost 10 sacks per season in his first 3 years? C'mon now.

Just another example of how that term "bust" gets tossed around way too easily.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #92
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,675
Re: Darrelle Revis is up for trade per Jets owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Rak has been far from a bust. A two time Pro Bowler? Avg of almost 10 sacks per season in his first 3 years? C'mon now.

Just another example of how that term "bust" gets tossed around way too easily.

Ok Ok well maybe I'm just bitter that he hasn't been that DWare type of player but I don't think he's a Bum by any means. I just expected more from him after that great rookie yr. If Griffin's numbers go down in years 2,3 and misses all of year 4 some would call him a bust I'm sure.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #93
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,861
Re: Darrelle Revis is up for trade per Jets owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Ok Ok well maybe I'm just bitter that he hasn't been that DWare type of player but I don't think he's a Bum by any means. I just expected more from him after that great rookie yr. If Griffin's numbers go down in years 2,3 and misses all of year 4 some would call him a bust I'm sure.
Rak has been rock solid and consistent. Look at his numbers during years 1-3, practically mirror images of each other.

Brian Orakpo: Career Stats at NFL.com

So he's not D-Ware, not many guys are.

But when you have two OLB's in the 3-4 that can bring you around 10 sacks each per year like Kerrigan and Rak, that's pretty damn good.

The term bust should be reserved for guys that flat out can't play. Just a pet peeve of mine.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #94
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,675
Re: Darrelle Revis is up for trade per Jets owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Rak has been rock solid and consistent. Look at his numbers during years 1-3, practically mirror images of each other.

Brian Orakpo: Career Stats at NFL.com

So he's not D-Ware, not many guys are.

But when you have two OLB's in the 3-4 that can bring you around 10 sacks each per year like Kerrigan and Rak, that's pretty damn good.

The term bust should be reserved for guys that flat out can't play. Just a pet peeve of mine.

Your right Bust is like Maybin or Gholston. Like I said I want RAK to be there and I hope he can come back healthy and help our horrid pass rush next yr
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #95
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 27
Posts: 12,172
Re: Darrelle Revis is up for trade per Jets owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Rak has been rock solid and consistent. Look at his numbers during years 1-3, practically mirror images of each other.

Brian Orakpo: Career Stats at NFL.com

So he's not D-Ware, not many guys are.

But when you have two OLB's in the 3-4 that can bring you around 10 sacks each per year like Kerrigan and Rak, that's pretty damn good.

The term bust should be reserved for guys that flat out can't play. Just a pet peeve of mine.
Remember 2008 when Andre Carter led the Redskins with 4 sacks? Yeah, me neither. Probably because Rak has averaged almost 10 since he got here, obviously this year excluded. Rak might not be a D-Ware or Jared Allen, but if anybody here thinks we're better off without him they should feel free to examine the years when we had no pass rush.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #96
Registered User
 
44ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Fortune Teller
Posts: 2,512
Re: Darrelle Revis is up for trade per Jets owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Rak has been rock solid and consistent. Look at his numbers during years 1-3, practically mirror images of each other.

Brian Orakpo: Career Stats at NFL.com

So he's not D-Ware, not many guys are.

But when you have two OLB's in the 3-4 that can bring you around 10 sacks each per year like Kerrigan and Rak, that's pretty damn good.

The term bust should be reserved for guys that flat out can't play. Just a pet peeve of mine.
If Elvis Dumervil can do it, so can Rak.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #97
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 26
Posts: 12,574
Re: Darrelle Revis is up for trade per Jets owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Remember 2008 when Andre Carter led the Redskins with 4 sacks? Yeah, me neither. Probably because Rak has averaged almost 10 since he got here, obviously this year excluded. Rak might not be a D-Ware or Jared Allen, but if anybody here thinks we're better off without him they should feel free to examine the years when we had no pass rush.

No, lets trade him for a 4th rounder and a conditional 7th.

But seriously,

Brian Orakpo
Ryan Kerrigan
Stephen Bowen
Jarvis Jenkins
Aqib Talib
Tyrann Mathieu
Phillip Thomas/David Amerson/Xavier Rhodes/Baccari Rambo

If we can get Ray Ray Armstrong as a 5th or 6th rounder that is just gravy.

That is a good core for a defense to me
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:22 PM   #98
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,526
Re: Darrelle Revis is up for trade per Jets owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
No, lets trade him for a 4th rounder and a conditional 7th.

But seriously,

Brian Orakpo
Ryan Kerrigan
Stephen Bowen
Jarvis Jenkins
Aqib Talib
Tyrann Mathieu
Phillip Thomas/David Amerson/Xavier Rhodes/Baccari Rambo

If we can get Ray Ray Armstrong as a 5th or 6th rounder that is just gravy.

That is a good core for a defense to me
I agree just thinking of that lineup makes me think of all the great possibilities with this team.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #99
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
No, lets trade him for a 4th rounder and a conditional 7th.

But seriously,

Brian Orakpo
Ryan Kerrigan
Stephen Bowen
Jarvis Jenkins
Aqib Talib
Tyrann Mathieu
Phillip Thomas/David Amerson/Xavier Rhodes/Baccari Rambo

If we can get Ray Ray Armstrong as a 5th or 6th rounder that is just gravy.

That is a good core for a defense to me
Mathieu!!! Please be a redskin
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #100
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,469
Re: Darrelle Revis is up for trade per Jets owner

103 posts on a guy that absolutely isn't coming here. yay!

again, good player, but not for us.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #101
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,281
Re: Darrelle Revis is up for trade per Jets owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
103 posts on a guy that absolutely isn't coming here. yay!
again, good player, but not for us.
Hmmm, things being discussed ad nauseum: Free agents we aren't going to sign, draft trades we're not going to make, imaginary girl friends and puppies.

Welcome to the offseason!
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #102
Registered User
 
44ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Fortune Teller
Posts: 2,512
Re: Darrelle Revis is up for trade per Jets owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Hmmm, things being discussed ad nauseum: Free agents we aren't going to sign, draft trades we're not going to make, imaginary girl friends and puppies.

Welcome to the offseason!
I like puppies...
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #103
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Hmmm, things being discussed ad nauseum: Free agents we aren't going to sign, draft trades we're not going to make, imaginary girl friends and puppies.

Welcome to the offseason!
considering we are not discussing:
coaches we should fire
our owner under cutting our head coach a la dallas
circus show news reports a la NYJ
Shanny with an RG3 tattoo
how we traded up to the 10th spot to take a qb then got our HC fired the next season.

I think I am ok with the threads going on. Its a good time to be a skins fan!
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #104
Camp Scrub
 
RGIII10/ALMO46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10
Re: Darrelle Revis is up for trade per Jets owner

We will win back most of that 18 million, they have no ground to stand on. no judge would let this happen in his courtroom. If Revis is available and Danny wants him, he will be a Redskin, for better or worse
RGIII10/ALMO46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #105
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Darrelle Revis is up for trade per Jets owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGIII10/ALMO46 View Post
We will win back most of that 18 million, they have no ground to stand on. no judge would let this happen in his courtroom. If Revis is available and Danny wants him, he will be a Redskin, for better or worse
Someone had their serving of optimism flakes this morning.

/pisses in them.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29640 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25