Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Gays in the NFL. How Do You Really Feel?

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #31
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 13,119
Re: Gays in the NFL. How Do You Really Feel?

There's a thin line between free speech and hate speech.

Just because he said what he was thinking means people are well within their rights to call him an effing insensitive discriminatory idiot.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

Watching this team with RG3 is like watching a body reject a transplanted organ. It just ain't gonna take." - HTTR

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #32
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,756
Re: Gays in the NFL. How Do You Really Feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
All he really said is that he didn't want gays in his locker room. I'm sure their are plenty of men who would not feel comfortable walking around nude with a gay in the same bathroom. What happend to his right to free speech.


Jackie Robinson faced the same sort of speeches that this idiot delivered. Nobody said he didn't have a right to say what he thought, but the 49ers and any other organization has the right to act as they see fit as well.


Free speech doesn't mean their aren't consequences. If you don't believe me, try some of that "free speech" with your wife and see how that works out.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #33
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,874
Re: Gays in the NFL. How Do You Really Feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Jackie Robinson faced the same sort of speeches that this idiot delivered. Nobody said he didn't have a right to say what he thought, but the 49ers and any other organization has the right to act as they see fit as well.


Free speech doesn't mean their aren't consequences. If you don't believe me, try some of that "free speech" with your wife and see how that works out.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #34
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,381
Re: Gays in the NFL. How Do You Really Feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
There's a thin line between free speech and hate speech.

Just because he said what he was thinking means people are well within their rights to call him an effing insensitive discriminatory idiot.
"Hate Speech"? Sorry, didn't realize the thought police were on the patrol.

You, and most of the US adult population, disagree with what he said - but, he is free to say it. You, in turn, are free to call him an ass. To him, or others, however, calling folks with a different viewpoint from yours "an effing insensitive discriminatory idiot" might also qualify as "Hate Speech".

Free speech is free speech and with it you are, in general, free to use hateful speech, unkind speech, vulgar speech, pretty speech, politically correct speech or any of plethora of adjectives you wish to put in front of "speech".

Sorry, the misuse, abuse and misunderstanding of the term "free speech" is a big pet peeve of mine. It is too important a concept to so cavalierly compartmentalized.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #35
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,381
Re: Gays in the NFL. How Do You Really Feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Free speech doesn't mean their aren't consequences.
What he said.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #36
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 13,119
Re: Gays in the NFL. How Do You Really Feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
"Hate Speech"? Sorry, didn't realize the thought police were on the patrol.

You, and most of the US adult population, disagree with what he said - but, he is free to say it. You, in turn, are free to call him an ass. To him, or others, however, calling folks with a different viewpoint from yours "an effing insensitive discriminatory idiot" might also qualify as "Hate Speech".

Free speech is free speech and with it you are, in general, free to use hateful speech, unkind speech, vulgar speech, pretty speech, politically correct speech or any of plethora of adjectives you wish to put in front of "speech".

Sorry, the misuse, abuse and misunderstanding of the term "free speech" is a big pet peeve of mine. It is too important a concept to so cavalierly compartmentalized.
Just so you know, I have nothing against idiots. In fact, I know quite a few.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

Watching this team with RG3 is like watching a body reject a transplanted organ. It just ain't gonna take." - HTTR

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #37
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 10,245
Re: Gays in the NFL. How Do You Really Feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Jackie Robinson faced the same sort of speeches that this idiot delivered. Nobody said he didn't have a right to say what he thought, but the 49ers and any other organization has the right to act as they see fit as well.


Free speech doesn't mean their aren't consequences. If you don't believe me, try some of that "free speech" with your wife and see how that works out.
FYI... race and sexuality/ sexual preference are two different animals.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #38
Registered User
 
44ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Fortune Teller
Posts: 2,512
Re: Gays in the NFL. How Do You Really Feel?

A "man" who likes to have sex with other men should NOT be allowed in a locker room with strait men.

Last edited by 44ever; 01-30-2013 at 10:11 PM.
44ever is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #39
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 13,119
Re: Gays in the NFL. How Do You Really Feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
FYI... race and sexuality/ sexual preference are two different animals.
Not quite. They're both something that people tend to have no control over. Granted, I don't believe that there's any solid scientific evidence that points towards people being "born" gay, but you can't control your sexual orientation anymore than you can your race.

Have you ever tried to find a guy sexually attractive? Yeah... Pretty impossible. Just like at the end of the day, I can't wish myself white. (Not that I've tried)
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

Watching this team with RG3 is like watching a body reject a transplanted organ. It just ain't gonna take." - HTTR

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 PM   #40
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,148
Re: Gays in the NFL. How Do You Really Feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
A "man" who likes to have sex with other men should be allowed in a locker room with strait men.
Why the quotation marks?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #41
Playmaker
 
redskins5044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Schertz, Tx
Age: 36
Posts: 3,223
Re: Gays in the NFL. How Do You Really Feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
A "man" who likes to have sex with other men should NOT be allowed in a locker room with strait men.
Why not? Female reporters are allowed in there, also me being in the military gay men can openly serve now. In deployed locations overseas they room with straight men and use the same shower facilities as straight men.
__________________
Spider 2 Y Banana Jr. is the new Head Coach.
redskins5044 is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #42
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 13,119
Re: Gays in the NFL. How Do You Really Feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins5044 View Post
Why not? Female reporters are allowed in there, also me being in the military gay men can openly serve now. In deployed locations overseas they room with straight men and use the same shower facilities as straight men.
People are under this warped perspective that because a gay man likes to have sex with other gay men, that this must jeopardize the hegemonic heterosexual male.

Excuse me, I must go out and rip apart phone books with my bare hands and plow the hottest woman in the room to assert my masculinity!
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

Watching this team with RG3 is like watching a body reject a transplanted organ. It just ain't gonna take." - HTTR

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #43
Registered User
 
44ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Fortune Teller
Posts: 2,512
Re: Gays in the NFL. How Do You Really Feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Why the quotation marks?
I wont get into the specifics on here out of respect for the Warpath but the quotations obviously state my opinion on the matter.
44ever is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:32 PM   #44
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,148
Re: Gays in the NFL. How Do You Really Feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
I wont get into the specifics on here out of respect for the Warpath but the quotations obviously state my opinion on the matter.
Well I had relied to your post before you added "NOT"
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:34 PM   #45
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,148
Re: Gays in the NFL. How Do You Really Feel?

Historically speaking I don't think any team has had more gay players than the Redskins
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26962 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25