Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #346
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,437
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

In before the lock..........
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #347
Special Teams
 
SCRedskinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 462
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
You say you agree, but then your next sentence specifically contradicts DRave's comment.

The Superbowl is a mass appeal effort. It's not Barney, which is intended for little ones, or Spongebob which has it's audience, or 2 1/2 men which has it's audience. The SB tries to appeal across the spectrum, so if a parent thinks that they shouldn't have to worry about a show which is trying to reach over 100m different individuals, than that parent is clueless about how TV marketing works.
How about this solution:

If your kids are too young to see what this halftime show offered, it was past their bedtime anyway. 8:00pm is primetime and this was well within what is acceptable in primetime nowadays.
SCRedskinsFan is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #348
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,219
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Oh boy, I can feel a Beast Mode post coming...
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #349
Registered User
 
44ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Fortune Teller
Posts: 2,512
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I really think its the parents job to control what their kids are watching rather than the TV show being wholesome for everyone.

If your kids stumble upon a porn site are you going to blame the porn company?

The site where I watch my TV shows has ads for naked women, are you going to blame them?

Parent your kids, stop your whining and get out of here with that bs.
1. Porn sites are not part of the NFL, neither are they designed for family viewing. At least not traditional families.

2. knowing that you are a lesbian, I understand why you have no problem with the site you are watching TV on showing naked women.

3. Knowing that you are a black lesbian, I understand why you would have no problem watching Beyonce shake her ass on stage at the SB.

4. FD is parenting his kid, thats why he is stating his distaste for the halftime content in the SB. The halftime show was not appropriate.
44ever is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #350
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
1. Porn sites are not part of the NFL, neither are they designed for family viewing. At least not traditional families.

2. knowing that you are a lesbian, I understand why you have no problem with the site you are watching TV on showing naked women.

3. Knowing that you are a black lesbian, I understand why you would have no problem watching Beyonce shake her ass on stage at the SB.

4. FD is parenting his kid, thats why he is stating his distaste for the halftime content in the SB. The halftime show was not appropriate.
So are you saying that because beyonce is black that it's inappropriate that she shakes her ass? But yet Madonna dancing around last year wasn't?
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #351
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,881
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
1. Porn sites are not part of the NFL, neither are they designed for family viewing. At least not traditional families.

2. knowing that you are a black lesbian, I understand why you have no problem with the site you are watching TV on showing naked women.

3. Knowing that you are a black lesbian, I understand why you would have no problem watching Beyonce shake her ass on stage at the SB.

4. FD is parenting his kid, thats why he is stating his distaste for the halftime content in the SB. The halftime show was not appropriate.
that's a dumb response, possibly the rudest and most ignorant I've seen here. Even taking the vegetarian discussion into account.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #352
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,881
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

I somehow see DRave with a similar response (particularly the 1:00 to 1:10 part) to 44ever's comments

__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #353
Registered User
 
44ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Fortune Teller
Posts: 2,512
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
So are you saying that because beyonce is black that it's inappropriate that she shakes her ass? But yet Madonna dancing around last year wasn't?
No, How did you get that?
44ever is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #354
Registered User
 
44ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Fortune Teller
Posts: 2,512
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
that's a dumb response, possibly the rudest and most ignorant I've seen here. Even taking the vegetarian discussion into account.
Of course it is but telling FD to parent his kid is not rude at all... My intent was not to be rude but to demonstrate why she would not mind beyonce's half time show, but others did. See lesbians are attracted to women, in case you didn't know. I would assume a black lesbian woman would be attracted to a beautiful black woman, makes sense right?

Also being a woman, she would have no idea what its like being a father to a young daughter as some of us are. So by her telling FD to "parent his child and get out of here with that BS" was very rude IMO.

Lets not try and make this more than what its intent was. Veggies have nothing to do with this. Just dont like seeing FD's post shot down because it has some morals built into it.
44ever is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #355
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,219
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Never heard any of these same clowns complain about the Sunday Night Football intro with Faith Hill wearing a skirt so short, she may have just wore a T-shirt and panties.






Better yet.....none of you have a problem with these ladies who are present at each and every home game.





The ignorance on this subject is stupendous.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #356
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,881
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
Of course it is but telling FD to parent his kid is not rude at all... My intent was not to be rude but to demonstrate why she would not mind beyonce's half time show, but others did. See lesbians are attracted to women, in case you didn't know. I would assume a black lesbian woman would be attracted to a beautiful black woman, makes sense right?

Also being a woman, she would have no idea what its like being a father to a young daughter as some of us are. So by her telling FD to "parent his child and get out of here with that BS" was very rude IMO.

Lets not try and make this more than what its intent was. Veggies have nothing to do with this. Just dont like seeing FD's post shot down because it has some morals built into it.
No, FD is one portion of the superbowl audience, for him and his family, they didn't want to see the halftime show, that is fine. The point is, he was not the pure spectrum that the superbowl was intended for, and to think that they should only serve to his tastes is wrong. If they were having some sort of whacked out caligula style court orgy, then morals comes into it, but this was a mainstream america singer, dressed with enough clothes so as not to be ruled unviewable in primetime, singing top 10 hits and dancing reasonably non pole dance moves.

Firstdown said the SB should have chosen a more appropriate act. He's wrong, and your response, although insensitive and rude does point to the fact the SB's target audience was more than just the family friendly cadre.

The act was appropriate for the SB target audience, and an ok halftime show.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #357
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
So are you saying that because beyonce is black that it's inappropriate that she shakes her ass? But yet Madonna dancing around last year wasn't?
Maybe you nned to go back and look at Madonaa's performance last year before you make that leap. I don't think I ever said I would want to sensor what people watch I just think the SB could find something better for that event. If I want to see a half naked woman shaking her ass I don't need to tune in to the SB there are plenty of places to find that. If you need that so bad for your SB entertainment then maybe you guys are the ones with the problem.
firstdown is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #358
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

I don't see how this is SOOOO different from Beyonce's performance









__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #359
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,600
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

Its gonna be a longgggggg offseason
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #360
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,247
Re: Ravens v. Niners Super Bowl Thread

So, paper or plastic?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28347 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25