Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #301
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,573
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs.
still rather see Beyonce shaking that fat ass with the TV on mute
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #302
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,344
I still don't understand what was so bad about Beyonce dancing? She was well covered up IMO. Yeah she was shaking her ass but let's be honest she should be with an ass like that
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #303
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,573
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I still don't understand what was so bad about Beyonce dancing? She was well covered up IMO. Yeah she was shaking her ass but let's be honest she should be with an ass like that
Right, this is where I become offended if she is not.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #304
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,830
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Your not a moderator just a person who complains about everything in the wold so STFU I was not talking to you. And PS I don't allow my child to watch that crap and I should not have to screen a SB halftime show.
This has to be a early April Fools joke. FD taking the moral high ground.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #305
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

I was not trying to be morals cop I personally don't care what people do. What I was saying is that they could have picked a better act for this event. Not sure if young kids need to be watching a woman grinding and shaking her ass at half time. Maybe its only because my wife said "so much for the family event" but that's just the way it hit me. Its the same reason we don't watch any of the major networks after 8 when our daughter is still up.
firstdown is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #306
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,801
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs.
I understand it's about ratings, eyeballs on the tv set, advertisers, money and so on. I get that cause I'm in the ad business. But for my taste, and this is just me, I don't want to see all the 1/2 hour concerts with Beyonce, Madonna, Janet Jackson's tit coming out and what not, Ashley Simpson sounding like she swallowed a frog...it's just not what I need for a football game. But again..that's just me and I understand very well that it's not just a normal game.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #307
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,801
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I was not trying to be morals cop I personally don't care what people do. What I was saying is that they could have picked a better act for this event. Not sure if young kids need to be watching a woman grinding and shaking her ass at half time. Maybe its only because my wife said "so much for the family event" but that's just the way it hit me. Its the same reason we don't watch any of the major networks after 8 when our daughter is still up.
In today's world you can't get away from it. Sex is everywhere. I can't imagine what it would be like having to explain what a Viagra or Cialis ad is about. lol.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #308
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
In today's world you can't get away from it. Sex is everywhere. I can't imagine what it would be like having to explain what a Viagra or Cialis ad is about. lol.
You just tell them to ask mom.
firstdown is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #309
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,830
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I was not trying to be morals cop I personally don't care what people do. What I was saying is that they could have picked a better act for this event. Not sure if young kids need to be watching a woman grinding and shaking her ass at half time. Maybe its only because my wife said "so much for the family event" but that's just the way it hit me. Its the same reason we don't watch any of the major networks after 8 when our daughter is still up.
I hear you and see your point. I think the Go Daddy commercial with the kissing was over the top. IMO.

Goes back to the gay's in the NFL thread. Everyone has a threshold. I didn't think the halftime cross mine but the go Daddy Ad did. At least as far as my 4.5 year old son watching it.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #310
Registered User
 
44ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Fortune Teller
Posts: 2,512
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I was not trying to be morals cop I personally don't care what people do. What I was saying is that they could have picked a better act for this event. Not sure if young kids need to be watching a woman grinding and shaking her ass at half time. Maybe its only because my wife said "so much for the family event" but that's just the way it hit me. Its the same reason we don't watch any of the major networks after 8 when our daughter is still up.
Agree 100% I had to tell my young daughter, "thats not the way a lady is supposed to act in front of other people, I don't care what she does for a living". Unless of course she is a whore.

Unfortunately, we as a society think the only way we can be more "modern or advanced" than the previous generation is to accept a way of life with lower standards and morals. You would think if mankind were truly moving forward, it would be the other way around.

We are being taught (mostly by the media) and in schools also that the modern way of being considered civilized is to be tolerant, thats the problem! No Standards or Morals and no Conscience for what's Right and Wrong.

Then we wonder why our youth are so screwed up today...
44ever is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #311
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,237
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I was not trying to be morals cop I personally don't care what people do. What I was saying is that they could have picked a better act for this event. Not sure if young kids need to be watching a woman grinding and shaking her ass at half time. Maybe its only because my wife said "so much for the family event" but that's just the way it hit me. Its the same reason we don't watch any of the major networks after 8 when our daughter is still up.


I don't know you daughter's age but do you change the channel during the commercials?I have three girls myself(all grown now) and the things I thought they should'nt see ,they already new about ,I was the one uncomfortable with watching it with them, they were fine.
Remember when parents thought the same way about Elvis?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #312
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I don't know you daughter's age but do you change the channel during the commercials?I have three girls myself(all grown now) and the things I thought they should'nt see ,they already new about ,I was the one uncomfortable with watching it with them, they were fine.
Remember when parents thought the same way about Elvis?
We no you don't have any morals your a Giants fan. LMAO
firstdown is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #313
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,876
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I hear you and see your point. I think the Go Daddy commercial with the kissing was over the top. IMO.

Goes back to the gay's in the NFL thread. Everyone has a threshold. I didn't think the halftime cross mine but the go Daddy Ad did. At least as far as my 4.5 year old son watching it.
I'd worry more about the commercials then the half-time show.
1) Commercials are "random", you don't know which one is coming so your kids may or may not be around when it comes on. The halftime show certainly had enough lead in that if you don't want the kids to see it, you know when to change

2) Commercials could be as soon as the game starts, I think the go-daddy crime was on before 7, certainly well before anybodies bed time. the halftime show probably came on more in the ballpark of 830, certainly you can have any aged kid go get ready for bed, brush teeth, etc etc and convienently have them miss it.

Still, if you are worried about it all, and you have a dvr, just build in a delay, and then fast forward over any commercials or parts you don't think you want your kids to see.

Ultimately there are solutions without censoring or restricting what was a decent halftime show for millions of adults who want to see that act.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #314
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,237
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
We no you don't have any morals your a Giants fan. LMAO


Well, that is one of the nicer things said of me.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #315
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I'd worry more about the commercials then the half-time show.
1) Commercials are "random", you don't know which one is coming so your kids may or may not be around when it comes on. The halftime show certainly had enough lead in that if you don't want the kids to see it, you know when to change

2) Commercials could be as soon as the game starts, I think the go-daddy crime was on before 7, certainly well before anybodies bed time. the halftime show probably came on more in the ballpark of 830, certainly you can have any aged kid go get ready for bed, brush teeth, etc etc and convienently have them miss it.

Still, if you are worried about it all, and you have a dvr, just build in a delay, and then fast forward over any commercials or parts you don't think you want your kids to see.

Ultimately there are solutions without censoring or restricting what was a decent halftime show for millions of adults who want to see that act.
I agree there are plenty of solutions just ones I feel a parent should not have to make when watching the SB. Also who wants to fast foward over the comercials that's what half the viewers watch to see.
firstdown is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.44328 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25