Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


A question for all Redskins fans.....

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #46
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,084
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
I hope you're right; the NFL is a chess game and can be very back and forth. And I have confidence in our coaches to keep up with design, but the competition out there is stiff.

There are other elements to consider of course: how much more conservative with the Shanny's be considering the fear of another RGIII injury? On the other hand, how much of the playbook did they not open up last year because he was a rookie? It really could go either way. I'm not predicting that opposing defenses will figure out ways to limit our offense, but is a concern.
Im completely on the other side, I think its an advantage. Sure pistol read option brought something new to the game for D cordinators to work on, but we ran it flawlessly. It does nothing but put significant stress on defenses in every way, game planning and executing on the field. Im blown away how people are putting a negative spin on this.

Do people seriously think this is the only offense RG3 can run?

Becoming a more pocket passer is a natural progression for any rookie, young QB in the league. Reading defenses, getting timing and rhythm with recievers, advance throwing techniques such as the back shoulder, pocket awareness, etc...all these will improve with experience. Its not hard to see RG3 has the capacity and drive to improve. We will see obviously more pocket passing this year.

Also across multiple threads I keep reading as if RG3's injury is career ending. The guy will come back next year, please chill on this sh*t. Injuries are a part of the game.
__________________
Ditka for President

Last edited by Chico23231; 01-29-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #47
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,026
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
You really need to try a little harder.

Get in line. I'm still trying to get him to explain this.



Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Cunningham and Young were much larger/stouter athletes.
Randall Cunningham - 6'4" 215lbs.

Steve Young - 6'2" 215lbs.

Robert Griffin III- 6'2" 217lbs.




Much larger/stouter? Am I missing something here?
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #48
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,564
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Get in line. I'm still trying to get him to explain this.
Good luck with that. I'm sure you'll hear crickets.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #49
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
Agreed. Look, this is an anecdotal observation with practically zero medical support, but I'll say it anyway: I think the initial hit Griffin took to his knee is, if anything, an indication that the man is NOT injury prone. There are some players who can't avoid a knee injury stepping out of bed (Brandon Merriweather, for example). Some players just break easily. The hit Griffin took was nasty and bent his knee something awful, yet the initial injury could have been a lot worse. I think in a lot of guys that would have been a much more significant injury. Of course, as I said, that's with very little medical knowledge on my behalf. But I'm just saying, I think he's resilient.
Absolutely. He played a lot of snaps between the initial knee shot and the surgery, some very effectively. He even got us a 14-point lead in the playoffs on one leg basically. There's a point where no man could keep going and he finally reached it, but up until that point, he showed he's tougher than anyone in football.

His training and work ethic is also impressive and he'll be back like this never happened.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #50
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Get in line. I'm still trying to get him to explain this.
I still do not understand why so many people call him small. 6'2" is not a midget like people make him out to be. He's not fragile-looking either, I've seen him up close in person. He walked right in front of me several times and I was really impressed by his build and how muscular he was. RGIII is a solidly-built, world-class athlete.

Yet, people say he needs to add weight or call him short. Sure, beside Tyler Polumbus and Logan Paulsen, anyone looks small.

__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #51
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,709
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Agreed MD. Dude is built.

He looks small to guys who are 6-4 260 and above. He will come back fine. I believe the guy will be around for years. If a guy like JC can survive in this league for 7+ years then RG III will still be here in his 30s. He is 23 this year.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #52
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,026
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

This is exactly why you can't bring Fletcher back at a 7.5 mil price tag.


https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...d-linebackers/


Even a restructure isn't going to work because you dont' want to push money into the future on a 38 year old dude.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #53
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,876
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
This is exactly why you can't bring Fletcher back at a 7.5 mil price tag.


https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...d-linebackers/


Even a restructure isn't going to work because you dont' want to push money into the future on a 38 year old dude.
Who would be his replacement? Better hope there is some one in the draft that can start immediately.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #54
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,810
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Why does everyone always forget about Keenan Robinson?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #55
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,876
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Why does everyone always forget about Keenan Robinson?
Is that the linebacker the Redskins are banking on to replace Fletcher?
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #56
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,084
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Why does everyone always forget about Keenan Robinson?
So this dude is penciled in as the heir to Fletch? I mean, thats cool, he really didnt go out there and impress.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:15 PM   #57
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 721
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
This is exactly why you can't bring Fletcher back at a 7.5 mil price tag.


https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...d-linebackers/


Even a restructure isn't going to work because you dont' want to push money into the future on a 38 year old dude.
This is a pretty misleading stat imo. It doesnt take into account that most linebackers had help. Our corners needed our safeties and our safeties were busy messing up putting more strain on the LB's. How many times did we see Fletcher or Riley on coverage that most teams would have a safety assigned to?

How many times do other teams stop that stat for players on their team? Such as being in 3 and 7 or longer a lot as opposed to being in 3rd and 1 or 2 all the time. If a 3rd and 7 has a pass completed to a TE that a LB is covering and a safety stops him at 6 yards, it makes this completely strange metric look a whole lot different. Yet says nothing about the play of a LB on the field when comparing two separate LB's. In fact, its an easy metric to score the wrong way. Take my example above. 3rd and 7 and the LB gets beat but gets saved by a safety. 3rd and 1 and the LB has very tight coverage but the pass is complete. He still makes an immediate tackle for a 2 yard gain. That metric has the LB who was lost in left field and got saved by a safety as the better player over a LB in a difficult coverage who got beat for a whole 2 yards but ultimately made his own tackle.

Any metric that takes team stats to rate bad players as good and good players as bad should probably just be ignored.

Now, if you want to have the debate over whether London should be cut, thats fine. But I dont think the proof should be that our secondary was terrible and made our MLB's our main pass defenders. If thats the case, we should look at the secondary first before the LB's.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #58
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,876
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
This is a pretty misleading stat imo. It doesnt take into account that most linebackers had help. Our corners needed our safeties and our safeties were busy messing up putting more strain on the LB's. How many times did we see Fletcher or Riley on coverage that most teams would have a safety assigned to?

How many times do other teams stop that stat for players on their team? Such as being in 3 and 7 or longer a lot as opposed to being in 3rd and 1 or 2 all the time. If a 3rd and 7 has a pass completed to a TE that a LB is covering and a safety stops him at 6 yards, it makes this completely strange metric look a whole lot different. Yet says nothing about the play of a LB on the field when comparing two separate LB's. In fact, its an easy metric to score the wrong way. Take my example above. 3rd and 7 and the LB gets beat but gets saved by a safety. 3rd and 1 and the LB has very tight coverage but the pass is complete. He still makes an immediate tackle for a 2 yard gain. That metric has the LB who was lost in left field and got saved by a safety as the better player over a LB in a difficult coverage who got beat for a whole 2 yards but ultimately made his own tackle.

Any metric that takes team stats to rate bad players as good and good players as bad should probably just be ignored.

Now, if you want to have the debate over whether London should be cut, thats fine. But I dont think the proof should be that our secondary was terrible and made our MLB's our main pass defenders. If thats the case, we should look at the secondary first before the LB's.
Also a big flaw with the stat is it does not seem to take into account 3 down linebackers vs 2 down linebackers. I still think Fletcher had a great year but I do think he showed signs of his age.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #59
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Why does everyone always forget about Keenan Robinson?
Why didn't you read post #23?
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #60
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,564
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So this dude is penciled in as the heir to Fletch? I mean, thats cool, he really didnt go out there and impress.
He was starting to flash some before he got hurt.

The coaches are high on him.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30064 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25