Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #241
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,370
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yet five of you guys said you like the rule that stops a defender from making a certian type of tackel?Yes I'm old school I want hitting ...from the QB to the running backs to the Wr's hit them all I say!
These rules are coming from the owners to protect their investment.
The horse collar rule is protecting the players from a serious leg injury. Letting a wr make a "football move" before he can be hit isn't football.
skinsfan69 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-19-2013, 04:14 AM   #242
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,998
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The horse collar rule is protecting the players from a serious leg injury. Letting a wr make a "football move" before he can be hit isn't football.
Again stopping the hits on a QB at the knees is also protecting the player from a serious leg injury,yet people bitch becuase it's Brady that was the example,people are for one and against the other.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #243
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,370
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Again stopping the hits on a QB at the knees is also protecting the player from a serious leg injury,yet people bitch becuase it's Brady that was the example,people are for one and against the other.
The hit on Carson Palmer and Brady should never be illegal hits. The NFL goes out of the way to protect it's stars, we know that. To me that compromises the integrity of football.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #244
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,694
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The hit on Carson Palmer and Brady should never be illegal hits. The NFL goes out of the way to protect it's stars, we know that. To me that compromises the integrity of football.
Why are you ok with below the waist hits on QBs or blowing up WRs over the middle, but against horse collar tackles?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #245
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,240
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

If Brady, and Manning and Brees and Griffin and Rogers are all out from low pocket hits then a lot less fans will be watching and the NFL will become boring without its stars.
You have to keep the starting QBs on the field or the NFL will suck.
These guys MUST be protected, its a necessary evil.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #246
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,094
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

adidas Training & RGIII | "Blow Up" -- All In For Week 1 - YouTube

tHIS DIDN'T TAKE LONG
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #247
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,432
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

Incredibly stupid if you ask me. If he's truly ready, fine. However, I have a feeling we'll be seeing him skip a few processes and going directly to GO.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #248
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Incredibly stupid if you ask me. If he's truly ready, fine. However, I have a feeling we'll be seeing him skip a few processes and going directly to GO.
I tried to get in before this, because I knew a response like this was coming:

Quote:
Feel like I need to say this..Although my goal is to start Week 1, that doesn't mean I will compromise my career to do so.
Source
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is online now  
Old 02-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #249
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,370
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Why are you ok with below the waist hits on QBs or blowing up WRs over the middle, but against horse collar tackles?
Because those hits had no intent. It's freakin' football, guys are going to blow out their knees. So whenever a star gets hurt there has to be a new damn rule?? There's TOO MANY damn rules! If you look at the hit on Brady the guy was already on the ground. What's he suppose to do? Get up and then hit Brady between the numbers???? That's ridiculous!

I'll say this one more time. Blowing up wr's coming over the middle is part of the culture of football. That's why we all LOVED Sean Taylor. It's the intimidation factor. Now... you have to let the guy CATCH THE BALL, let him make a "football move" and then hit him. Now if you agree with that rule then so be it. Maybe you'd prefer to watch flag football. But to me, that IS NOT football. Week after week we hear former players laugh at the rules today. The rules are too one sided and to me that's BS.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #250
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,240
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Incredibly stupid if you ask me. If he's truly ready, fine. However, I have a feeling we'll be seeing him skip a few processes and going directly to GO.
Whats stupid about it?
Its a commercial.
And hes sitting down....
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #251
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,819
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Check out Jerry Jones' latest high-priced acquisition that will surely restore the Cowboys to their GLOREE DAYZ!
mooby is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #252
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,663
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Alfred Morris Highlights 2012 Full Rookie Season HD - YouTube


Here ya go. Re-live Morris's rookie year. This kid is a beast. Nuf said.

Gave me chills, and I can't wait till September 8th.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #253
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,694
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Because those hits had no intent. It's freakin' football, guys are going to blow out their knees. So whenever a star gets hurt there has to be a new damn rule?? There's TOO MANY damn rules! If you look at the hit on Brady the guy was already on the ground. What's he suppose to do? Get up and then hit Brady between the numbers???? That's ridiculous!

I'll say this one more time. Blowing up wr's coming over the middle is part of the culture of football. That's why we all LOVED Sean Taylor. It's the intimidation factor. Now... you have to let the guy CATCH THE BALL, let him make a "football move" and then hit him. Now if you agree with that rule then so be it. Maybe you'd prefer to watch flag football. But to me, that IS NOT football. Week after week we hear former players laugh at the rules today. The rules are too one sided and to me that's BS.
So why do you keep watching?

Those former players that are laughing at the rules as you say are also the ones trying to sue the league now because they didn't protect them enough.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #254
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,159
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

griffin's new addias commercial. i posted it in the super happy fun thread, but wanted to post it here too, just couldnt help myself, i love this guy...


“Feel like I need to say this… Although my goal is to start Week 1, that doesn’t mean I will compromise my career to do so,” the first tweet read.

Griffin followed up with, “Starting Week 1 will be the result of healing, hard work, dedication & God’s anointing. No rush, just determination.”
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #255
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 668
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The hit on Carson Palmer and Brady should never be illegal hits. The NFL goes out of the way to protect it's stars, we know that. To me that compromises the integrity of football.
If fans still wanted 6-3 games that involved as many ambulances as footballs. If the consensus as to what was called a "great game" was 10 passes a game with 6 of those having the QB get clubbed across his head from behind sending his helmet spinning on the ground and his brain spinning in his skull. Something tells me the NFL, even with the safety of the players talk, would try to emulate that style of play.

Since the money for the NFL today is in 35-31 shootouts with QB X throwing for 450 yards and 5 TD's and QB Y throwing for 350 yards and 3 TD's, player safety trumps all.

Its gotta be about safety and not money... Right? 18 games per season doesnt mean more money but does mean more safety...
Skinzman is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28416 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25