Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


A question for all Redskins fans.....

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #76
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

I'm cool with Keenan Robinson but I would also trade for a Rolando McClain as insurance policy incase Keenan doesn't work out/ gets injured
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #77
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
Also a big flaw with the stat is it does not seem to take into account 3 down linebackers vs 2 down linebackers. I still think Fletcher had a great year but I do think he showed signs of his age.
At first I thought Fletch had slowed down. For the first time I saw him hit RBs (like Bradshaw) flush and the RB didn't go down. It was weird, my and my friends were taken aback when Fletcher get a bead on a RB and hits them square the go down.

But, when I read about his nagging injury and more importantly his 'balance' issues I knew it wasn't age slowing Fletch down but injuries.
Then as the season wore on he got over his balance issues and by the end of the season he was back to making plays and hitting with pop.

I would welcome Fletch back with open arms, he would be worth every penny.
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #78
Registered User
 
44ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Fortune Teller
Posts: 2,512
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
The defense always tries to take the QB's head off. That's not unique to Griffin.
Right, but there is supposed to be a penalty for leading with your head or hitting the QB in the head. Griffin never draws a flag when hit in this way.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #79
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,549
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

If RG3 is ready for the start of the season, and can start at least 14 games, I can definitely see the Redskins making the playoffs. However, if he gets injured, it's a completely different story. While I agree with Rich Tandler that Cousins is a good quarterback, the Redskins need RG3 to create confusion on defenses and that really helps Alfred Morris with the ground game. The Redskins are a good team, so they should be playoff contenders for a long time to come.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #80
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,519
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
Right, but there is supposed to be a penalty for leading with your head or hitting the QB in the head. Griffin never draws a flag when hit in this way.
Once the QB leaves the pocket he's fair game as a runner.

Griffin needs to give himself up quicker when sliding. On bang-bang plays you often don't get that call unless its really obvious.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #81
Registered User
 
44ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Fortune Teller
Posts: 2,512
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
If RG3 is ready for the start of the season, and can start at least 14 games, I can definitely see the Redskins making the playoffs. However, if he gets injured, it's a completely different story. While I agree with Rich Tandler that Cousins is a good quarterback, the Redskins need RG3 to create confusion on defenses and that really helps Alfred Morris with the ground game. The Redskins are a good team, so they should be playoff contenders for a long time to come.
Don't you know Cousins is the future?
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #82
Registered User
 
44ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Fortune Teller
Posts: 2,512
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Once the QB leaves the pocket he's fair game as a runner.

Griffin needs to give himself up quicker when sliding. On bang-bang plays you often don't get that call unless its really obvious.
LOL, easier said than done Matt. But You're right.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #83
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,424
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

I would like us to find a leader in the secondary ( Safety ) . I think that would make our D that much better. You can never have too many corners or pass rushers. Maybe C. Minnifield or Crawford can improve and fight for a starting CB spot in the next yr or two.
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #84
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So this dude is penciled in as the heir to Fletch? I mean, thats cool, he really didnt go out there and impress.
He looked terrible in Dallas. That's all I remember about him from the season.

I'm sure he'll be as good as Fletch though. Defense shouldn't skip a beat. (sarcasm)
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #85
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
He set the rookie record.

You still lose.
It's the team that loses (if RG remains a running QB). I'm looking at the forest through the trees. Have no idea what you're looking at.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #86
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,519
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
It's the team that loses (if RG remains a running QB). I'm looking at the forest through the trees. Have no idea what you're looking at.
I agree he needs to run less (and be more smart about it when he does), but that's more on him and not a function of the offense. They cut way back on the designed runs as the season went on.

I still think it's ridiculous to think he's going to play less than 5 years. That's how this started and you've been skirting around it since.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #87
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,970
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Lorenzo Alexander is another possibility as an inside linebacker...though I personally don't see it
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #88
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I agree he needs to run less (and be more smart about it when he does), but that's more on him and not a function of the offense. They cut way back on the designed runs as the season went on.

I still think it's ridiculous to think he's going to play less than 5 years. That's how this started and you've been skirting around it since.
Huh? If nothing changes i.e. he continues to take the same level of punishment, I totally expect he's a five year starter at best and that's with time missed similar to what we've already seen. Is that what you're asking?
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #89
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Lorenzo Alexander is another possibility as an inside linebacker...though I personally don't see it
Rob Jackson is a better candidate IMO, assuming Rak is retained.

Sounds like you don't expect London to be on the roster?
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #90
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,970
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Rob Jackson is a better candidate IMO, assuming Rak is retained.

Sounds like you don't expect London to be on the roster?
Rob Jackson, inside? Doubt that

Not to evade the question, but I honestly think he's 50-50 right now
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26451 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25