Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


A question for all Redskins fans.....

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #106
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,561
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Here's why Jackson at MLB makes little sense...

Q: what’s the likelihood of an OLB transitioning successfully to MLB. Could Rob Jackson fill that hole? Dude had 3ints this yr. — @themoshe

JK: Depends on the player; Lorenzo Alexander did it but as a backup and not in a full-time role. For Jackson? No way. He did a nice job making plays but he would not be considered a good cover linebacker by any means. He did a terrific job on the picks, but playing in coverage is a big weakness and to move inside would require a major improvement in this area. (He’d also have to lose about 20 pounds). I can’t imagine him covering tight ends or backs. It’s safe to say the coaches would not want to see that either. You’d also need him to re-learn the defense from an inside ‘backer’s perspective and I think that would take time for him.

Redskins Mailbag Feb. 1: Ask John | WashingtonExaminer.com
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #107
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

WE can still make the playoffs, just depends on how Cousins adjusts to being the starter for most if not all of next season. RGIII has no business playing football for the 2013 season if I had anything to do with it. They should "Strauss" his butt next season. I know I will get flack for that, but he is going to miss most of the season anyway, why risk anything at all?
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:31 AM   #108
Special Teams
 
SCRedskinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 462
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
WE can still make the playoffs, just depends on how Cousins adjusts to being the starter for most if not all of next season. RGIII has no business playing football for the 2013 season if I had anything to do with it. They should "Strauss" his butt next season. I know I will get flack for that, but he is going to miss most of the season anyway, why risk anything at all?
OK here's the beginning of the flak.

What evidence or expertise do you have to say that "RGIII has no business playing football for thr 2013 season"? You specialize in rehab of knees, are you an MD with an orthopedic specialty? My guess is that, at most you stayed in a Holiday Inn Express at some point. Stop talking out of your a--.

I assume your reference to Strauss was for Steven Strasburg. Yeah, that makes sense, compare a shoulder injury for a baseball pitcher to a torn up knee by a football player. Brilliant.

And has anybody, any expert, you know, someone that actually knows what they're talking about recommended that RG will "miss the season" as you suggest? I think not. So stop making baseless statements about what RG will or will not do next season and wait with the rest of us to see how his rehab progresses...
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:38 AM   #109
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,208
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
WE can still make the playoffs, just depends on how Cousins adjusts to being the starter for most if not all of next season. RGIII has no business playing football for the 2013 season if I had anything to do with it. They should "Strauss" his butt next season. I know I will get flack for that, but he is going to miss most of the season anyway, why risk anything at all?
Robert's knee rehab is ahead of schedule. We still don't know how much time he'll miss if any. He's been off crutches for 2 weeks and is doing fine. It's only February now and the 2013 NFL season kicks off in September so that could prove a long time for him to heal. Cousins has already brought the Redskins back in a come from behind win in one game and started another game. We all know he can start....after all he was a 4 year team captain at Michigan State.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #110
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Things are bound to change between now and the season, but right now I think our success for 2013 will depend on 50% RG's status, 25% London's status, 20% division quality and 5% other.

If RG doesn't "feel" healthy it could be worse than starting Cousins. If London is done the defense will suffer badly. And in 2012 we benefited from all the other NFCE teams having lousy seasons for one reason or another, what's gonna happen if they all improve i.e. play to the level of their talent and without a crazy string of injuries like the Eagles and Cowboys experienced? If three of those go badly we could be a 5-11.

If RG feels awesome and we tweak the offense to protect his health, London returns and the division has another average year we could 11-5.

Probably turns out somewhere in the middle, but hopefully more on the high end of wins.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #111
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

I can't see any (realistic) reasons why this team would be worse the 8-8/7-9, 5-11 is crazy talk(as would 14-2 be).

As for the division, Dallas and the Eagles likely will be in disarray for 1/2 a season each, the Eagles in the beginning under a new coach, and Dallas at the end, much like Wade's last season. We all know first hand how an intrusive overriding owner/gm wears down players, and Jerry is basically setting up Jason Garrett for a hard fall - not that I think he is doing it intentionally, but that will be the effect. The Giants will be their normal bipolar selves.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #112
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I can't see any (realistic) reasons why this team would be worse the 8-8/7-9, 5-11 is crazy talk(as would 14-2 be).

As for the division, Dallas and the Eagles likely will be in disarray for 1/2 a season each, the Eagles in the beginning under a new coach, and Dallas at the end, much like Wade's last season. We all know first hand how an intrusive overriding owner/gm wears down players, and Jerry is basically setting up Jason Garrett for a hard fall - not that I think he is doing it intentionally, but that will be the effect. The Giants will be their normal bipolar selves.
We were 3-6 before the defense improved, which according to reports had a lot to do with London taking on a bigger role in scheming, adjustments etc. So yeah, if it was a perfect storm of RG ailing, London donzo and a revived NFCE we could be 5-11.

Guessing the record is almost impossible right now because we have so much up in the air. I mean, we're talking about the Cowpukes and Eagles facing a touch season, but we could easily be in that same boat.

Last edited by The Goat; 02-07-2013 at 05:27 PM.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #113
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
We we're 3-6 before the defense improved, which according to reports had a lot to do with London taking on a bigger role in scheming, adjustments etc. So yeah, if it was a perfect storm of RG ailing, London donzo and a revived NFCE we could be 5-11.

Guessing the record is almost impossible right now because we have so much up in the air. I mean, we're talking about the Cowpukes and Eagles facing a touch season, but we could easily be in that same boat.
No, we couldn't-not easily. The Eagles are bringing in a whole new coaching staff with 0 yrs NFL experience. The Cowboys are switching from 3-4 to 4-3 with a Bingo caller for the co-ordinator and a head coach who is having his playcalling duties taken from him. We were in that situation 3 years ago. After the 3-6 start we went 7-0, including 5-0 in division. We are going into the 3rd full year of a rebuild, we have a solid qb situation, our defense will be healthier. Of course anything can happen, but to say we could easily be in the same boat is a pretty hard sell.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #114
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,042
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I can't see any (realistic) reasons why this team would be worse the 8-8/7-9, 5-11 is crazy talk(as would 14-2 be).

As for the division, Dallas and the Eagles likely will be in disarray for 1/2 a season each, the Eagles in the beginning under a new coach, and Dallas at the end, much like Wade's last season. We all know first hand how an intrusive overriding owner/gm wears down players, and Jerry is basically setting up Jason Garrett for a hard fall - not that I think he is doing it intentionally, but that will be the effect. The Giants will be their normal bipolar selves.
14-2 is crazy talk. We're going 16-0.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #115
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
14-2 is crazy talk. We're going 16-0.
Well yeah! that's what I meant of course
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #116
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Well there is always the possibility of the Sophmore slump so I'm not trying to get my hopes up. I has us at 8-8 here and on paper 9-7. They exceeded my expectations so I'm happy. As long as the team is competative and is not far off from this years ending then I'll be happy. Improvement would be great.

After these next two years MS moves to the front office job and allows his son to take over as HC and the team has finally gotten a decent formula together again, Allen, MS, KS, and a young talented coached winning team with excellent guidance from MS.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #117
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
WE can still make the playoffs, just depends on how Cousins adjusts to being the starter for most if not all of next season. RGIII has no business playing football for the 2013 season if I had anything to do with it. They should "Strauss" his butt next season. I know I will get flack for that, but he is going to miss most of the season anyway, why risk anything at all?
I'm not sure what the answer is, but I see it as when the doctors clear him and say he's ready to play then he should start. The big question is will that be in time for the season or will it come game #2 or will it be game #15?

I'm the type of person who likes to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Make plans for Cousins to start, I'd also draft another elusive QB if possible one that has played in the spread offense in case Cousins is not getting it done and so we don't have to put up with Grossman. 3 young QB's can't be that bad to have.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #118
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Things are bound to change between now and the season, but right now I think our success for 2013 will depend on 50% RG's status, 25% London's status, 20% division quality and 5% other.

If RG doesn't "feel" healthy it could be worse than starting Cousins. If London is done the defense will suffer badly. And in 2012 we benefited from all the other NFCE teams having lousy seasons for one reason or another, what's gonna happen if they all improve i.e. play to the level of their talent and without a crazy string of injuries like the Eagles and Cowboys experienced? If three of those go badly we could be a 5-11.

If RG feels awesome and we tweak the offense to protect his health, London returns and the division has another average year we could 11-5.

Probably turns out somewhere in the middle, but hopefully more on the high end of wins.
RG3 is the key for offense.

Fletcher is the key for the defense-however, I thought the guy who filled in for him a time or two when he had to sit out a play or half a game did admirably.

Right now I'm more concerned with who the team picks up at ST coach and who becomes the new WR coach.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #119
Registered User
 
RGIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 626
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

I can't wait for the draft. Gonna order some publications this weekend.
RGIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #120
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: A question for all Redskins fans.....

[QUOTE=SBXVII;993619]RG3 is the key for offense.

Fletcher is the key for the defense-however, I thought the guy who filled in for him a time or two when he had to sit out a play or half a game did admirably.

Right now I'm more concerned with who the team picks up at ST coach and who becomes the new WR coach.[/QUOTE]

Did I miss something?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30358 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25