Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #301
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,101
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Austin Davis and Kellen Moore both on track to be no. 2 QBs next season. Neither was drafted. Foles might end up starting for a second team in two years. Kirk Cousins...ya, know.

Weeden is older than Alex Smith, somehow.
And Aaron Rodgers
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #302
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,362
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRedskinsFan View Post
So you'd sacrifice safety to preserve "the integrity of the game"?

I'm not sure you want to make that argument...
What I mean is letting wr catch the ball first, before he can be hit is compromising the integrity of football. Accidentally head slapping a qb when his helmet is on, then throwing a flag for roughness is compromising the integrity of football. Guys head slap when they celebrate a good play. These are examples of my argument. I guess you guys like all the silly flags we see week after week.
Anyhow I've made my point. Obviously I will still watch football. But I don't like where the games is headed.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #303
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,420
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Miles Austin Could Become Dallas Cowboys Cap Casualty - FanSided - Sports News - An Independent Sports Network
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #304
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,094
I wouldn't mind signing Austin
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #305
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,827
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Literally nothing makes me happier than knowing the cowboys are in disarray:
Jerry Jones gives Jason Garrett enough rope to fire himself | ProFootballTalk
mbedner3420 is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #306
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,989
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
What I mean is letting wr catch the ball first, before he can be hit is compromising the integrity of football. Accidentally head slapping a qb when his helmet is on, then throwing a flag for roughness is compromising the integrity of football. Guys head slap when they celebrate a good play. These are examples of my argument. I guess you guys like all the silly flags we see week after week.
Anyhow I've made my point. Obviously I will still watch football. But I don't like where the games is headed.

So you think the headslap Orakpo would put on an OL(by accident,of course) is the same as a headslap for a job well done?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #307
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,362
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So you think the headslap Orakpo would put on an OL(by accident,of course) is the same as a headslap for a job well done?
I'll give you an example since you're having a hard time understanding what I'm saying. The refs throw flags if a linemen goes to block a pass and his hand hits any part of the qb's head. There is no way in hell that gives a qb a concussion. That should never be a personal foul unless there's intent. Yet most of the time they throw the flag every single time. What's your opinion on that?
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #308
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,755
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'll give you an example since you're having a hard time understanding what I'm saying. The refs throw flags if a linemen goes to block a pass and his hand hits any part of the qb's head. There is no way in hell that gives a qb a concussion. That should never be a personal foul unless there's intent. Yet most of the time they throw the flag every single time. What's your opinion on that?
Refs are going to always err in the side of caution and fans just need to get over this whole thing because that is today's reality. Should refs use more judgement in the example that you just said? They probably should. But saying that calls like this are "sacrificing the integrity of the game" and blame "safety" for it is ridiculous.

The refs are always going to make mistakes, and it has very little to do with the safety rules and more with the speed at which today's players play the game. If it becomes such a big issue, I am sure that some owners will bring it up and something will be done about it.

It's funny how people complain that certain players, but I think a lot of players and fans just want to see the erratic "highlight" tackles. Ironically, I think those type of tackles are bad football form, since players nowadays try to go for those erratic tackles instead of wrapping up a guy and bringing him down. Morons like James Harrison just one to go head first and make a tackle that will make the Sportscenter highlight.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #309
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,597
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Refs are going to always err in the side of caution and fans just need to get over this whole thing because that is today's reality. Should refs use more judgement in the example that you just said? They probably should. But saying that calls like this are "sacrificing the integrity of the game" and blame "safety" for it is ridiculous.

The refs are always going to make mistakes, and it has very little to do with the safety rules and more with the speed at which today's players play the game. If it becomes such a big issue, I am sure that some owners will bring it up and something will be done about it.

It's funny how people complain that certain players, but I think a lot of players and fans just want to see the erratic "highlight" tackles. Ironically, I think those type of tackles are bad football form, since players nowadays try to go for those erratic tackles instead of wrapping up a guy and bringing him down. Morons like James Harrison just one to go head first and make a tackle that will make the Sportscenter highlight.
As an aside, I dislike these new "Brady rules", but rules that limit ambiguity by limiting judgement calls are good IMO. If you're going to call a penalty for slapping a QB's helmet in a roughing situation, call it every time.
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #310
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,989
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'll give you an example since you're having a hard time understanding what I'm saying. The refs throw flags if a linemen goes to block a pass and his hand hits any part of the qb's head. There is no way in hell that gives a qb a concussion. That should never be a personal foul unless there's intent. Yet most of the time they throw the flag every single time. What's your opinion on that?
My opinion,is you are wrong ,refs are making judgment calls all the time some are right some are not.You seem to assume that all hits are equal and they aren't ,that was my point.

Yup you're right it's all me,,so did you ever play the actual game itself and at what level,not accusing just curious?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #311
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,111
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
Literally nothing makes me happier than knowing the cowboys are in disarray:
Jerry Jones gives Jason Garrett enough rope to fire himself | ProFootballTalk
Jerry Jones is truly the reason why the Dallas Cowboys aren't going anywhere no time soon. He needs to hire a savvy GM like Bill Polian and let him run the Cowboys. But Jones won't do that because of his arrogance and his ego. The fact that he's considering signing Tony Romo to a deal after Romo has shown that he can't win in the clutch only confirms that Jones doesn't know what he's doing. Even if Romo is signed, does Jones have the common sense to look at the draft this year for Romo's eventual replacement? Seems doubtful. As far as Jason Garrett being on the hot seat, it seems like he should have been hired at the end of the 2012 season.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #312
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,755
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Jerry Jones is truly the reason why the Dallas Cowboys aren't going anywhere no time soon. He needs to hire a savvy GM will Bill Polian and let him run the Cowboys. But Jones won't do that because of his arrogance and his ego. The fact that he's considering signing Tony Romo to a deal after Romo has shown that he can't win in the clutch only confirms that Jones doesn't know what he's doing. Even if Romo is signed, does Jones have the common sense to look at the draft this year for Romo's eventual replacement? Seems doubtful.
I hope Jerry Jones doesn't follow your advise.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #313
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,111
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I hope Jerry Jones doesn't follow your advise.
Jones doesn't follow advise.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #314
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,597
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Don't know if this question deserves it's own thread:

Assume that for some reason RG3 was unavailable to us last draft. Would signing Peyton Manning have been a good move for us? For this past season? How about the near future?
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #315
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,762
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Don't know if this question deserves it's own thread:

Assume that for some reason RG3 was unavailable to us last draft. Would signing Peyton Manning have been a good move for us? For this past season? How about the near future?
Redskins would have made the playoffs for the next 3 years, pretty much guaranteed, but they never would have won a superbowl with Manning at QB.
donofriose is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28803 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25