Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #541
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,324
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

You still crying about Eli in this thread?
Go play with your Pokemons.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #542
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,013
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
People were asking who would be a replacement for Lorenzo should he leave.
Steve Taskerís son enters the draft pool | ProFootballTalk

how about a former all time great special teams player Steve Taskers son?
I'm gonna say it, I'm not a huge fan of signing/drafting players who are sons of formerly great players. Just because they're related doesn't mean we'd be getting Steve Tasker 2.0. Case in point: Jarrett Payton.
mooby is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #543
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,324
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Or Peyton Manning.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #544
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,775
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm gonna say it, I'm not a huge fan of signing/drafting players who are sons of formerly great players. Just because they're related doesn't mean we'd be getting Steve Tasker 2.0. Case in point: Jarrett Payton.
Although there are exceptions to your argument, I agree with your essential logic: just 'cuz Daddy was a great player doesn't mean you will be, too.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #545
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,013
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Although there are exceptions to your argument, I agree with your essential logic: just 'cuz Daddy was a great player doesn't mean you will be, too.
Nailed exactly what I was thinking. I didn't say there were absolutely no exceptions AW.
mooby is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #546
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Oh and we had the 9th best kicker last year, who didn't even play the whole season. Wow. Imagine how good he'll be if he plays the whole year.

B/R NFL 1000 2013: Top 32 Kickers | Bleacher Report
Move over Mark Moseley. Kai for MVP.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #547
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,805
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

I hope Kai stays on target this year. It was nice to have a consistency in the kicking game, still wouldn't mind having a dedicated KO kicker though.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #548
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,408
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Getting back to Dumervil, smart to take deal, sacrifice $4M, still play opposite Miller. Big $ wasn't out there for him and market crowded

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis
Hold on, contract not filed in time. Elvis Dumervil has been officially released
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #549
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,408
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

John Clayton ‏@ClaytonESPN
What a mess in Denver. They must have filed the Welker contract and gone over the cap. So Elvis has left the roster.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #550
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,987
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Fax snafu leads to Elvis Dumervilís release | ProFootballTalk

amazing

would love for NE to sign him to a big deal
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #551
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,438
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Dov Kleiman ‏@NFL_RealUpdates
Breaking News: Patriots have signed former #Falcons, #Jets DE John Abraham, as i said yesterday, they started to talk terms before his visit
That's a great signing for NE. If only we had the cap space for a pass rusher like him.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #552
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,147
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
That's a great signing for NE. If only we had the cap space for a pass rusher like him.
That and ran a 4-3
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #553
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,701
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

If we were going to sign a pass rusher Dummervil would have to be the move, but there is no way that would happen.

Maybe if things were different. A DL with a rotation on Carriker, Jenkins, and Dummervil would fix the lack of a pass rush. Having Rak come off of the same side as Dummervil would be pretty amazing.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #554
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

and about 6-7mill more money than we have to spend. would have been nice though, for sure.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #555
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 1,049
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

NFL having trouble scheduling season opener in Baltimore because of Orioles conflict [updated]

Thought this was kind of interesting. Personally I hope MLB sticks to their guns.
BaltimoreSkins is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.25632 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25