Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #631
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,716
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Interesting we sustained when Shanny said recently in a presser that the rule was the worst in the NFL.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #632
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,561
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

NFL owners end tuck rule, approve helmet penalty - ESPN

Lot of new changes coming this year. I think most make sense.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #633
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,716
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
and about 6-7mill more money than we have to spend. would have been nice though, for sure.
Thinking about it there are two things that are important here Shanny drafted the guy for one, but even if we had the cash would we spend it there or use it to take care of our own pass rusher in Rak next year?

My money would be on Rak if he didn't have all the same injury derailing his season the last two years. Now that may be in doubt, and I think with the FO not offering an extension now makes me believe that they are in the same boat to or just waiting to get the cash back next year.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #634
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,716
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
NFL owners end tuck rule, approve helmet penalty - ESPN

Lot of new changes coming this year. I think most make sense.
The helmet rule is a good idea on the surface but like Golic I believe that with the new rule being open to interpretation will cause dumb founded fans and players on crucial plays. There is just to much of that rule that can be screwed up. Emmit Smith who we all just love had a good interview on his view of it yesterday.

I am going to go back an watch some of the Morris highlight tapes on you tube to see how it will affect our runner. For a guy who never goes down I want to see how much I that is due to maybe that or just his own beastlyness.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #635
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
The helmet rule is a good idea on the surface but like Golic I believe that with the new rule being open to interpretation will cause dumb founded fans and players on crucial plays. There is just to much of that rule that can be screwed up. Emmit Smith who we all just love had a good interview on his view of it yesterday.

I am going to go back an watch some of the Morris highlight tapes on you tube to see how it will affect our runner. For a guy who never goes down I want to see how much I that is due to maybe that or just his own beastlyness.
I can't remember ALFMO really leading with the crown of the helmet. He gets low & absorbs blows but doesn't look to deliver a hit.

I think this rule will help him as a runner. D-players cant try to blow up RB's anymore. ALFMO is difficult to tackle straight up.

My main concern is with the refs and how they will decide to enforce this rule. I feel any big hit delivered by a RB now will lead to a penalty.
Gtothearry is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #636
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,426
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Crap, they approved that stoopid helmet crown rule.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is online now  
Old 03-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #637
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Adam schefter said that the patriots and us decided to not vote on the tuck rule
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #638
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,716
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
I can't remember ALFMO really leading with the crown of the helmet. He gets low & absorbs blows but doesn't look to deliver a hit.

I think this rule will help him as a runner. D-players cant try to blow up RB's anymore. ALFMO is difficult to tackle straight up.

My main concern is with the refs and how they will decide to enforce this rule. I feel any big hit delivered by a RB now will lead to a penalty.
I agree 100% with your last point. Just another way for the refs to screw us
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #639
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,674
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Garbage rule. Pure trash. Maybe the football is to heavy to carry as well, Nerf footballs are nice and safe. First time that penalty is called I'm unleash a mofo heard round the world.
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. Your wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #640
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,401
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

I really don't see this new helmet rule as being a big deal.

They're trying to eliminate blatant use of the helmet in the open field, which doesn't happen all that often.

I think I heard that there were 30 or so plays last year that would have been flagged under this rule. So in a total of 256 regular season games we're talking about 30 plays? It shouldn't have much of an impact at all. The league has to continue to protect players against head injuries, this rule is more window dressing than anything.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 12:53 AM   #641
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

If someone else chooses to start a new thread that's ok.

The Washington Times is reporting that Democrates in congress have presented a bill or passed a bill that will basically force the Redskins to change their team name.

Wonderfull.

In the event they have to I think the team should retire the whole kit and kaboodle. We have the Wash Caps (red, white, and blue), the Wash Nats (red, white, and blue), and we have the Wash Wiz (red, white, and blue). I thin DS should purchase the Wash Federals name and change the colors to red, white, and blue.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 01:04 AM   #642
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,757
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
If someone else chooses to start a new thread that's ok.

The Washington Times is reporting that Democrates in congress have presented a bill or passed a bill that will basically force the Redskins to change their team name.

Wonderfull.

In the event they have to I think the team should retire the whole kit and kaboodle. We have the Wash Caps (red, white, and blue), the Wash Nats (red, white, and blue), and we have the Wash Wiz (red, white, and blue). I thin DS should purchase the Wash Federals name and change the colors to red, white, and blue.
We'll look an awful lot like the Giants and the Pats.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 01:27 AM   #643
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
If someone else chooses to start a new thread that's ok.

The Washington Times is reporting that Democrates in congress have presented a bill or passed a bill that will basically force the Redskins to change their team name.

Wonderfull.

In the event they have to I think the team should retire the whole kit and kaboodle. We have the Wash Caps (red, white, and blue), the Wash Nats (red, white, and blue), and we have the Wash Wiz (red, white, and blue). I thin DS should purchase the Wash Federals name and change the colors to red, white, and blue.
I can't see this going anywhere. Here is the link: http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...edskins/print/
Gtothearry is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 02:18 AM   #644
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Garbage rule. Pure trash. Maybe the football is to heavy to carry as well, Nerf footballs are nice and safe. First time that penalty is called I'm unleash a mofo heard round the world.
LOL this post perfectly compliments your WP name.

You're right too, it's just funny.
The Goat is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 04:23 AM   #645
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,237
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
We'll look an awful lot like the Giants and the Pats.

.....or the Bills
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.43565 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25