Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #601
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Yes he is and always will be the fastest!!

The Redskins Blog | Is HOFer Green Still NFLís Fastest Man?
I will always remember when everyone took notice of DG when he ran down Dorset I think his rookie year.

firstdown is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #602
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,806
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I will always remember when everyone took notice of DG when he ran down Dorset I think his rookie year.

The Great Darrell Green Feature - YouTube
Darrell caught them all from behind, Rice, Irvin, Moss, Dickerson, Gault, Brown, Dorsett.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #603
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,825
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I will always remember when everyone took notice of DG when he ran down Dorset I think his rookie year.

The Great Darrell Green Feature - YouTube

Chills; love that guy.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #604
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 767
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Come on he just chucked it down field? Your making my point. One of the best plays in SB history and the only credit you give him is chucking the ball down field. His brother would have gone down to avoid taking a hit like he normally does.
Did he hit Tyree in stride? Did he throw it over one defender but underneath another? Did he drop it over Tyree's shoulder when he was in tight coverage?

Tyree and the safety were standing there waiting for the ball to come down. Tyree made the play over the safety. Its considered a great play because of the helmet catch.

Edit: They also won that game 17-10. The undefeated Patriots, who set all kinds of offensive records that year, scored 10 points. They won because of their defense.
Skinzman is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #605
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,221
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Did he hit Tyree in stride? Did he throw it over one defender but underneath another? Did he drop it over Tyree's shoulder when he was in tight coverage?

Tyree and the safety were standing there waiting for the ball to come down. Tyree made the play over the safety. Its considered a great play because of the helmet catch.

Edit: They also won that game 17-10. The undefeated Patriots, who set all kinds of offensive records that year, scored 10 points. They won because of their defense.
17-14, not 17-10
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 12:59 AM   #606
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
Im gonna call a few players & start negotiating .
Gtothearry is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 04:20 AM   #607
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,237
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
. Its considered a great play because of the helmet catch.

.
Well, add in also Eli had to escape ,was almost pulled down and did it on the run.Did the Giants D play well yes but so did Eli.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #608
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 767
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Well, add in also Eli had to escape ,was almost pulled down and did it on the run.Did the Giants D play well yes but so did Eli.
If you read my entire response, you will see that I mentioned the escape. I still dont understand why people are so quick to jump on that specific play. Eli's play was escaping, not the throw. The throw was more of a hail mary than anything. If you want to highlight a throw of Eli's, why people dont talk about the second SB with the Manningham catch. That was as close to a perfect pass as you can get in that situation. It also required one helluva catch. That play can easily go down as one of the best in a SB due to the fact that it took a great throw as well as a great catch just to be a successful play.

Also just to add, I never once said Eli sucks. I dont consider him elite due to his inconsistency, but to say someone is not elite does not mean that to say that they arent any good. I consider Eli to be in that tier just below the group that includes Brady and Rodgers. He has played games where he played like Brady, but he also has his fair share of games where he played like Rex Grossman.

Edit: Actually it was a post or two earlier where I mention that escape, not the specific post you quoted.

Last edited by Skinzman; 03-09-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Skinzman is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #609
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I'm an Eli fan. The guy does not get the credit but he is one of the better QB's in the NFL. I'd take him in crunch time over his brother that is great but has a hard time when the big games come around.
Eli over Peyton, in any situation?????

Ya, no thanks.
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #610
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,422
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

You still crying about Eli in this thread?
Go play with your Pokemons.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 01:04 AM   #611
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

People were asking who would be a replacement for Lorenzo should he leave.
Steve Tasker’s son enters the draft pool | ProFootballTalk

how about a former all time great special teams player Steve Taskers son?
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #612
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,103
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
People were asking who would be a replacement for Lorenzo should he leave.
Steve Taskerís son enters the draft pool | ProFootballTalk

how about a former all time great special teams player Steve Taskers son?
I'm gonna say it, I'm not a huge fan of signing/drafting players who are sons of formerly great players. Just because they're related doesn't mean we'd be getting Steve Tasker 2.0. Case in point: Jarrett Payton.
mooby is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #613
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,422
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Or Peyton Manning.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #614
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,989
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm gonna say it, I'm not a huge fan of signing/drafting players who are sons of formerly great players. Just because they're related doesn't mean we'd be getting Steve Tasker 2.0. Case in point: Jarrett Payton.
Although there are exceptions to your argument, I agree with your essential logic: just 'cuz Daddy was a great player doesn't mean you will be, too.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #615
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,103
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Although there are exceptions to your argument, I agree with your essential logic: just 'cuz Daddy was a great player doesn't mean you will be, too.
Nailed exactly what I was thinking. I didn't say there were absolutely no exceptions AW.
mooby is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27277 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25